Corey T. Jensen, M.D.
Department of Abdominal Imaging, Division of Diagnostic Imaging
About Dr. Jensen
Dr. Jensen completed radiology residency training at the Baylor College of Medicine in Houston (2010) and abdominal imaging fellowship at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center. While his training focused on advanced abdominal imaging techniques, he also completed additional training in musculoskeletal and cardiac imaging. After earning the Honorary Physicist award during residency for a top 1% score on the ABR board examination, he has continued interests in medical physics with a focus on protocol QA/QI. Currently, Dr. Jensen is the imaging director of the colorectal multidisciplinary conference, director of clinical operations, and director of CT imaging operations. His research interests are varied, but have predominantly centered around software post-processing evaluation.
Present Title & Affiliation
Associate Professor, Department of Abdominal Imaging, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Imaging Physics and Software
Education & Training
|2010-2011||Clinical Fellowship, Body Imaging Fellowship, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2006-2010||Clinical Residency, Radiology Residency, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX|
|2010||American Board of Radiology|
Experience & Service
Associate Professor, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2017 - 2019
- Jensen CT, Wagner-Bartak NA, Vu LN, Liu X, Raval B, Martinez D, Wei W, Cheng Y, Samei E, Gupta S. Detection of colorectal hepatic metastases is superior at standard radiation dose CT versus reduced dose CT. Radiology 290(2):400-409, 2019. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30480489.
- Jensen CT, Blair KJ, Le O, Sun J, Wei W, Korivi BR, Morani AC, Wagner-Bartak NA. Utility of CT oral contrast administration in the emergency department of a quaternary oncology hospital: diagnostic implications, turnaround times, and assessment of ED physician ordering. Abdom Radiol (NY) 42(11):2760-2768, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28523416.
- Michelle M A, Jensen CT, Habra MA, Menias CO, Shaaban AM, Wagner-Bartak NA, Roman-Colon AM, Elsayes KM. Adrenal cortical hyperplasia: diagnostic workup, subtypes, imaging features and mimics. Br J Radiol 90(1079):20170330, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28707538.
- Jensen CT, Chahin A, Amin VD, Khalaf AM, Elsayes KM, Wagner-Bartak N, Zhao B, Zhou S, Bedi DG. Qualitative slow blood flow in lower extremity deep veins on doppler sonography: quantitative assessment and preliminary evaluation of correlation with subsequent deep venous thrombosis development in a tertiary care oncology center. J Ultrasound Med 36(9):1867-1874, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28470976.
- Telesmanich ME, Jensen CT, Enriquez JL, Wagner-Bartak NA, Liu X, Le O, Wei W, Chandler AG, Tamm EP. Third version of vendor-specific model-based iterative reconstruction (Veo 3.0): evaluation of CT image quality in the abdomen using new noise reduction presets and varied slice optimization. Br J Radiol 90(1077):20170188, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28707531.
- Goodenberger MH, Wagner-Bartak NA, Gupta S, Liu X, Yap RQ, Sun J, Tamm EP, Jensen CT. Computed tomography image quality evaluation of a new iterative reconstruction algorithm in the abdomen (adaptive statistical iterative reconstruction-V) a comparison with model-based iterative reconstruction, adaptive statistical iterative reconstruction, and filtered back projection reconstructions. J Comput Assist Tomogr. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28806318.
- Gaballah AH, Jensen CT, Palmquist S, Pickhardt PJ, Duran A, Broering G, Elsayes KM. Angiosarcoma: clinical and imaging features from head to toe. Br J Radiol 90(1075):20170039, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28471264.
- ElGuindy YM, Javadi S, Menias CO, Jensen CT, Elsamaloty H, Elsayes KM. Imaging of secretory tumors of the gastrointestinal tract. Abdom Radiol (NY) 42(4):1113-1131, 2017. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27878636.
- Elsayes KM, Emad-Eldin S, Morani AC, Jensen CT. Practical approach to adrenal imaging. Radiol Clin North Am 55(2):279-301, 2017. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 28126216.
- Jensen CT, Telesmanich ME, Wagner-Bartak NA, Liu X, Rong J, Szklaruk J, Qayyum A, Wei W, Chandler AG, Tamm EP. Evaluation of abdominal computed tomography image quality using a new version of vendor-specific model-based iterative reconstruction. J Comput Assist Tomogr 41(1):67-74, 2017. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27529683.
- Rothan SM, Menias CO, ElGuindy YM, Jensen CT, Shaaban A, Bhosale P, Lee MV, Katabathina VS, Elsayes KM. Imaging of hereditary tumors of the female genital system. J Comput Assist Tomogr. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27861200.
- Li G, Liu X, Dodge CT, Jensen CT, Rong XJ. A noise power spectrum study of a new model-based iterative reconstruction system: Veo 3.0. J Appl Clin Med Phys 17(5):1-12, 2016. PMID: 28297460.
- Gupta S, Wagner-Bartak N, Jensen CT, Hui A, Wei W, Lertdilok P, Qayyum A, Tamm EP. Dual-energy CT of pancreatic adenocarcinoma: reproducibility of primary tumor measurements and assessment of tumor conspicuity and margin sharpness. Abdom Radiol (NY) 41(7):1317-1324, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 26956643.
- Bhosale P, Wang J, Varma D, Jensen CT, Patnana M, Wei W, Chauhan A, Feig B, Patel S, Somaiah N, Sagebiel T. Can abdominal computed tomography imaging help accurately identify a dedifferentiated component in a well-differentiated liposarcoma?. J Comput Assist Tomogr. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27454788.
- Dodge CT, Tamm EP, Cody DD, Liu X, Jensen CT, Wei W, Kundra V, Rong XJ. Performance evaluation of iterative reconstruction algorithms for achieving CT radiation dose reduction - a phantom study. J Appl Clin Med Phys 17(2):5709, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27074454.
- Jauch SF, Morris VK, Jensen CT, Kaseb AO. Multimodal approach and long-term survival in a patient with recurrent metastatic acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreas: a case report. Pancreatology 16(1):153-156, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26456669.
- Jensen CT, Vicens-Rodriguez RA, Wagner-Bartak NA, Fox PS, Faria SC, Carrion I, Qayyum A, Tamm EP. Multidetector CT detection of peritoneal metastases: evaluation of sensitivity between standard 2.5 mm axial imaging and maximum-intensity-projection (MIP) reconstructions. Abdom Imaging 40(7):2167-2172, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25666971.
- Vicens RA, Rodriguez J, Sheplan L, Mayo C, Mayo L, Jensen CT. Brachytherapy in pelvic malignancies: a review for radiologists. Abdom Imaging 40(7):2645-2659, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25820802.
- Bui PL, Vicens RA, Westin JR, Jensen CT. Multimodality imaging of Epstein-Barr virus-associated inflammatory pseudotumor-like follicular dendritic cell tumor of the spleen: case report and literature review. Clin Imaging 39(3):525-528, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25725946.
- Sprouse T, Jensen CT, Vicens R, Ernst R, Bhosale P. Local magnetic resonance imaging staging of rectal adenocarcinoma. J Comput Assist Tomogr 38(6):885-889, 2014. PMID: 25333479.
- Vicens RA, Jensen CT, Korivi BR, Bhosale PR. Malignant renal epithelioid angiomyolipoma with liver metastasis after resection: a case report with multimodality imaging and review of the literature. J Comput Assist Tomogr 38(4):574-577, 2014. PMID: 24887578.
- Korivi BR, Jensen CT, Patnana M, Patel KP, Bathala TK. A rare presentation of lymphoma of the cervix with cross-sectional imaging correlation. Case Rep Radiol 2014:157268, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24864220.
- Bakaeen FG, Kar B, Chu D, Cornwell LD, Blaustein A, Levine GN, Paniagua D, Jneid H, Jensen C, Atluri PV, Bechara CF, Kougias P, Pawlak C, Bozkurt B, Burdon TA, Carabello BA. Establishment of a transcatheter aortic valve program and heart valve team at a veterans affairs facility. Am J Surg 205(5):643-648, 2012. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22921150.
- Kaur H, Choi H, You YN, Rauch GM, Jensen CT, Hou P, Chang GJ, Skibber JM, Ernst RD. MR imaging for preoperative evaluation of primary rectal cancer: practical considerations. Radiographics 32(2):389-409, 2012. PMID: 22411939.
- Thilo C, Kerl JM, Ravenel JG, Nguyen SA, Jensen CT, Costello P, Schoepf UJ. Triphasic contrast injection improves diagnosis of the right heart at coronary CT angiography (06-A-29-NASCI). Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 23:61-131, 2007.
- Jensen CT, Ravenel JG, Nguyen SA, Costello P, Schoepf UJ. Dual flow contrast injection for coronary CTA improves visualization of the right heart. AJR 186:A46-A49, 2006.
- Jensen CT, Vicens-Rodriguez RA, Carrion I, Fox PS, Wagner-Bartak NA, Faria SC, Mudasiru-Dawodu E, Qayyum A, Tamm EP. Evaluation of peritoneal metastasis detection with thin-slab maximum intensity projection (MIP) axial CT: A comparison to standard 2.5mm axial CT. American Roentgen Ray Society Annual Conference, 2015.
- Li G, Liu X, Dodge C, Jensen CT, Rong J. How iterative reconstruction algorithms affect the NPS of CT images (MO-FG-204-04). Medical Physics 42(6):3569-3570, 2015.
- Sprouse T, Jensen CT, Vicens R, Ernst R, Bhosale P. Local magnetic resonance imaging staging of rectal adenocarcinoma. SCBT Online Case of the Quarter, Winter 2014, 2014.
- Vicens RA, Jensen CT, Korivi BR, Bhosale PR. Malignant renal epithelioid angiomyolipoma with liver metastasis after resection: A case report with multimodality imaging and review of the literature. SCBT Online Case of the Quarter, Summer 2014, 2014.
- Bakaeen FG, Kar B, Chu D, Cornwell LD, Blaustein V, Levine GN, Jneid H, Jensen CT. Establishment of a transcatheter aortic valve program at a veterans affairs facility. Association of Veterans Affairs Surgeons, 2012.