Meet Craig Kovitz, M.D.
About Dr. Kovitz
Dr. Kovitz is a general medical oncologist and hematologist with a broad practice that encompasses the treatment of solid organ cancers as well as benign and malignant blood disorders. Dr. Kovitz graduated from Mount Sinai School of Medicine in 1997 and subsequently went on to do residency training in Internal Medicine at Wilford Hall United States Air Force Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas. After services as an attending internist and the Associate Director of the Internal Medicine training program at Keelser United States Air Force Medical Center in Biloxi, MS, he moved to Houston to complete his fellowship training in medical oncology and hematology at MD Anderson Cancer Center. After completing this training, he helped launch and grow the MD Anderson Regional Care Center in the Bay Area, one of four multidisciplinary care centers serving MD Anderson patients around Houston. He now proudly serves the North Houston community as a faculty member in the Woodlands. Dr. Kovitz is committed to delivering outstanding, compassionate, research-driven multidisciplinary care to every patient he encounters. He is a fellow of the American College of Physicians and is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
Associate Professor, Department of General Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Associate Professor, Department of Genitourinary Medical Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|1997||Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA, MD, Medical Doctor|
|1993||Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA, BS, Biological Sciences|
|2004-2007||Fellowship, Medical Oncology Hematology, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|1998-2000||Clinical Residency, Internal Medicine, Wilford Hall Medical Center, San Antonio, TX|
|1997-1998||Clinical Internship, Internal Medicine, Wilford Hall Medical Center, San Antonio, TX|
|2007||Medical Oncology; American Board of Internal Medicine|
|2007||Hematology; American Board of Internal Medicine|
|2000||Internal Medicine; American Board of Internal Medicine|
Associate Medical Director/Medical Oncology, Department of General Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2010 - 2012
Assistant Professor, Department of General Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2007 - 2013
Medical Oncologist/Hematologist, Millennium Oncology, The Woodlands, TX, 2014 - 2016
Institutional Committee Activities
Member, ATC Efficiency Committee, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 2010 - Present
|2003||Air Force Commendation Medal, United States Air Force|
- Jain T, Bar M, Kansagra AJ, Chong EA, Hashmi SK, Neelapu SS, Byrne M, Jacoby E, Lazaryan A, Jacobson CA, Ansell SM, Awan FT, Burns L, Bachanova V, Bollard CM, Carpenter PA, DiPersio JF, Hamadani M, Heslop HE, Hill JA, Komanduri KV, Kovitz CA, Lazarus HM, Serrette JM, Mohty M, Miklos D, Nagler A, Pavletic SZ, Savani BN, Schuster SJ, Kharfan-Dabaja MA, Perales MA, Lin Y. Use of Chimeric Antigen Receptor T Cell Therapy in Clinical Practice for Relapsed/Refractory Aggressive B Cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma: An Expert Panel Opinion from the American Society for Transplantation and Cellular Therapy. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 25(12):2305-2321, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31446199.
- Hughes CL, Yorio JT, Kovitz C, Oki Y. Treatment Decisions in a Man with Hodgkin Lymphoma and Guillian-Barré Syndrome: A case report. J Med Case Rep 8:455, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 25528252.
- Harting M, Tarrant W, Kovitz CA, Rosen T, Harting MT, Souchon E. Massive Nodular Melanoma: A case report. Dermatol Online J 13(2):7, 2007. e-Pub 2007. PMID: 17498426.
- Kovitz C, Kantarjian H, Garcia-Manero G, Abruzzo LV, Cortes J. Secondary Myelodysplastic Syndromes and Acute Leukemia Developing after Imatinib Mesylate Therapy for Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. Blood 108(8):2811-3, 2006. e-Pub 2006. PMID: 16809614.
- Kovitz CA, Bickford D, Ornstein D, Ririe D, Shaughnessy P, Fischer J. Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplantation at Wilford Hall U.S. Air Force Medical Center: 1987-1999. Mil Med 166(12):1049-53, 2001. PMID: 11778401.
- Kovitz CA, Morgello S. Cerebral Glucose Transporter Expression in HIV Infection. Acta Neuropathol 94(2):140-5, 1997. PMID: 9255388.
- Strassburg AD,Kovitz CA.. Upper extremity deep venous thromboses at Keesler Medical Center: 1997-2000. J Miss State Med Assoc 43(4):114, 2002. PMID: 11989197.
- Baldwin S; Kovtiz CA.. A critical analysis of the use of COX-2 inhibitors at Keesler Medical Center. Society of Air Force Physicians Annual Meeting Bulletin, 2002.
- Strassburg A;Kovtiz CA.. A critical analysis of laboratory evaluations for hereditary thrombophilia at Keesler Medical Center. Society of Air Force Physicians Annual Meeting Bulletin, 2002.
- Englund K; Kovtiz CA; Turner J.. A case of Richter's transformation in chronic lymphcytic leukemia presenting as hypercalcemia and a mediastinal mass. Society of Air Force Physicians Annual Meeting Bulletin, 2002.
- Kovitz C, Spiess PE, Tannir NM. Testicular Cancer. In: Encyclopedia of Cancer. 2nd. Springer-Verlag: Germany, 3656-3660, 2008.
- Kovitz CA; Millikan R; Logothetis C.. Testicular Cancer. In: The M.D. Anderson Manual of Medical Oncology. 6th. McGraw-Hill, Medical Pub: New York, 2006.