Meet Craig Kovitz, M.D.
About Dr. Kovitz
Dr. Kovitz is a general medical oncologist and hematologist with a broad practice that encompasses the treatment of solid organ cancers as well as benign and malignant blood disorders. Dr. Kovitz graduated from Mount Sinai School of Medicine in 1997 and subsequently went on to do residency training in Internal Medicine at Wilford Hall United States Air Force Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas. After services as an attending internist and the Associate Director of the Internal Medicine training program at Keelser United States Air Force Medical Center in Biloxi, MS, he moved to Houston to complete his fellowship training in medical oncology and hematology at MD Anderson Cancer Center. After completing this training, he helped launch and grow the MD Anderson Regional Care Center in the Bay Area, one of four multidisciplinary care centers serving MD Anderson patients around Houston. He now proudly serves the North Houston community as a faculty member in the Woodlands. Dr. Kovitz is committed to delivering outstanding, compassionate, research-driven multidisciplinary care to every patient he encounters. He is a fellow of the American College of Physicians and is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
Associate Professor, Department of General Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|1997||Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA, MD, Medical Doctor|
|1993||Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA, BS, Biological Sciences|
|2004-2007||Fellowship, Medical Oncology Hematology, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|1998-2000||Clinical Residency, Internal Medicine, Wilford Hall Medical Center, San Antonio, TX|
|1997-1998||Clinical Internship, Internal Medicine, Wilford Hall Medical Center, San Antonio, TX|
|2007||Medical Oncology; American Board of Internal Medicine|
|2007||Hematology; American Board of Internal Medicine|
|2000||Internal Medicine; American Board of Internal Medicine|
Associate Medical Director/Medical Oncology, Department of General Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2010 - 2012
Assistant Professor, Department of General Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2007 - 2013
Chief Fellow, Department of General Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2006 - 2007
|2003||Air Force Commendation Medal, United States Air Force|
- Kovitz C, Kantarjian H, Garcia-Manero G, Abruzzo LV, Cortes J. Secondary Myelodysplastic syndromes and acute leukemia developing after imatinib mesylate therapy for chronic myeloid leukemia. Blood 108(8):2811-3, 2006. e-Pub 2006. PMID: 16809614.
- Kovitz CA, Bickford D, Ornstein D, Ririe D, Shaughnessy P, Fischer J. Allogeneic bone marrow transplantation at Wilford Hall U.S. Air Force Medical Center: 1987-1999. Mil Med 166(12):1049-53, 2001. PMID: 11778401.
- Kovitz CA, Morgello S. Cerebral glucose transporter expression in HIV infection. Acta Neuropathol 94(2):140-5, 1997. PMID: 9255388.
- Kovitz C, Spiess PE, Tannir NM. Testicular Cancer. In: Encyclopedia of Cancer. 2nd. Springer-Verlag: Germany, 3656-3660, 2008.
- Kovitz CA; Millikan R; Logothetis C.. Testicular Cancer. In: The M.D. Anderson Manual of Medical Oncology. 6th. McGraw-Hill, Medical Pub: New York, 2006.