Education & Training
|2002||Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA, MD, Medicine|
|2000||Louisiana State University Medical Center School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA, USA, Medical School, Medicine|
|1998||University of Southwestern Louisiana, Lafayette, LA, USA, BS, Science|
|2006-2007||Clinical Fellowship, Cardiothoracic Anesthesia, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX|
|2007||American Board of Anesthesiology|
Experience & Service
Associate Professor, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, Division of Anesthesiology, Critical Care Medicine and Pain Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2017 - 2023
Assistant Professor, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, Division of Anesthesiology, Critical Care Medicine and Pain Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, 2007 - 2016
Institutional Committee Activities
Co-Chair, MD Anderson Cancer Center Division of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee, 2021 - Present
Co-Chair, MD Anderson Cancer Center Division of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine Division Head Search Committee, 2021 - 2021
Chair, MD Anderson Cancer Center Division of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine Professionalism Focus Group, 2018 - 2021
- Wright C. The disruptive physician and impact on the culture of safety. Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 34(3):387-391, 2021. PMID: 33935188.
- Wright A, Bailey M, Tougeeq A, Wright C, Fleming A, Zaide Z. Online faculty development for implementation and use of student portfolios. MedEdPORTAL IC, 2016.
- Huang WY, Rogers JC, Nelson EA, Wright CC, Teal CR. Meaningful Learning Moments on a Family Medicine Clerkship: When Students Are Patient Centered. Fam Med 48(4):294-9, 2016. PMID: 27057608.
- Johnson RF, Stewart MG, Wright CC. An evidence-based review of the treatment of peritonsillar abscess. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 128(3):332-43, 2003. PMID: 12646835.
- Wright CW, Adams JM, Rebello ER, Chandrabose R The ASA Mentoring Program: Developing a New Generation of Leaders in the ASA. American Society of Anesthesiologists Monitor Newsletter, 2015.
- Adams J, Wright CW Young Physician Heal Thyself. American Society of Anesthesiologists Monitor Newsletter, 2013.
- Wright C. Hematologic Agents: Heparin & Argatroban. In: Pharmacology in Anesthesia Practice. Oxford University Press: United States, 2013.
Letters to the Editor
- Markan S, Youngblood S, Wright C, Palvadi RR, Porter J. Paucity of education regarding pacemakers/cardiovascular implantable electronic devices in anesthesiology training programs is a patient safety hazard. Anesth Analg 117: 746-7, 2013.