Assistant Professor, Department of Health Disparities Research, Division of OVP, Cancer Prevention and Population Sciences, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2016||University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, USA, PHD, Personality Psychology|
|2014||University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, USA, MA, Clinical Psychology|
|2009||Korea University, Seoul, KOR, MA, Clinical & Counseling Psychology|
|2006||Korea University, Seoul, KOR, BA, Psychology|
|2017-2018||Postdoctoral Fellow, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2016-2016||Postdoctoral Fellow, City of Hope, Duarte, CA|
Instructor, Department of Health Disparities Research, Division of OVP, Cancer Prevention and Population Sciences, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2018 - 2021
Clinical Psychology Intern, National Cancer Center, Seoul, 2010 - 2011
Practicuum, Korea University, Seoul, 2007 - 2009
|2018||Duncan Family Institute Mentored Junior Faculty Fellowship, University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2018||Outstanding Postdoctoral Trainee in Cancer Prevention (Honorable Mention), Division of Cancer Prevention and Population Sciences, MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2012||Best Educational Book, Korean Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism|
|2010||Excellent Poster Award, National Cancer Center (Korea)|
|2007||Academic Excellence Awards, Korea University|
|2005||Academic Excellence Scholarship, Korea University|
- Cho D, Basen-Engquist K, Acquati C, Pettaway C, Ma H, Markofski M, Li Y, Canfield SE, Gregg J, McNeill LH. Cultural Adaptation of Evidence-Based Lifestyle Interventions for African American Men With Prostate Cancer: A Dyadic Approach. Am J Mens Health 14(6):1557988320945449, 2020. PMID: 33148111.
- Shelal Z, Cho D, Urbauer DL, Lu Q, Ma BY, Rohrer AM, Kurian S, Sturgis EM, Ramondetta LM. Knowledge Matters and Empowers: HPV vaccine advocacy among HPV-related cancer survivors. Support Care Cancer 28(5):2407-2413, 2020. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31489512.
- Cho D, Armeli S, Weinstock J Tennen H. Daily- and person-level associations between physical activity and alcohol use among college students. Emerging Adulthhood 8(5):428-434, 2020.
- Cho D, Milbury K, McNeill LH. Stress and cancer-related lifestyle factors among African American heterosexual couples. PLoS One 15(5):e0232577, 2020. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32384125.
- Cho D, Basen-Engquist K, Acquati C, Ma H, Pettaway C, Li Y, Diep CS, McNeill LH. Study protocol: a lifestyle intervention for African American and Hispanic prostate cancer survivors on active surveillance and their partners. Pilot Feasibility Stud 6:111, 2020. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32782817.
- Hughes CT, Kirtz S, Ramondetta LM, Lu Q, Cho D, Katzin C, Kahlor LA. Designing and Implementing an Educational Social Media Campaign to Increase HPV Vaccine Awareness among Men on a Large College Campus. Am J Health Educ 51(2):87-97, 2020.
- Wu IHC, Strong LL, Nguyen NT, Cho D, John J, McNeill LH. Psychosocial Stressors, Depression, and Physical Activity among African Americans. Am J Health Behav 43(4):717-728, 2019. PMID: 31239015.
- Cho D, Nguyen NT, Strong LL, Wu IHC, John JC, Escoto KH, Wetter DW, McNeill LH. Multiple health behaviors engagement in an African American cohort: Clustering patterns and correlates. Health Educ Behav 46(3):1090198119826207, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 30776919.
- Escoto KH, Milbury K, Nguyen N, Cho D, Roberson C, Wetter D, McNeill LH. Use of Complementary Health Practices in a Church-Based African American Cohort. J Altern Complement Med 24(12):1204-1213, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29883196.
- Park CL, Cho D, Moore PJ. How does education lead to healthier behaviours? Testing the mediational roles of perceived control, health literacy and social support. Psychol Health 33(11):1-14, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30450977.
- Cho D, Kim S. Interplay Between Self-Efficacy and Perceived Availability at Home and in the School Neighborhood on Adolescents' Fruit and Vegetable Intake and Energy-Dense, Low-Nutrient Food and Sugary Drink Consumption. J Nutr Educ Behav 50(9):856-867, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30146454.
- Cho D, Chu Q, Lu Q. Associations among physical symptoms, fear of cancer recurrence, and emotional well-being among Chinese American breast cancer survivors: a path model. Support Care Cancer 26(6):1755-1761, 2018. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 29243170.
- Ashing KT, Cho D, Lai L, Yeung S, Young L, Yeon C, Fong Y. Exploring characteristics, predictors, and consequences of fear of cancer recurrence among Asian-American breast cancer survivors. Psychooncology 26(12):2253-2260, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 27992680.
- Park CL, Cho D. Spiritual well-being and spiritual distress predict adjustment in adolescent and young adult cancer survivors. Psychooncology 26(9):1293-1300, 2017. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27196993.
- Cho D, Lu Q. The association between fear of cancer recurrence and quality of life among Chinese cancer survivors: main effect hypothesis and buffering hypothesis. Qual Life Res 26(9):2375-2385, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28455639.
- Cho D, Park CL. Smoking and sedentary behavior changes from adolescence to emerging adulthood: A multilevel modeling perspective. Prev Med 101:223-228, 2017. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 28040518.
- Cho D, Park CL. Moderating effects of perceived growth on the association between fear of cancer recurrence and health-related quality of life among adolescent and young adult cancer survivors. J Psychosoc Oncol 35(2):148-165, 2017. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27749160.
- Park CL, Cho D, Salner AL, Dornelas E. A randomized controlled trial of two mail-based lifestyle interventions for breast cancer survivors. Support Care Cancer 24(7):3037-46, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 26887585.
- Cho D, Park CL. Cancer-related identities in people diagnosed during late adolescence and young adulthood. Br J Health Psychol 20(3):594-612, 2015. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24924918.
- Park CL, Wortmann JH, Hale AE, Cho D, Blank TO. Assessing quality of life in young adult cancer survivors: development of the Survivorship-Related Quality of Life scale. Qual Life Res 23(8):2213-24, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24729054.
- Park CL, Cho D, Blank TO, Wortmann JH. Cognitive and emotional aspects of fear of recurrence: predictors and relations with adjustment in young to middle-aged cancer survivors. Psychooncology 22(7):1630-8, 2013. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 23060271.
- Park CL, Cho D, Wortmann JH. The impact of Yoga upon young adult cancer survivors. Complement Ther Clin Pract 19(2):77-82, 2013. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 23561064.
- Cho D, Park CL, Blank TO. Emotional approach coping: gender differences on psychological adjustment in young to middle-aged cancer survivors. Psychol Health 28(8):874-94, 2013. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 23391312.
- Cho D, Kim S, Durrani S, Liao Z, Milbury K. Associations Between Spirituality, Mindfulness, and Psychological Symptoms Among Advanced Lung Cancer Patients and Their Spousal Caregivers. J Pain Symptom Manage. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 33039605.
- Cho D, Ramondetta L, Garcini L, Lu Q. HPVs Vaccination among Racial/Ethnic Minority College Students: Current Status and Future Direction. J Natl Med Assoc. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32665067.
- Cho D, Park CL. Barriers to physical activity and healthy diet among breast cancer survivors: A multilevel perspective. European Journal of Cancer Care. e-Pub 2018.
- McNeill LH, Wu IHC, Cho D, Lu Q, Escoto K, Harris K. Community Outreach and Engagement Strategies to Address Breast Cancer Disparities. Current Breast Cancer Reports 12:209–215, 2020.
- Cho D, Park CL. Growth following trauma: Overview and current status. terapia psicolÓgica 31:69-79, 2013.
Books (edited and written)
- Kim J-H, Yu E-S, Cho D. Stress Management for Cancer Patients (written in Korean): Seoul, Korea, 2012.
|Title:||Watchful Living: A lifestyle intervention for black prostate cancer patients on active surveillance and their partners|
|Role:||Pilot Principal Investigator|
|Title:||Improving Quality of Life among Black Prostate Cancer Survivors and Their Partners: A Multi-level Perspective|
|Funding Source:||Brander Beacons Cancer Research|
|Title:||Quality of Life among African American Prostate Cancer Survivors and Their Partners: A Multi-level Perspective|
|Funding Source:||DOD/Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (DOD/CDMRP)|
|Title:||One Plus One Can Be Greater than Two: Ecological Momentary Assessment for Black Prostate Cancer Survivors and Partners|
|Title:||Barriers and Facilitators to Black Men’s Oral Health Care Access: A Multilevel Perspective|
|Funding Source:||UTH-MDA Population Health Initiative|
|Title:||Promoting HPV Vaccination among Young Adults in Texas|