About Dr. Teichgraeber
She began her career in private practice in the Pacific Northwest in the Portland, Oregon area. While in private practice, she developed provider and patient education outreach programs and implemented protocols to further practice efficiency and improve patient experience. She authored patient education brochures and gave educational presentations to provider groups on controversies of screening mammography, issues of radiation, and high risk populations.
She joined MD Anderson in 2015 as part of the Memorial Hermann MD Anderson Breast care partnership. Her research interests include breast tomosynthesis and high risk screening. She is dedicated to bringing MD Anderson mission in collaboration with Memorial Hermann to the Houston community.
Assistant Professor, Department of Breast Imaging, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Breast tomosynthesis in diagnostic setting
Tomosynthesis guided interventionHigh risk screening
Multimodality Breast Imaging
Patient and provider education and outreach
Radioactive seed localization
|2004||The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, USA, MD, Doctor of Medicine, Honors|
|1999||Williams College, Williamstown, MA, USA, BA, Bachelors of Arts in History|
|2010-2011||Clinical Fellowship, Women's Imaging, Brown University, Providence, RI|
|2009-2010||Clinical Fellowship, Body Imaging, University of Pennsylvania Medical School, Philadelphia, PA|
|2005-2009||Residency, Diagnostic Radiology, The University Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX|
|2004-2005||Clinical Internship, Christus St. Joseph Hospital, Houston, TX|
|2009||American Board of Radiology|
Locums Radiologist, Radiology Specialists of the Northwest, Portland, OR, 2014 - 2015
Locums Radiologist, South Sound Radiology, Olympia, WA, 2014 - 2014
Locums Radiologist, Radiology Specialists of the Northwest, Portland, OR, 2014 - 2014
Locums Radiologist, EPIC Imaging, Portland, OR, 2014 - 2014
Associate Radiologist, EPIC Imaging, Portland, OR, 2012 - 2014
Associate Radiologist, Columbia Imaging Group, Peace Health Southwest Washington Medical Center, Vancouver, WA, 2011 - 2012
- Teichgraeber DC, Perez F, Guirguis MS, Kapoor MM, Whitman GJ. Ultrasound evaluation of the axilla in the breast imaging setting. Ultrasound Q 37(1):43-51, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33464028.
- Martaindale S, Omofoye TS, Teichgraeber DC, Hess KR, Whitman GJ. Imaging follow-up versus surgical excision for radial scars identified on tomosynthesis-guided core needle biopsy. Acad Radiol 27(3):389-394, 2020. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31311772.
- Teichgraeber DC, Martaindale S, Omofoye TS, Hess KR, Parikh JR, Whitman GJ. Immediate migration of biopsy clip markers after upright digital breast tomosynthesis guided vacuum assisted core biopsy. Acad Radiol 27(2):204-209, 2020. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31076332.
- Shin K, Teichgraeber DC, Martaindale S, Whitman GJ. Tomosynthesis-guided core biopsy of the breast: why and how to use it. J Clin Imaging Sci 8(28), 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30147992.
- Omofoye TS, Martaindale S, Teichgraeber DC, Parikh JR. Current topics in medicine: implementation of upright digital breast tomosynthesis-guided stereotactic biopsy. Acad Radiol 24(11):1451-1455, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28666725.
- Spence SC, Teichgraeber D, Chandrasekhar C. Emergent right upper quadrant sonography. J Ultrasound Med 28(4):479-496, 2009. PMID: 19321676.
- Van Buren G, Teichgraeber DC, Ghorbani RP, Souchon EA. Sequential stenotic strictures of the small bowel leading to obstruction. World J Gastroenterol 13(40)(40):5391-5393, 2007. PMID: 17879413.
- Friedman NR, McCormick DO, Pittman C, Chonmaitree T, Teichgraeber D, Uchida T, Baldwin CD, Saeed KA.. Sequential stenotic of the small bowel leading to obstruction. Pediatr Infec Dis 25(2):101-7, 2006.
- McCormick DP, Saeed KA, Baldwin CD, Friedman NF, Teichgraeber D, Pittman C, Chonmaitree T.. Bullous myringitis: a case-control study. Pediatrics 112(4):982-86, 2003.