About Dr. Lane
Dr. Deanna L. Lane is an Associate Professor of Diagnostic Radiology in the Department of Breast Imaging at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. She obtained her medical degree in 1999 from The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Medical School. From 2000-2004, she pursued her residency training in diagnostic radiology at the Medical College of Virginia, followed by a fellowship in breast imaging at MD Anderson. She joined the breast imaging faculty at MD Anderson in 2006. She is board certified in radiology and a member of the Society of Breast Imaging. She is involved in the clinical teaching of residents and fellows, has authored peer-reviewed articles and book chapters on breast imaging topics, and serves as Associate Editor for the journal BMC Cancer.
Associate Professor, Department of Breast Imaging, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Imaging techniques for the locoregional staging of breast cancer
Ultrasound assessment of regional lymph nodes in breast cancer patients
Imaging assessment of tumor response to chemotherapy
Breast cancer staging
Multimodality breast imaging: Mammography, Tomosynthesis, Ultrasound, MRI
Image-guided breast biopsies and procedures
|1999||The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX, USA, MD, Medical|
|1995||Trinity University, San Antonio, TX, USA, BS, Biology|
|2005-2006||Clinical Fellowship, Breast Imaging, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2000-2004||Clinical Residency, Residency in Diagnostic Radiology, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, VA|
|1999-2000||Clinical Internship, Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX|
|2004||American Board of Radiology|
Associate Professor, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2012 - 2019
Assistant Professor, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2006 - 2012
- Abdelhafez AH, Musall BC, Adrada BE, Hess K, Son JB, Hwang KP, Candelaria RP, Santiago L, Whitman GJ, Le-Petross HT, Moseley TW, Arribas E, Lane DL, Scoggins ME, Leung JWT, Mahmoud HS, White JB, Ravenberg EE, Litton JK, Valero V, Wei P, Thompson AM, Moulder SL, Pagel MD, Ma J, Yang WT, Rauch GM. Tumor necrosis by pretreatment breast MRI: association with neoadjuvant systemic therapy (NAST) response in triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC). Breast Cancer Res Treat 185(1):1-12, 2021. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32920733.
- Roy M, Teshome M, Damodaran S, Sahin AA, Khazai L, Arribas E, Candelaria RP, Scoggins ME, Lane DL, Giordano SH, Albarracin CT, Prieto VG, Nagarajan P. Male mammary Paget disease: A tale of 2 contrasting cases. Am J Dermatopathol 42(12):981-985, 2020. PMID: 33289978.
- Yalniz C, Meis JM, Wang WL, Huo L, Candelaria RP, Adrada BE, Lane D, Santiago L, Huang ML. Proliferative fasciitis mimicking sarcoma in the breast. Breast J 26(10):2072-2074, 2020. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32854140.
- Candelaria RP, Adrada BE, Hess K, Santiago L, Lane DL, Thompson AM, Moulder SL, Huang ML, Arribas EM, Rauch GM, Leung JWT, Symmans WF, Valero V, Ravenberg EE, White JB, Yang WT. Axillary ultrasound during neoadjuvant systemic therapy in triple-negative breast cancer patients. Eur J Radiol 130:109170, 2020. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32777736.
- Candelaria RP, Adrada BE, Wei W, Thompson AM, Santiago L, Lane DL, Huang ML, Arribas EM, Rauch GM, Symmans WF, Gilcrease MZ, Huo L, Lim B, Ueno NT, Moulder SL, Yang WT. Imaging features of triple-negative breast cancers according to androgen receptor status. Eur J Radiol 114:167-174, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31005169.
- Le-Petross HT, Hess KR, Knudtson JD, Lane DL, Moseley TW, Geiser WR, Whitman GJ. Effect of mammography on marker clip migration after stereotactic-guided core needle breast biopsy. Curr Probl Diagn Radiol 46(6):410-414, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28390794.
- Menen RS, Ganesan N, Bevers T, Ying J, Coyne R, Lane D, Albarracin C, Bedrosian I. Long-term safety of observation in selected women following core biopsy diagnosis of atypical ductal hyperplasia. Ann Surg Oncol 24(1):70-76, 2017. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27573525.
- Adrada BE, Huo L, Lane DL, Arribas EM, Resetkova E, Yang W. Histopathologic correlation of residual mammographic microcalcifications after neoadjuvant chemotherapy for locally advanced breast cancer. Ann Surg Oncol 22(4):1111-7, 2015. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 25287438.
- Lane DL, Adeyefa MM, Yang WT. Role of sonography for the locoregional staging of breast cancer. AJR Am J Roentgenol 203(5):1132-41, 2014. PMID: 25341155.
- Haygood TM, Arribas E, Liu QM, Atkinson EN, Brennan PC, Santiago L, Carkaci S, Lane D, Stephens TW, LePetross H, Adrada B, Davis P, Whitman GJ. Detection of microcalcifications on digital screening mammograms using varying degrees of monitor zooming. AJR Am J Roentgenol 197(4):W761-W768, 2011. PMID: 21940549.
- Carkaci S, Lane DL, Gilcrease MZ, Conrow D, Schwartz MR, Huynh P, Yang WT. Do all mucocele-like lesions of the breast require surgery?. Clin Imaging 35(2):94-101, 2011. PMID: 21377046.
- Haygood TM, Wang J, Lane D, Galvan E, Atkinson EN, Stephens T, Whitman GJ. Why does it take longer to read digital than film-screen screening mammograms? A partial explanation. J Digit Imaging 23(2):170-180, 2010. e-Pub 2009. PMID: 19214635.
- Haygood TM, Wang J, Atkinson EN, Lane D, Stephens TW, Patel P, Whitman GJ. Timed efficiency of interpretation of digital and film-screen screening mammograms. AJR Am J Roentgenol 192(1):216-220, 2009. PMID: 19098202.
- Yang WT, Lane DL, Le-Petross HT, Abruzzo LV, Macapinlac HA. Breast lymphoma: imaging findings of 32 tumors in 27 patients. Radiology 245(3):692-702, 2007. e-Pub 2007. PMID: 17911538.
- Kilgore LJ, Yi M, Bevers T, Coyne R, Lazzaro M, Lane D, Albarracin C, Bedrosian I. Risk of breast cancer in selected women with atypical ductal hyperplasia who do not undergo surgical excision. Ann Surg. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33914469.
- Simons JM, Scoggins ME, Kuerer HM, Krishnamurthy S, Yang WT, Sahin AA, Shen Y, Lin H, Bedrosian I, Mittendorf EA, Thompson A, Lane DL, Hunt KK, Caudle AS. Prospective registry trial assessing the use of magnetic seeds to locate clipped nodes after neoadjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer patients. Ann Surg Oncol. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33417121.
- Musall BC, Abdelhafez AH, Adrada BE, Candelaria RP, Mohamed RMM, Boge M, Le-Petross H, Arribas E, Lane DL, Spak DA, Leung JWT, Hwang KP, Son JB, Elshafeey NA, Mahmoud HS, Wei P, Sun J, Zhang S, White JB, Ravenberg EE, Litton JK, Damodaran S, Thompson AM, Moulder SL, Yang WT, Pagel MD, Rauch GM, Ma J. Functional tumor volume by fast dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI for predicting neoadjuvant systemic therapy response in triple-negative breast cancer. J Magn Reson Imaging. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33586845.
- Lane DL, Parikh JR. Finding inspiration for the next generation of breast radiologists. J Br Imaging. e-Pub 2019.
- Le-Petross H, Lane D. Challenges and potential pitfalls in magnetic resonance imaging of more elusive breast carcinomas. Semin Ultrasound CT MR 32(4):342-350, 2011. PMID: 21782124.
- Lane DL. Commentary: disclosing harmful mammography errors to patients. Year Book of Diagnostic Radiology 2011:50-51, 2011.
- Lane DL, Muttarak M, Yang WT. Malignant breast tumors in the geriatric population. In: Geriatric Imaging. Springer-Verlag: Berlin Heidelberg, 957-985, 2013.
- Lane DL, Stafford RJ, Whitman GJ. Breast MRI. In: Physics of Mammographic Imaging. CRC Press/Taylor & Francis: Boca Raton, 187-204, 2013.
- Lane DL. Invasive ductal carcinoma NOS, General. In: Diagnostic Imaging Breast. Second Edition. Amirsys Publishing, Inc: US, 5-178 - 5-183, 2013.
- Lane DL. Invasive ductal carcinoma NOS, Grade 1, 2, 3. In: Diagnostic Imaging Breast. Second Edition. Amirsys Publishing, Inc: US, 5-184 - 5-189, 2013.
- Lane DL, Yang WT. Invasive lobular carcinoma. In: Diagnostic Imaging Breast. Second Edition. Amirsys Publishing, Inc: US, 5-190 - 5-195, 2013.
- Lane DL. Invasive lobular carcinoma, Pleomorphic. In: Diagnostic Imaging Breast. Second Edition. Amirsys Publishing, Inc, 5-196 - 5-203, 2013.