Diana H. Liang, MD
Department of Breast Surgical Oncology, Division of Surgery
Present Title & Affiliation
Assistant Professor, Department of Breast Surgical Oncology, Division of Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Education & Training
|2012||University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX, USA, MD, Medicine|
|2008||Rice University, Houston, TX, USA, BA, Biological Sciences|
|2019-2020||Clinical Fellowship, Breast Surgical Oncology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2014-2016||Research Fellowship, Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX|
|2012-2019||Clinical Residency, General Surgery, Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX|
|2019||American Board of Surgery|
Honors & Awards
|2020||Winner, Cancer Abstract Competition, American College of Surgeons Quality and Safety Conference|
|2016||Winner, Cancer Paper Competition, South Texas American College of Surgeons|
|2015||Recipient, AACR Scholar-in-Training Award, San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium|
- Liang DH, Black D, Yi M, Luo CK, Singh P, Sahin A, Scoggins ME, Moseley TW, Hunt KK. Clinical Outcomes Using Magnetic Seeds as a Non-wire, Non-radioactive Alternative for Localization of Non-palpable Breast Lesions. Ann Surg Oncol 29(6):3822-3828, 2022. e-Pub 2022. PMID: 35233742.
- Liang DH, Black D, Yi M, Luo CK, Singh P, Sahin A, Scoggins ME, Moseley TW, Hunt KK. Correction to: Clinical Outcomes Using Magnetic Seeds as a Non-wire, Non-radioactive Alternative for Localization of Non-palpable Breast Lesions. Ann Surg Oncol. e-Pub 2022. PMID: 35298763.
- Kilgore LJ, Murphy BL, Postlewait LM, Liang DH, Bedrosian I, Lucci A, Kuerer HM, Hunt KK, Teshome M. Impact of the early COVID-19 pandemic on Breast Surgical Oncology fellow education. J Surg Oncol 124(7):989-994, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 34328640.
- Elango R, Sheng Z, Jackson J, DeCata J, Ibrahim Y, Pham NT, Liang DH, Sakofsky CJ, Vindigni A, Lobachev KS, Ira G, Malkova A. Break-induced replication promotes formation of lethal joint molecules dissolved by Srs2. Nat Commun 8(1):1790, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 29176630.
- Liang DH, Choi DS, Ensor JE, Kaipparettu BA, Bass BL, Chang JC. The autophagy inhibitor chloroquine targets cancer stem cells in triple negative breast cancer by inducing mitochondrial damage and impairing DNA break repair. Cancer Lett 376(2):249-58, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27060208.
- Liang DH, Ensor JE, Liu ZB, Patel A, Patel TA, Chang JC, Rodriguez AA. Cell-free DNA as a molecular tool for monitoring disease progression and response to therapy in breast cancer patients. Breast Cancer Res Treat 155(1):139-49, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26667234.
- Tanei T, Choi DS, Rodriguez AA, Liang DH, Dobrolecki L, Ghosh M, Landis MD, Chang JC. Antitumor activity of Cetuximab in combination with Ixabepilone on triple negative breast cancer stem cells. Breast Cancer Res 18(1):6, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 26757880.
- Liang DH, El-Zein R, Dave B. Autophagy Inhibition to Increase Radiosensitization in Breast Cancer. J Nucl Med Radiat Ther 6(5), 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26613064.
- Liang DH, Hall C, Lucci A. Circulating Tumor Cells in Breast Cancer. In: Recent Results Cancer Res, 127-145, 2020.