Dilip Thakar, MD
Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, Division of Anesthesiology, Critical Care Medicine, and Pain Medicine
About Dr. Thakar
Board Certified Cardiothoracic Anesthesiologist, Board Certified in National Board of Echocardiography and Board Certified in Noarth American Society of Echocardiography
Present Title & Affiliation
Professor, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Education & Training
|1983||Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial, Medical College, Rapur, IND, MD, Medical Doctor|
|1975||Government Science College, Raipur, IND, BS|
|1990-1993||Department of Anesthesiology, Residency, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX|
|1989-1990||Department of Surgery, Internship, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX|
|2006||Cardiac Pacing and Cardioversion Defibrillation for the Physician by NASPExAM (HRS)|
|1998||Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography by National Board of Echocardiography, 1998|
|1994||American Board of Anesthesiology|
Experience & Service
Associate Professor, Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Division of Anesthesiology, Critical Care Medicine and Pain Medicine, The University of Texas, M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2001 - 2007
Assistant Professor, Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, The University of Texas, M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 1998 - 2001
Assistant Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, 1993 - 1998
Assistant Surgeon, Department of General and Cardiovascular Surgery, Memorial City Medical Center, Houston, TX, 1987 - 1989
Honors & Awards
|1998||Golden Apple Award for Excellence in Teaching, Baylor College of Medicine|
|1996||Golden Apple Award for Excellence in Teaching, Baylor College of Medicine|
|1995||Golden Apple Award for Excellence in Teaching, Baylor College of Medicine|
- Norman PH, Thall PF, Purugganan RV, Riedel BJ, Thakar DR, Rice DC, Huynh L, Qiao W, Wen S, Smythe WR. A possible association between aprotinin and improved survival after radical surgery for mesothelioma. Cancer 115(4):833-41, 2009. PMID: 19130460.
- Jackson TA, Mehran RJ, Thakar D, Riedel B, Nunnally ME, Slinger P. Case 5-2007 postoperative complications after pneumonectomy: clinical conference. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 21(5):743-51, 2007. PMID: 17905288.
- Riedel B, Shaw A, Thakar D. Correspondence. British Journal of Anaesthesia 1, 2004.
- Ferson D, Thakar D, Swafford J, Sinha A, Sapire K, Arens J. Use of deep intravenous sedation with propofol and the laryngeal mask airway during transesophageal echocardiography. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 17(4):443-6, 2003. PMID: 12968230.
- Sinha, A, , Thakar D. Airway Management, a Review and Update. Internet Journal of Anesthesia, 2002.
- Sapire KJ, Gopinath SP, Farhat G, Thakar DR, Gabrielli A, Jones JW, Robertson CS, Chance B. Cerebral oxygenation during warming after cardiopulmonary bypass. Crit Care Med 25(10):1655-62, 1997. PMID: 9377879.
- Thakar DR. Cardiac Tumors and Anesthetic Consideration. In: Acute Care of the Cancer Patient. Taylor and Francis, 2005.
- Thakar D, Sinha AC, Wenker O. Concepts of Neonatal ECMO. In: Neonatal Surgery. Modern Publishers, 525-529, 2000.