About Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta obtained her medical degree at the Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University in Chicago, IL in May of 2011. She completed her internship in Internal Medicine at Allegheny General Hospital – Western Pennsylvania Medical Consortium in Pittsburgh, PA from 2011-2012. She then proceeded to Houston where she completed her Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation training at the Baylor College of Medicine/ University of Texas at Houston PM&R Alliance from 2012-2015.
On completion of her residency training, Dr. Gupta accepted an appointment to the Department of Palliative Care, Rehabilitation and Integrative Medicine at the University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. Current research interests include prehabilitation for cancer patients prior to surgery, spasticity management, patient outcome measures, and functional improvement in cancer patients.
Assistant Professor, Department of Palliative Care and Rehabilitation Medicine, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2011||Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA, MD, Medicine|
|2007||Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA, BA, Economics|
|2012-2015||Clinical Residency, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Baylor College of Medicine/UT at Houston Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Alliance, Houston, TX|
|2011-2012||Clinical Internship, Internal Medicine, Allegheny General Hospital-Western Pennsylvania Med Consortium, Pittsburgh, PA|
|2016||American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation|
Instructor, Department of Palliative Care and Rehabilitation Medicine, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2015 - 2016
- Ng AH, Gupta E, Fontillas RC, Bansal S, Williams JL, Park M, Liu D, Fu JB, Yadav RR, Bruera E. Patient Reported Usefulness of Acute Cancer Rehabilitation. PM R 9(11):1135-1143, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28461228.
- Zhang X, Rangwala S, Gupta E, Villar-Prados A, Trynowsky T, Duvic M, Zhang C. Class I HDAC inhibitor SNDX-275 selectively induces apoptosis and inhibits NF-kB signaling in cutaneous T-cell lymphoma cells. Epigenetics.
- Gupta E, Fu JB. Functional Gains after Diagnosis of Central Pontine Myelinolysis due to Hypophosphatemia in a Leukemia Patient on an Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit: A Case Report, 2016 American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Annual Assembly, New Orleans, LA. PM&R 8(9 Suppl):252, 2016. PMID: 27673041.
- Shin KY, Nelson B, Gupta E. Inpatient Falls at a Tertiary National Cancer Center, Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer. Support Care Cancer 24(Suppl 1):S233, 2016. PMID: 27137212.
- Gupta E, Fu JB. Paraneoplastic Syndrome as a Cause of Polyradiculopathy in a Patient with Metastatic Rectal Adenocarcinoma, 2015 Association of Academic Physiatrists Annual Meeting. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 94(3 Suppl 1), 2015. PMID: 25679295.
- Gupta E, Bloodworth D, Harrell J. Intramuscular Hematoma as a Cause of Loss of Range of Motion after Trauma: A Case Report, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Annual Meeting. PM&R 6(9 Suppl):276, 2014.
- Dhah S, Frando M, Gupta E, Swearingen A, Thakur S. Implementing a Secure Online Physician Sign-out Tool: Can Technology Influence Behavior and Improve Accuracy? American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Annual Meeting. PM&R 6(9):S388, 2014.
- Gupta E, Zeider R, Frando M, Mega B, Dhah S. Improving Resident Sign-out with a Secure Online System, Association of Academic Physiatrists Annual Meeting. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 93(3 Suppl):a16, 2014. PMID: 24556996.
- Zhang C, Zhang X, Trynosky T, Molavi S, Gupta E, Villa-Prados A, Duvic M. LBH-589 inhibits NF-κB signaling pathway and synergizes with bexarotene to induce apoptosis in CTCL cell lines and patients' Sézary cells. J Invest Dermatol 129 Suppl 1(S42):252, 2009.