Meet Elizabeth Bloom, M.D.
About Dr. Bloom
Dr. Elizabeth Bloom is a Professor in the Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, and serves in the administrative role of Deputy Division Head, Clinical Integration, Division of Radiation Oncology. Her vision is to further integrate MD Anderson radiation oncology care across our multiple campuses, reaching more Texans with MD Anderson’s disease-site specific subspecialty oncology care. Dr. Bloom is board certified by the American Board of Radiology in Radiation Oncology. She has been elected by her physician peers to “Best Doctors in America” for Radiation Oncology each year since 2001. Dr. Bloom subspecializes in the treatment of breast cancer, with research interests in partial breast irradiation for early stage breast cancer and advanced radiation treatment planning for all stages of breast cancer to minimize potential long-term effects of treatment.
Deputy Division Head, Clinical Integration, Division of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|1990||Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL, USA, MD, Medicine|
|1988||Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA, BS, Medicine|
|1991-1995||Clinical Residency, Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|1995||American Board of Radiology|
Institutional Committee Activities
Panelist, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine Mentoring Committee, 2019 - 2019
Invited Leader, InFocus: LEADing Teams, 2018 - 2019
- Ludmir EB, Adlakha EK, Chun SG, Reed VK, Arzu IY, Ahmad N, Bloom E, Chronowski GM, Delclos ME, Mayo LL, Schlembach PJ, Liao Z, Koong AC, Herman JM, Shah SJ. Enhancing clinical trial enrollment at MD Anderson Cancer Center satellite community campuses. Acta Oncol 58(8):1135-1137, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 30958082.
- Ning MS, Dean MK, Taylor KA, et al.. Evaluation and Improvement of Bottlenecking in a Multidisciplinary Oncology Clinic: An Electronic Medical Record Intervention. Cureus 11(5):e4583, 2019. e-Pub 2019.
- Stecklein SR, Bloom ES. Reply to the Letter to the Editor "Regarding: Prospective Comparison of Toxicity and Cosmetic Outcome After Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation with Conformal External Beam Radiotherapy or Single-Entry Multilumen Intracavitary Brachytherapy". Pract Radiat Oncol 9(2):60, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 30709648.
- Stecklein SR, Shaitelman SF, Babiera GV, Bedrosian I, Black DM, Ballo MT, Arzu I, Strom EA, Reed VK, Dvorak T, Smith BD, Woodward WA, Hoffman KE, Schlembach PJ, Kirsner SM, Nelson CL, Yang J, Guerra W, Dibaj S, Bloom ES. Prospective Comparison of Toxicity and Cosmetic Outcome After Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation with Conformal External Beam Radiotherapy or Single-Entry Multilumen Intracavitary Brachytherapy. Pract Radiat Oncol 9(1):e4-e13, 2019. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30125673.
- Shaitelman SF, Lin HY, Smith BD, Shen Y, Bedrosian I, Marsh GD, Bloom ES, Vicini FA, Buchholz TA, Babiera GV. Practical Implications of the Publication of Consensus Guidelines by the American Society for Radiation Oncology: Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation and the National Cancer Data Base. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 94(2):338-48, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26853342.
- Reddy JP, Dawood S, Mitchell M, Debeb BG, Bloom E, Gonzalez-Angulo AM, Sulman EP, Buchholz TA, Woodward WA. Antiepileptic drug use improves overall survival in breast cancer patients with brain metastases in the setting of whole brain radiotherapy. Radiother Oncol 117(2):308-14, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26482599.
- Robinson RC, Nelson CL, Bloom ES, Kisling KD, Mason BE, Fisher GD, Kirsner SM. Contralateral breast dose from partial breast brachytherapy. J Appl Clin Med Phys 16(6):5296, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26699549.
- Ballo MT, Chronowski GM, Schlembach PJ, Bloom ES, Arzu IY, Kuban DA. Prospective peer review quality assurance for outpatient radiation therapy. Pract Radiat Oncol 4(5):279-84, 2014. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 25194094.
- Haynes AB, Bloom ES, Bedrosian I, Kuerer HM, Hwang RF, Munsell MF, Chemaly RF, Graviss LS, Caudle AS, Hunt KK, Tereffe W, Shaitelman SF, Babiera GV. Timing of Infectious Complications Following Breast-Conserving Therapy with Catheter-Based Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation. Ann Surg Oncol 21(8):2512-6, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24736987.
- Shaitelman SF, Khan AJ, Woodward WA, Arthur DW, Cuttino LW, Bloom ES, Shah C, Freedman GM, Wilkinson JB, Babiera GV, Julian TB, Vicini FA. Shortened radiation therapy schedules for early-stage breast cancer: a review of hypofractionated whole-breast irradiation and accelerated partial breast irradiation. Breast J 20(2):131-46, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24479632.
- Gifford KA, Pacha O, Hebert AA, Nelson CL, Kirsner SM, Ballo MT, Bloom ES. A new paradigm for calculating skin dose. Brachytherapy 12(2):114-9, 2013. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22884255.
- Gifford KA, Nelson CL, Kirsner SM, Kisling KD, Ballo MT, Bloom ES. On the feasibility of treating to a 1.5 cm PTV with a commercial single-entry hybrid applicator in APBI breast brachytherapy. J Contemp Brachytherapy 4(1):29-33, 2012. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 23346137.
- Bloom ES, Kirsner S, Mason BE, Nelson CL, Hunt KK, Baumann DP, Gifford KA. Accelerated partial breast irradiation using the strut-adjusted volume implant single-entry hybrid catheter in brachytherapy for breast cancer in the setting of breast augmentation. Brachytherapy 10(3):178-83, 2011. e-Pub 2010. PMID: 20719576.
- Garg AK, Bloom ES. Transitioning breast cancer care from the academic to the community setting. Breast Diseases 22(2):118-121, 2011.
- Stroh EL, Besa PC, Cox JD, Fuller LM, Cabanillas FF. Treatment of patients with lymphomas of the uterus or cervix with combination chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Cancer 75(9):2392-9, 1995. PMID: 7712450.
- Hoover S, Bloom E, Patel S. Review of Breast Conservation Therapy: Then and Now. ISRN Oncol 2011:617593, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 22229101.
- Bloom ES. Commentary, Local control with conventional and hypofractionated adjuvant radiotherapy after breast-conserving surgery for ductal carcinoma in-situ. Breast Diseases: A Year Book Quarterly 22(1):81, 2011.
- Bloom ES. Commentary, Improvements in Critical Dosimetric Endpoints Using the Contura Multilumen Balloon Breast Brachytherapy Catheter to Deliver Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation: Preliminary Dosimetric Findings of a Phase IV Trial. Breast Diseases: A Year Book Quarterly 22(2):188-189, 2011.
- Bloom ES. Commentary, Update on DCIS Outcomes from the American Society of Breast Surgeons Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation Registry Trial. Breast Diseases: A Year Book Quarterly 22(3):280-281, 2011.
- Bloom ES, Buchholz TA. Whole Breast Radiotherapy. In: Breast Surgical Techniques and Interdisciplinary Management. Springer, 2011.
- Bloom ES, Poortmans P, Buchholz TA, Anar M, Strom EA. Breast Cancer: Intact and Post Mastectomy. In: Technical Basis of Radiation Therapy, Practical Clinical Applications. 5th. Springer, 2011.
|Title:||A Combination Therapy to Treat Cancer-Related Fatigue|