Meet Emily Nia, M.D.
Emily S Nia, M.D.
Department of Breast Imaging, Division of Diagnostic Imaging
Radiology resident and breast imaging fellow education
Outcomes analyses in clinical breast imaging, especially in patients diagnosed with ductal carcinoma insitu
Education & Training
|2011||The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, USA, MD, Medicine|
|2007||The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA, BA, Nutritional Science|
|2018||The American Board of Radiology|
Experience & Service
Assistant Professor, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2018 - 2019
- Eshghi N, Garland LL, Nia E, Betancourt R, Krupinski E, Kuo PH. 18F-FDG PET/CT can predict development of thyroiditis due to immunotherapy for lung cancer. J Nucl Med Technol 46(3):260-264, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29599403.
- Nia BB, Nia ES, Avery RJ, Kuo PH, Hennemeyer CT. Punctate radiation dermatitis of the foot and ankle caused by distal embolization of 90Y microspheres during liver directed therapy. Clin Nucl Med 42(9):e422-e423, 2017. PMID: 28682846.
- Nia ES, Garland LL, Eshghi N, Nia BB, Avery RJ, Kuo PH. Incidence of brain metastases on follow-up 18F-FDG PET/CT scans of non-small cell lung cancer patients: Should we include the brain?. J Nucl Med Technol 45(3):193-197, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28705927.
- Kaur M, Nia ES, Millus R, Sudano D, Lisse J. Successful treatment of neuro-Behçet’s disease with infliximab: Four years follow-up. Rheumatology Reports 7(1):14-16, 2015.
- Kaur M, Walker C, Nia ES, Lisse JR.. Staphylococcus aureus sternal osteomyelitis: A rare cause of chest pain. Southwest J Pulm Crit Care 11(4):167-70, 2015.
- Nia BB, Nia ES, Osondu N, Galgiani JN, Kuo PH. Tip of the iceberg: F-FDG PET/CT diagnoses extensively disseminated coccidioidomycosis with cutaneous lesions. Southwest J Pulm Crit Care 15(1):28-31, 2015.