About Erica L. Taylor
Dr. Taylor obtained her Bachelors of Science in Biology at Northeastern University, her Master’s in Public Health from The University of Texas Health Science Center Houston and her Medical Degree at The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. She trained at Baylor College of Medicine where she completed her Psychiatric residency and fellowship in Consult-Liaison Psychiatry.
On completion of her fellowship training in 2020, Dr. Taylor accepted an appointment to the Department of Psychiatry at Baylor College of Medicine. During this time, she served as Co-Director of Consult-Liaison Psychiatry at The Michael E. DeBakey Veteran Affairs Hospital while also providing patient care as a clinical specialist at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center. She is board certified in General Psychiatry and Consult-Liaison Psychiatry. She is a member of the American Medical Association, American Consult Liaison-Psychiatry Association and the American Psychosocial Oncology Society.
In her current position as Assistant Professor at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, she maintains a focus on both inpatient and outpatient clinical care. Her research interests include prevention and treatment of catatonia and delirium as well as management of alcohol withdrawal in the acute care setting.
Present Title & Affiliation
Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, Division of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Education & Training
|2015||University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, USA, MD, Medicine|
|2015||University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, USA, MPH, Public Health|
|2021||American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Psychosomatic Medicine|
|2019||American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, General Psychiatry|
Experience & Service
Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, 2020 - 2022
Honors & Awards
|2021||Faculty Appreciation Award, Baylor College of Medicine Physician Assistant Program|
|2021||Faculty Education Award, Baylor College of Medicine|
|2016||Woman of Excellence Award, Baylor College of Medicine|
|2016||Resident Teaching Award, Baylor College of Medicine|
- Chen W, Sabharwal A, Taylor E, et al.. Privacy-preserving Social Ambiance Measures from Free-living Speech Associate with Chronic Depression and Psychosis. Front. Psychiatry, 2021.
- Wilson-Rich, N., Bonoan, R.E., Taylor, E. et al.. An improved method for testing invertebrate encapsulation response as shown in the honey bee. Insect. Soc, 2019.
Manuals, Teaching Aids, Other Teaching Publications
- . Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry Milestones Version 2. Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education and the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
- Taylor, E. The Role of the Hospital in the Care of the Mentally Ill. In: Kaplan and Sadock’s Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry. 11th. Oxford University Press: New York, NY.
- David, E and Taylor, E. Psychiatric Illness and Treatment in HIV Populations. In: ed. Fundamentals of HIV Medicine. 2021. Oxford University Press: New York, NY.