Meet Ethan Cohen, M.D.
About Dr. Cohen
Dr. Ethan Cohen graduated medical school from The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas in 2005. He subsequently completed a Transitional Year internship, a Diagnostic Radiology residency, and a Breast Imaging fellowship at the same institution. After graduation, Dr. Cohen served four years as the Director of Outpatient and Breast Imaging for Radiology Partners Houston, a private practice Radiology group covering multiple locations throughout the Memorial Hermann Health System in Houston, TX. He joined MD Anderson’s Breast Imaging section in September 2015 as an assistant professor and was promoted to associate professor in September 2021.
Associate Professor, Department of Breast Imaging, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Breast cancer screening, digital breast tomosynthesis, percutaneous breast biopsy and health equity.
Screening and diagnosis of breast cancer.
|2005||University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX, USA, MD, Medicine|
|2000||Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, USA, BS, Biology|
|2010-2011||Clinical Fellowship, Breast Imaging, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX|
|2006-2010||Clinical Residency, Diagnostic Radiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX|
|2005-2006||Transitional Internship, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX|
|2010||American Board of Radiology|
- Cohen EO, Perry RE, Tso HH, Phalak KA, Lesslie MD, Gerlach KE, Sun J, Srinivasan A, Leung JWT. Breast cancer screening in women with and without implants: Retrospective study comparing digital mammography to digital mammography combined with digital breast tomosynthesis. Eur Radiol 31(12):9499-9510, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 34014380.
- Weaver O, Cohen EO, Perry RE, Tso HH, Phalak K, Srinivasan A, Bassett R, Leung JWT. Does Lateral Arm Technique Decrease the Rate of Clip Migration in Stereotactic and Tomosynthesis-Guided Biopsies?. Insights Imaging 12(1):193, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 34931266.
- Shu H, Chiang T, Wei P, Do KA, Lesslie MD, Cohen EO, Srinivasan A, Moseley TW, Chang Sen LQ, Leung JWT, Dennison JB, Hanash SM, Weaver OO. A Deep-Learning Approach to Recreate Raw Full-Field Digital Mammograms for Breast Density and Texture Analysis. Radiol Artif Intell 3(4):e200097, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 34350403.
- Chalfant JS, Cohen EO, Leung JWT, Pittman SM, Kothari PD, Downey JR, Sohlich RE, Chong A, Grimm LJ, Hoyt AC, Ojeda-Fournier H, Joe BN, Trinh L, Rosen EL, Feig SA, Aminololama-Shakeri S, Ikeda DM. Adaptations of breast imaging centers to the COVID-19 pandemic: A survey of California and Texas. Journal of Breast Imaging 3(3):343-353, 2021.
- Chalfant JS, Pittman SM, Kothari PD, Chong A, Grimm LJ, Sohlich RE, Leung JWT, Downey JR, Cohen EO, Ojeda-Fournier H, Hoyt AC, Joe BN, Feig SA, Trinh L, Rosen EL, Aminololama-Shakeri S, Ikeda DM. Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on breast imaging education. Journal of Breast Imaging 3(3):354-362, 2021.
- Cohen EO, Lesslie MD, Weaver OO, Phalak KA, Tso HH, Perry RE, Leung JWT. Batch Reading and Interrupted Interpretation of Digital Screening Mammograms without and with Tomosynthesis. Journal of the American College of Radiology 18(2):280-293, 2021.
- Cohen EO, Weaver OO, Tso HH, Gerlach KE, Leung JWT. Breast cancer screening via digital mammography, synthetic mammography, and tomosynthesis. American Journal of Preventive Medicine 58(3):470-472, 2020. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31732323.
- Cohen EO, Tso H, Leung J.. Multiple bilateral circumscribed breast masses detected at imaging: review of evidence for management recommendations. American Journal of Roentgenology 214(2):276-281, 2020. PMID: 31825259.
- Cohen EO, Tso H, Phalak K, Mayo R, Leung J. Screening mammography findings from one standard projection only in the era of full-field digital mammography and digital breast tomosynthesis. American Journal of Roentgenology 211(2):445-451, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29792742.
- Hussein MAW, Coats DK, Muthialu A, Cohen EO, Wilhelmus KR, Paysse EA. Risk factors for treatment failure of anisometropic amblyopia. Journal of American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus 8(5):429-434, 2004.
- Cohen E, Leung J. Problem-solving magnetic resonance imaging for equivocal imaging findings and suspicious clinical symptoms of the breast. Magnetic Resonance Imaging Clinics 26(2):221-233, 2018. PMID: 29622127.