Associate Professor, Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition, Division of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2004||Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA, MD, Medicine|
|1998||Washington University, St. Louis, MO, USA, MA, Psychology|
|1993||Washington University, St. Louis, MO, USA, BA, Philosophy|
|2007-2010||Clinical Fellowship, Gastroenterology, Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, Scottsdale, AZ|
|2004-2007||Clinical Residency, Internal Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX|
|2007||American Board of Internal Medicine|
Assistant Professor, Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Division of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2010 - 2018
Research Assistant-Molecular Genetics, Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, 1999 - 2000
Associate Advertising Executive, Media Cross Inc, St. Louis, MO, 1998 - 1999
Teaching Assistant, Department of Department of Psychology, Washington University, St. Louis, MO, 1995 - 1995
Congressional Aide, U.S. House Committee on Banking, Finance & Urban Affairs, Washington, DC, 1993 - 1994
Institutional Committee Activities
Member, Clinical Effectiveness Subcommittee, 2012 - Present
|2004||Clinical Medicine, Annual Research Symposium - 1st Place, Baylor College of Medicine|
|2004||Clinical Science, James K. Alexander Research Symposium - Honorable Mention, Baylor College of Medicine|
- Torres HA, Kaseb A, Mahale P, Miller ED, Frenette C. Telaprevir-containing regimen for treatment of hepatitis C virus infection in patient with hepatocellular carcinoma waiting liver transplantation: a case series. Journal of Hepatocellular Carcinoma 1:109-114, 2014.
- Torres HA, Mahale P, Miller ED, Oo TH, Frenette C, Kaseb AO. Co-administration of telaprevir and transcatheter arterial chemoembolization in hepatitis C virus-associated hepatocellular carcinoma. World J Hepatol 5(6):332-5, 2013. PMID: 23805358.
- Islam S, Miller ED, Patel N, De Petris G, Highsmith EW, Fleischer DE. The use of DNA fingerprinting to resolve conflicting results in patients with suspected gastrointestinal malignancy. J Clin Gastroenterol 47(3):239-41, 2013. PMID: 23391868.
- Miller ED, Steidley DE, Arabia FA, Decker GA. Gastric erosion associated with left ventricular assist device: new technology, new complication. Gastrointest Endosc 70(1):181-3, 2009. e-Pub 2009. PMID: 19152894.
- Kramer JR, Davila JA, Miller ED, Richardson P, Giordano TP, El-Serag HB. The validity of viral hepatitis and chronic liver disease diagnoses in Veterans Affairs administrative databases. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 27(3):274-82, 2008. e-Pub 2007. PMID: 17996017.
- Wong WT, Myhr KL, Miller ED, Wong RO. Developmental changes in the neurotransmitter regulation of correlated spontaneous retinal activity. J Neurosci 20(1):351-60, 2000. PMID: 10627612.
- Miller ED, Tran MN, Wong GK, Oakley DM, Wong RO. Morphological differentiation of bipolar cells in the ferret retina. Vis Neurosci 16(6):1133-44, 1999. PMID: 10614593.
- Weston BR, Ross, WA, Lum P, Thirumurthi S, Miller ED, et al.. Adenoma Detection Rate (ADR) and Serrated Adenoma Detection Rate (SDR) During Screening Colonoscopy With and Without a Personal Cancer History (PCH) in a Tertiary Referral Cancer Center. Poster Presentation Fourth State of the Science Cancer Survivorship Research Symposium, 2016.
- Torres HA, Mahale P, Granwehr B, Miller ED, Borchardt R, Shukla B, Ericsson CD, RaadII. Transdisciplinary approach to managing HCV infection in patients at a tertiary care center. Infectious Diseases Society of America Accepted for poster presentation at the 2015 ID Week, 10/7-11/2015, San Diego CA, 2015.
- Weston BR, Ross WA, Lum P, Thirumurthi S, Miller ED, Bhutani MS, Blechacz B, Bresalier RS, Davila ML, Dekovich AA, Guha S, Lee JH, Lynch PM, Pande M, Asif R, Shafi MA, Shuttlesworth G, Stack RS, Mishra L, Stroehlein JR, Raju GS. Adenoma detection rate (ADR) and serrated adenoma detection rate (SDR) during screening colonoscopy with and without a personal cancer history (PCH) in a tertiary referral cancer center. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy-DDW Poster Presentation 79(5):AB202, 2014.
- Phillip Lum, Ross WA, Pande M, Lynch PM, Miller ED, et al. Measures to Improve Colonoscopy Quality Metrics. Poster DDW 2014 Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 79(5S):Sa1409, 2014.
- Thirumurthi S, Ross WA, Lum P, Miller ED, Weston BR, et al.. Adenoma Detection Rate & Sessile Serrated Adenoma Detection Rate Trends With Increasing Age: a Study Using a Natural Language Processing Computer Program. Poster DDW 2014. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 79(5S):Sa1412, AB203, 2014.
- Miller ED, Ross WA, Lum P, Thirumurthi S, Weston BR, Pande M, et al.. Screening Colonoscopy Quality Metrics for Males and Females Across Ethnic Groups Using a Natural Language Processing Algorithm. Poster DDW 2014. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 79(5S):Sa1409, 2014.
- Raju G, Ross WA, Lum P, Lynch PM, Slack RS, Miller ED et al.. Natural Language Processing (NLP) As an Alternative to Manual Reporting of Colonoscopy Quality Metrics. Oral Presentation DDW 2014. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 79(5S, 166,):AB116-AB117, 2014.
- Miller ED, Blechacz B, Herlong HF, Davila M, Torres HA. The effect of antiviral therapy on progression of liver disease in Hepatitis C Virus-infected patients with malignancies. The Liver Meeting AASLD's 64th Annual Meeting in Washington, DC, November 1 - November 5, 2013, 2013.
- Torres HA, Davila M, Mulanovich VE, Granwehr BP, Miller ED, Nevah MI, Mishra L, Kontoyiannis DP. Hepatitis C Clinic at a Comprehensive Cancer Center: The successful story of multidisciplinary efforts. Infectious Diseases Society of America Accepted for poster presentation at the 49th IDSA Annual Meeting, 10/20-23/2011, Boston MA, 2011.
- Miller ED, Steidley D, Arabia F, Das A, Crowell M, Leighton J, Decker A.. Gastrointestinal complications associated with left ventricular assist devices. Am J Gastroenterol(Suppl S):S521-2, 2008.
- Miller ED, Hampel H, Goodgame RW.. A novel mutation involving an insertion in exon 4 of the APC gene leading to an uncommon phenotype: A 62 year-old man with synchrounous colon cancers and 175 adenomas. Am J Gastroenterol Suppl 350, 2004.
- Miller ED, Wong GK, Oakley DM, Wong ROL.. Morphological and functional development of bipolar cells in the ferret retina. Soc for Neurosci 23:641, 1997.
- Miller ED. Five-Year Trends in Adenoma Detection Rates: A Report From A Single Academic Group Practice.
- Miller ED, Harrison MEH.. Gallstones, Gallbladder Polyps and Their Complications: Epidemiology, Pathogenesis, Diagnosis, and Management. In: Practical Gastroenterology and Hepatology. Oxford Blackwell: United States, 2010.
- Wong ROL, Miller ED, Wong WT, Shields CR, Cyhr KL.. Development changes in the spontaneous bursting patterns of On and Off ganglion cells. In: Development and Organization of the Retina: From Molecules to Function. Plenum Press: New York, 275-88, 1998.