|1983||Peking University Health Science Center (PUHSC), Beijing, CHN, BM, Medicine|
|2009-2010||Master Educator Fellowship, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL|
|2000-2003||Clinical Residency, Anesthesiology, Jackson Memorial Hospital, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL|
|1999-2000||Clinical Internship, General Surgery, Spectrum Health, State University of Michigan, Grand Rapids, MI|
|1997-1999||Research Fellowship, Harvard Medical School, Harvard Institutes of Medicine, Boston, MA|
|2004||American Board of Anesthesiologists|
Associate Professor, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, Division of Anesthesiology, Critical Care Medicine and Pain Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2012 - 2019
Assistant Professor, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, The University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL, 2004 - 2011
Guest Professor, Qingdao University Yantai Yuhuangding Hospital, Shangdong, 2014 - Present
Institutional Committee Activities
Member, Operating room efficacy improvement, the six-sigma program, 2015 - 2016
|2010||Outstanding Poster by a Professional Medical Educator, Medical Education Scholarship Awards by American Association of Medical College, AAMC)|
|2010||The Best Exhibit in Clinical Application, New York Post Graduate Assembly (PGA)|
|2009||Transition to Practice Teacher of the Year Award, The University of Florida College of Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology|
- Gang Zheng, Lei Feng, Carol M Lewis. A data review of airway management in patients with oral cavity or oropharyngeal cancer: a single-insitution experience. BMC Anesthesiology 19(92), 2019.
- Zheng G, Dong W, Lewis CM. General anesthesia imposes negative effects on heart rate and blood pressure regulation in patients with a history of head and neck radiation therapy. Anesthesia and Analgesia 125(6):2056-2062, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28961561.
- Fang L, Liu J, Yu CC, Hanasono MM, Zheng G, Yu P. Intraoperative use of vasopressors does not increase the risk of free flap compromise and failure in cancer patients. Annals of Surgery 268(2):279-384, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28489683.
- Zheng G, Zhao J. The current opinions in perioperative recovery. Chinese Journal of Anesthesiology 35(3):269-273, 2015.
- Soliz J, Lim J, Zheng G. Anesthetic management of a patient with sustained severe metabolic alkalosis and electrolyte abnormalities caused by ingestion of baking soda. Case Rep Anesthesiol 2014(930153):930153, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 25180100.
- Zheng G. Effects of heliox on respiratory management for a patient undergoing laparoscopic bariatric surgery. Jurnalul Roman de Anestezie Terapie Intensiva 20(1):17-22, 2013.
- Eyre RC, Zheng G, Kiessling A. Multiple drug resistance mutations in human immunodeficiency virus in semen but not blood of a man on antiretroviral therapy. The Journal of Urology 55(4):591, 2000. PMID: 10754183.
- Zheng, G. et al. Is the speed of trans-ear drum pressure gradient change matter to the level of pressure induced inner ear injuries? (Article in Chinese). Chinese Journal of Aviation Medicine 6(2):100-103, 1995.
- Zheng, G. Weidong Li. Hypobaric chamber induced hemorrhage in labyrinth of guinea pigs' inner ear resulting in otoliths detachment (Article in Chinese). Chinese Journal of Aviation Medicine 4(2):86-89, 1993.
- Zheng, G. et al. Establishing a chronic aviation otitis model in guinea pigs (Article in Chinese). Chinese Journal of Aviation Medicine 3(2):91-93, 1992.
- Zheng, G. Weidong Li. Investigation of succinate dehydrogenase activity in hair cells of guinea pigs' cochlea after hypobaric chamber induced aviation otitis (Article in Chinese). Chinese Journal of Otorhinolaryngology 26(4):221, 1991.
- Hui Zhang, Gang Zheng. Root Cause Analysis (RCA): An important tool for risk prevention. Preoperative Safety and Quality Assurance 3(2):109, 2019.
- Gang Zheng, Jin Zhao. Surgery of Head and Neck: Outside of ERAS ERA. Preoperative Safety and Quality Assurance 1(1):269-273, 2015.
- Vu C, Zheng G, Hagberg CA. Neck radiotherapy increases the risk of synocpe during awake airway management: A report of two cases. Head Neck & Spine Surgery 4(1):1-3, 2019.
- Zheng G Predicting difficult airway: What do we know and we do not know?. Manul of International Summit Forum on Airway and Respiratory Management Meeting, 2018.
- Zheng G, Chen CX, Huang N, Lewis CM The impacts of head and neck radiation therapy to airway managment: A case controlled review study. World Airway Managment Meeting book, 2015.
- Zheng G, Downs J, Noble J Continuous positive airway pressure and patients safety. Post Graduate Assembly meeting book, 2014.
- Zheng G 10-year experiences in airway managment for patients with oral cavity or oropharyngeal cancer with and without head and neck radiation. International Anesthesia Research Annual Meeting Book, 2014.
- Pricer CC, Moffett K, Landanski K, Zheng G, HermanM Pilot study on pre-surgery memory impairment and frequency o fpost-operative cognitive decline. Anesthesiology Annual Meeting, 2009.
- C Vu, VH Porche, G Zheng. The role of baroreflex dysfunction in airway management. Trends in Anaesthesia and Critical Care (Journal of EAMS) WAMM ePostOnline (2019), 2019.
- J Tan, J Ruize, G Zheng. The histopathologic characteristics of xanthoma disseminatum does not increase the risk of intubation or extubation. Trends in Anaesthesia and Critical Care (Journal of EAMS) WAMM ePostOnline (2019). e-Pub 2019.
- CC Yu, Z Li, TT Zheng, G Zheng. Tracheal tube exchanging with a color labelled bougie reduces excessive device movement. Trends in Anaesthesia and Critical Care (Journal of EAMS) WAMM ePostOnline (2019), 2019.
- Zheng, G, Liu, J, Yu, P. The length of surgery is associated with increasing flap complications. Anesthesiology Abstract Achieve (2018), 2019.
- J Lim, J Chiang, G Zheng. Applied high flow nasal oxygen for a high risk lung biopsy: A challanging case report. Trends in Anaesthesia and Critical Care (Journal of EAMS) WAMM ePostOnline (2019). e-Pub 2019.
- Zheng G, Feng L. Airway intubation in patients with oral cavity or oropharyngeal cancer. Anesthesiology Abstract Achive (2017), 2017.
- Vu C, Zheng G. The challenge of managing a patient with the combination of difficult airway, emergent delirium and combativeness. Anesthesiology Abstract Achive (2017), 2017.
- Zheng G, Dong W, Lewis CM. Anesthetics impose negative chronotripic effects on patients with HNRT. IARS Poster Achive (05/2017) IARS Poster Session (2017), 2017.
- Fang L, Hanasono M, Liu J, Zheng G, Yu P. Does intraoperative use of vasopressors increase the risk of flap thrombosis?. American Association of Plastic Surgeons, Plastic Surgery Research Council (AAPS) Mian Site AAPS Meeting Abstracts (2016), 2016.
- Zheng G, Chen CX, Huang N, Feng L, Lewis CM. The impacts of head and neck radiation therapy to airway management: A case controlled review study. World Airway Managment Meeting (WAMM) 2015 WAMM ePosterOnline (2015), 2015.
- Zheng G, Lewis CM, Dong W, Huang N, Rozner MA. The influences of head and neck radiation therapy on intraoperative hemodynamic responses: A 10 year data review. Anesthesiology Abstract Archive (2013), 2013.
- Zheng G, Gravenstein N, Lampotang S, Morey TE, Ben-david K. Comparison of respiratroy effects: heliox vs. air/oxygen mixture in laparoscopic bariatric surgery. Anesthesiology Abstract Archive (2010), 2010.
- Zheng G, Schwab W, Gravenstein N, Morey T, Lampotang S. Heliox as Carrier Gas for Isoflurane Wash-out. Anesthesiology Abstract Archive (2008), 2008.
- Gang Zheng. Airway Management in Special Situations. In: Hagberg: Perioperative Care of the Cancer Patient. 1st. Elsevier, 2022.
- Carin A. Hagberg, Gang Zheng, Pierre Diemunsch. Preanesthetic airway assessment. In: Core Topics in Airway Management. 3rd. Cambridge University Press: United Kingdom (UK), 2020.
- Gang Zheng. Anesthesia for Laryngeal Surgery. In: UpToDate. UpToDate, 2019.
- Zheng G, Hagberg C. Management of the airway in cancer patients. In: Oncologic Critical Care. 1st. Springer, Cham: Switzerland, 1557-1569, 2018.
- Wang X, Zheng G. ARDS. In: Analysis of Clinical Hot Spots in Anesthesia (In Chinese). 1st. Science Press: China, 2015.
- Lucas S, Zheng G, Gravenstein D. Extracorpeal Shock wave Therapy and Percutaneous Neophrolithotripsy. In: Anesthesia for Urological Surgical. 1st. Springer Publishing, 2014.
Letters to the Editor
- Zheng G, Gravenstein N. Warning: increased risk of surgical fire. Anesth Analg 108: 1713, 2009.