Associate Professor, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, Division of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|1983||Peking University Health Science Center (PUHSC), Beijing, CHN, BM, Medicine|
|2009-2010||Master Educator Fellowship, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL|
|2000-2003||Clinical Residency, Anesthesiology, Jackson Memorial Hospital, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL|
|1999-2000||Clinical Internship, General Surgery, Spectrum Health, State University of Michigan, Grand Rapids, MI|
|1997-1999||Research Fellowship, Harvard Medical School, Harvard Institutes of Medicine, Boston, MA|
|2004||American Board of Anesthesiologists|
Assistant Professor, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, The University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL, 2004 - 2011
Guest Professor, Qingdao University Yantai Yuhuangding Hospital, Shangdong, 2014 - Present
Institutional Committee Activities
Member, Operating room efficacy improvement, the six-sigma program, 2015 - 2016
|2010||Outstanding Poster by a Professional Medical Educator, Medical Education Scholarship Awards by American Association of Medical College, AAMC)|
|2010||The Best Exhibit in Clinical Application, New York Post Graduate Assembly (PGA)|
|2009||Transition to Practice Teacher of the Year Award, The University of Florida College of Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology|
- Zheng G, Zhao J. The current opinions in perioperative recovery. Chinese Journal of Anesthesiology 35(3):269-273, 2015.
- Soliz J, Lim J, Zheng G. Anesthetic management of a patient with sustained severe metabolic alkalosis and electrolyte abnormalities caused by ingestion of baking soda. Case Rep Anesthesiol 2014(930153):930153, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 25180100.
- Zheng G. Effects of heliox on respiratory management for a patient undergoing laparoscopic bariatric surgery. Jurnalul Roman de Anestezie Terapie Intensiva 20(1):17-22, 2013.
- Eyre RC, Zheng G, Kiessling A. Multiple drug resistance mutations in human immunodeficiency virus in semen but not blood of a man on antiretroviral therapy. The Journal of Urology 55(4):591, 2000. PMID: 10754183.
- Zheng, G. et al. Is the speed of trans-ear drum pressure gradient change matter to the level of pressure induced inner ear injuries? (Article in Chinese). Chinese Journal of Aviation Medicine 6(2):100-103, 1995.
- Zheng, G. Weidong Li. Hypobaric chamber induced hemorrhage in labyrinth of guinea pigs' inner ear resulting in otoliths detachment (Article in Chinese). Chinese Journal of Aviation Medicine 4(2):86-89, 1993.
- Zheng, G. et al. Establishing a chronic aviation otitis model in guinea pigs (Article in Chinese). Chinese Journal of Aviation Medicine 3(2):91-93, 1992.
- Zheng, G. Weidong Li. Investigation of succinate dehydrogenase activity in hair cells of guinea pigs' cochlea after hypobaric chamber induced aviation otitis (Article in Chinese). Chinese Journal of Otorhinolaryngology 26(4):221, 1991.
- Zheng G, Schwab W, Gravenstein N, Morey T, Lampotang S. Heliox as Carrier Gas for Isoflurane Wash-out. Anesthesiology Abstract Archive (2008), 2008.
- Wang X, Zheng G. ARDS. In: Analysis of Clinical Hot Spots in Anesthesia. 1st. Science Press: China, 2015.
- Lucas S, Zheng G, Gravenstein D. Extracorpeal Shock wave Therapy and Percutaneous Neophrolithotripsy. In: Anesthesia for Urological Surgical. 1st. Springer Publishing, 2014.
Letters to the Editor
- Zheng G, Gravenstein N. Warning: increased risk of surgical fire. Anesth Analg 108: 1713, 2009.