Assistant Professor, Department of Behavioral Science, Division of OVP, Cancer Prevention and Population Sciences, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2012||Case Western Reserve, Cleveland, OH, USA, PHD, Sociology|
|2001||University of Massachusetts, Boston, MA, USA, MA, Applied Sociology|
|1997||Hellenic College, Boston, MA, USA, BA, Human Development|
|2013-2015||Research Fellowship, UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
Psychosocial, Behavioral, and Health Services Research Committee (PBHSRC), UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2017 - 2018
Postdoctoral Fellow, UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2013 - 2015
Director, GRECC Methodology Center, VA Medical Center, Cleveland, OH, 2010 - 2012
Biostatistician, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, 2008 - 2013
Education Evaluator, VA Medical Center, Cleveland, OH, 2008 - 2010
Research Analyst, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, 2004 - 2007
Quality Assurance Analyst, Frictonless Commerce, Cambridge, MA, 1999 - 2002
Military or Other Governmental Service
Psychosocial Researcher/Evaluator, Hellenic Army, Greece, 2002 - 2004
- Cinciripini PM, Karam-Hage M, Kypriotakis G, Robinson JD, Rabius V, Beneventi D, Minnix JA, Blalock JA. Association of a Comprehensive Smoking Cessation Program With Smoking Abstinence Among Patients With Cancer. JAMA Netw Open 2(9):e1912251, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31560387.
- Stevens EM, Frank D, Codispoti M, Kypriotakis G, Cinciripini PM, Claiborne K, Deweese MM, Engelmann JM, Green CE, Karam-Hage M, Minnix JA, Ng J, Robinson JD, Tyndale RF, Vidrine DJ, Versace F. The Late positive potentials evoked by Cigarette-Related and emotional Images show no Gender Differences in Smokers. Sci Rep 9(1):3240, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 30824792.
- Kypriotakis G, Robinson JD, Green CE, Cinciripini PM. Patterns of Tobacco Product Use and Correlates Among Adults in the Population Assessment of Tobacco and Health (PATH) Study: A Latent Class Analysis. Nicotine Tob Res 20(suppl_1):S81-S87, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30125013.
- Karam-Hage M, Kypriotakis G, Robinson JD, Green CE, Mann G, Rabius V, Wippold R, Blalock JA, Mouhayar E, Tayar J, Chaftari P, Cinciripini PM. Improvement of Smoking Abstinence Rates With Increased Varenicline Dosage: A Propensity Score-Matched Analysis. J Clin Psychopharmacol 38(1):34-41, 2018. PMID: 29232312.
- Robinson JD, Kypriotakis G, Karam-Hage M, Green CE, Hatsukami DK, Cinciripini PM, Donny EC. Cigarette nicotine content as a moderator of the relationship between negative affect and smoking. Nicotine Tob Res 19(9):1080-1086, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28371900.
- Francis LE, Kypriotakis G, O'Toole EE, Rose JH. Cancer patient age and family caregiver bereavement outcomes. Support Care Cancer 24(9):3987-96, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27129838.
- Versace F, Kypriotakis G, Basen-Engquist K, Schembre SM. Heterogeneity in brain reactivity to pleasant and food cues: evidence of sign-tracking in humans. Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 11(4):604-11, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26609106.
- Kypriotakis G, Vidrine DJ, Francis LE, Rose JH. The longitudinal relationship between quality of life and survival in advanced stage cancer. Psychooncology 25(2):225-31, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25959260.
- Kypriotakis G, Deimling GT, Piccinin AM, Hofer SM. Correlated and Coupled Trajectories of Cancer-Related Worries and Depressive Symptoms among Long-Term Cancer Survivors. Behav Med 42(2):1-11, 2016. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 25085102.
- Buchberg MK, Gritz ER, Kypriotakis G, Arduino RC, Vidrine DJ. The Role of BMI Change on Smoking Abstinence in a Sample of HIV-Infected Smokers. AIDS Care 28(5):603-7, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26666313.
- Francis LE, Kypriotakis G, O’Toole E, Rose JH. Patient Age and Family Caregiver Bereavement Outcomes. Forthcoming in Supportive Care in Cancer, 2016. e-Pub 2016.
- Vidrine DJ, Kypriotakis G, Li L, Arduino RC, Fletcher FE, Tamí-Maury I, Gritz ER. Mediators of a smoking cessation intervention for persons living with HIV/AIDS. Drug Alcohol Depend 147:76-80, 2015. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 25542824.
- Francis LE, Kypriotakis G, O'Toole EE, Bowman KF, Rose JH. Grief and risk of depression in context: the emotional outcomes of bereaved cancer caregivers. Omega (Westport) 70(4):351-79, 2015. PMID: 26036059.
- Kohut RM, Minnillo BJ, Kypriotakis G, Abouassaly R, Zhu H. Changes in adjuvant therapy utilization in stage I seminoma: are they enough to prevent overtreatment?. Urology 84(6):1319-24, 2014. PMID: 25432823.
- Kypriotakis G, Francis LE, O'Toole E, Towe TP, Rose JH. Preferences for aggressive care in underserved populations with advanced-stage lung cancer: looking beyond race and resuscitation. Support Care Cancer 22(5):1251-9, 2014. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 24317850.
- Step MM, Kypriotakis GM, Rose JH. An Exploration of the relative influence of patient's age and cancer recurrence status on symptom distress, anxiety, and depression over time. J Psychosoc Oncol 31(2):168-90, 2013. PMID: 23514253.
- Jump RL, Olds DM, Seifi N, Kypriotakis G, Jury LA, Peron EP, Hirsch AA, Drawz PE, Watts B, Bonomo RA, Donskey CJ. Effective antimicrobial stewardship in a long-term care facility through an infectious disease consultation service: keeping a LID on antibiotic use. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 33(12):1185-92, 2012. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 23143354.
- Slomka J, Kypriotakis G, Atkinson J, Diamond PM, Williams ML, Vidrine DJ, Andrade R, Arduino R. Factors associated with past research participation among low-income persons living with HIV. AIDS Patient Care STDS 26(8):496-505, 2012. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22686261.
- Francis LE, Bowman KF, Kypriotakis G, Rose JH. Relationships and emotional wellbeing among African American and White advanced cancer caregivers. Patient Educ Couns 85(3):446-53, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21439755.
- Jump RL, Li Y, Pultz MJ, Kypriotakis G, Donskey CJ. Tigecycline exhibits inhibitory activity against Clostridium difficile in the colon of mice and does not promote growth or toxin production. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55(2):546-9, 2011. e-Pub 2010. PMID: 21135181.
- Kresevic D, Burant C, Denton J, Heath B, Kypriotakis G. The use of multimodal strategies for distance education in the GRECCs. Gerontol Geriatr Educ 32(1):54-79, 2011. PMID: 21347931.
- Francis LE, Worthington J, Kypriotakis G, Rose JH. Relationship quality and burden among caregivers for late-stage cancer patients. Support Care Cancer 18(11):1429-36, 2010. e-Pub 2009. PMID: 19898879.
- Bowman KF, Rose JH, Deimling GT, Kypriotakis G, O'Toole EE. Primary care physicians' involvement in the cancer care of older long-term survivors. J Aging Health 22(5):673-86, 2010. PMID: 20595104.
- Deimling GT, Arendt JA, Kypriotakis G , Bowman KF. Functioning of older, long-term cancer survivors: the role of cancer and comorbidities. J Am Geriatr Soc 57 Suppl 2:S289-92, 2009. PMID: 20122020.
- Rose JH, Kypriotakis G , Bowman KF, Einstadter D, O'Toole EE, Mechekano R, Dawson NV. Patterns of adaptation in patients living long term with advanced cancer. Cancer 115(18 Suppl):4298-310, 2009. PMID: 19731358.
- Kypriotakis G. Criminal histories and recidivism rates for different offense transitions and for two types of offenders. Discourse of Sociological Practice, 2001.
- Gibney KD, Kypriotakis G, Cinciripini PM, Robinson JD, Minnix JA, Versace F. Estimating statistical power for event-related potential studies using the late positive potential. Psychophysiology:e13482. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31608456.
- Santiago AM, Galster GC, Lucero JL, Ishler KJ, Lee EL, Kypriotakis G, Stack L Opportunity neighborhoods for Latino and African American children. U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Washington, D.C, 2014.
- Kypriotakis G. Addressing Heterogeneity in Syndemic Effects on Smoking Abstinence in Persons Living with HIV/AIDS. Society of Behavioral Medicine, 2014.
- Kypriotakis G. Neighborhood Environments and Childhood Obesity. 2013 Research ShowCASE, Case Western Reserve University, 2013.
- Kypriotakis G. Neighborhood risk and protective factors shaping child and adolescent behavior among Latino and African American youth. Research ShowCASE, Case Western Reserve University, 2013.
- Kypriotakis G. Neighborhood risk and protective factors shaping child and adolescent behavior. Society for Social Work and Research, 2013.
- Kypriotakis G. Estimating the effects of neighborhood on the physical health outcomes of Latino and African American youth. Association of Collegiate Schools of Planning, 2012.
- Kypriotakis G. Estimating the effects of neighborhood on the physical health outcomes of Latino and African American youth. Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management, 2012.
- Kypriotakis G. The Relationship Between Quality of Life and Death for Advanced Stage Cancer Patients. Gerontological Society of America, 2012.
- Kypriotakis G. Neighborhood Effects on the Educational Outcomes of African American Children. Society for the Study of Social Problems, 2012.
- Kypriotakis G. Well Being Trajectories among Patients Diagnosed with Advanced Stage Cancer. American Sociological Association, 2012.
- Kypriotakis G. Estimating the effects of neighborhood on the health outcomes of Latino and African American youth. European Network for Housing Research, 2012.
- Kypriotakis G. Psycho-Spiritual Heterogeneity in Long-Term Survivorship with Late-Stage Cancer. VA Medical Center, Cleveland, OH, 2012.
- Kypriotakis G. Neighborhood risk and protective factors influencing the birth outcomes of low income Latino and African American infants. Urban Affairs Association, 2012.
- Kypriotakis G. Identifying predictors of cancer related quality of life using Bayesian model averaging (BMA). International Conference on Health Policy Statistics, 2011.
- Kypriotakis G. Dealing with Model Uncertainty by Model Averaging. Health Services Research Seminars. Center for Health Care Research, 2011.
- Kypriotakis G. A Comparison of MA and YOs Depressive Mood Trajectories with Antecedents care and quality of life over time. Gerontological Society of America, 2010.
- Kypriotakis G. The Effects of Patients Trajectory of Psychosocial Well-Being on the Caregivers. American Sociological Association, 2010.
- Kypriotakis G. Issues in Longitudinal Analysis. Case Comprehensive Cancer Center, Cleveland, OH, 2010.
|Title:||Leveraging Integrated Data Systems (IDS) to examine the Role of Housing and Neighborhood Conditions on School Readiness and Early Literacy|
|Funding Source:||John T. and Catherine C. MacArthur Foundation|
|Title:||Understanding How Neighborhood Ecologies Inﬂuence Child Maltreatment: A Mixed-Methods Study|
|Title:||Using Deep Sequencing Technology to Study Genes & Behavioral Phenotypes Related to Smoking Cessation, Negative affect & Nicotine Withdrawal|
|Funding Source:||Cancer Prevention & Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT)|
|Title:||Gender differences in Standard Research E-Cigarette (SREC) product use, acceptability, reinforcement, and nicotine dependence symptoms|
|Title:||Glutamate receptor and kynurenine pathway functioning in the pathobiology of Gulf War Illness|
|Funding Source:||Department of Defense (DOD)|
|Title:||Evaluating Concomitant Use of Very Low Nicotine Content Cigarettes and E-Cigarettes Among Daily and Non-Daily Smokers on Abuse Liability|
|Funding Source:||Food and Drug Administration (FDA)|
|Title:||Behavioral mechanisms, prediction, and treatment of short term suicide risk,|
|Funding Source:||American Foundation of Suicide Prevention|
|Title:||Optimizing Effectiveness of Smoking Cessation Invention During LDCT screening for Lung Cancer|
|Title:||Predicting vulnerability to prescription opioid abuse using neuropsychological endophenotypes|
|Title:||Predicting vulnerability to prescription opioid abuse using neuropsychological endophenotypes|