About Dr. Raju
Dr. Gottumukkala Subba Raju is professor of the Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition. He holds the John Stroehlein Distinguished Professorship and leads the Charles Butt, H-E-B GI Cancer Prevention, Research, and Education Program. He also serves as the inaugural Editor-in-Chief of Video GIE, an official journal of the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. Dr. Raju is the recipient of the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy President's Award in 2019. Dr. Raju is developing a dedicated education program for Endoscopy Techs at the Coleman College for Health Sciences.
Dr. Raju graduated from the Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnum (MBBS) with distinction. He secured first rank in the all India competition examination to enter PGIMER, Chandigarh and GB Pant Hospital, Delhi University where he completed his internal medicine residency (MD) and gastroenterology fellowship (DM) respectively. Dr. Raju also served as clinical and research registrar in Dr. K.D.Bardhan’s unit under the Royal College of Physicians of UK Overseas Doctor Training Program; during this period he completed his membership exam of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP). He is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Gastroenterology in 1997,2007, and 2017 (top 10 decile).
Dr. Raju underwent training in this country at the Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, where he graduated as the best outgoing resident. After completing his gastroenterology fellowship at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Dr. Raju underwent therapeutic endoscopy training at Beth-Israel Deaconess Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston.
Dr. Raju assumed his first academic appointment at Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City and subsequently moved to the UTMB, Galveston, and joined the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston in 2009. He has continually risen through the academic ranks, achieving associate professor in 2001, promotion to professor in 2007 and endowed professor in 2015.
Dr. Raju is repeatedly listed in the Best Doctors, Top Doctors, and Super Doctors of America and is a Fellow of the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, & American College of Gastroenterology. Other accolades include Distinguished Service Award from the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, which is presented to someone who has made a long-term contribution to GI endoscopy in the areas of equipment research and development, and who has been a strong supporter of the educational and research mission of ASGE. Rated in the top 1% nationally on Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers & Systems measures related to patient care experience by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality / US Department of Health & Human Services.Dr. Raju's YouTube colonoscopy education channel shares colonoscopy techniques to prevent COLON CANCER PREVENTION through better detection and resection with over 700 videos and 1,000,000 views.
Dr. Raju is passionate about service - "Hands that serve are holier than lips that pray", Saibaba.
John Stroehlein Distinguished Professor of Gastroenterology, Department of Gastroenterology, Hepat,& Nutr, Division of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Editor-in-Chief, Video GIE, American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, Downers Grove, IL
An author of over 100 peer-reviewed publications, Dr. Raju is internationally recognized for his pioneering work on endoscopic closure of colon perforations and contributions to colonoscopy, adenoma detection, and endoscopic mucosal resection of large and complex colon polyps. His current clinical research efforts focus on improving the quality of colonoscopy screening and endoscopic resection and translational research efforts focus on collaboration with basic scientists to improve the understanding of genome and microbiome interaction in colorectal neoplasia.
Dr. Raju is a pioneer in video journalism and serves as the inaugural co-editor-in-chief of VideoGIE, an official journal for the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
Dr. Raju is a member of several professional organizations and has served on many national society committees.
Dr.Raju's team is interested in colon cancer prevention and endoscopic resection of colon polyps as an alternative to surgery.Endoscopic closure of colon perforations: This investigative work in the animal laboratory at the University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, formed the basis for clinical care of patients with large polyps who are at high risk for perforation. Endoscopic mucosal resection of colon polyps as an alternative to surgery: Our team is able to avoid surgery in 75% of patients with large and flat lesions that could not removed in a community practice. Invited to give the BJ Vakil Oration at the 1st World Conference on GI Endoscopy on February 18, 2017 by the President of World Endoscopy Organization, Nagi Reddy. Quality improvement in colonoscopy: Developed the Natural Language Processing Program as an alternative to manual method to measure quality of colonoscopy (recipient of the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center DOIM First Annual Quality Improvement Distinguished Paper Award) Past Research Profile: Publications for lookup. Future Research: Dr. Raju started two studies to understand the biology of subtle and flat precancerous lesions that are difficult to recognize and resect in collaboration with basic scientists and epidemiologists. A. Prospective Cohort Study of Endoscopic Resection of Large & Flat Lesions B. Serrated Lesions of the Colon
Dr. Raju’s clinical practice involves colon cancer screening and endoscopic resection of complex colon polyps as an alternative to surgery. As a clinician educator, he focuses on improving the quality of colonoscopy not only in his practice, but also aids in the education of his peers using a dedicate YouTube channel.
Endoscopic Mucosal Resection: Dr. Raju has resected over 400 large flat lesions between 2009 and 2014, with over 200 lesions referred from outside that would have required surgery. The bleeding rate is less than 5%, perforation rate less than 1%; and none required surgery for management of bleeding or perforation. The residual adenoma at 6 months was less than 3% (you could check his EMR experience and look up his outcomes ).
Colon cancer screening: Dr.Raju offers colon cancer screening, with a high adenoma detection rate (>50% in men; > 35% in women; you could look up the adenoma detection rates.)Dr. Raju's YouTube colonoscopy education channel shares colonoscopy techniques to prevent COLON CANCER PREVENTION through better detection and resection with over 700 videos and 1,000,000 views.
Dr. Raju's facebook education channel - Endoscopist -shares tips on endoscopy and colonoscopy.
|1992||Royal College of Physicians, London, GBR, MRCP, Medicine|
|1989||Delhi University, New Delhi, IND, DM, Gastroenterology|
|1986||PGIMER, Chandigarh, IND, MD, Internal Medicine|
|1982||Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam, IND, MBBS, Medicine|
|1997-1998||Interventional Endoscopy, Beth Israel & Deaconess Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA|
|1995-1997||GI Fellowship, University of Iowa, Iowa, IA|
|1993-1995||Internal Medicine Residency, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH|
|2007||Gastroenterology (ABIM) - Top 10 decile|
Professor, Department of Gastroenterology, Hepat,& Nutr, Division of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2009 - Present
Professor, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, 2006 - 2008
Associate Professor, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Galveston, TX, 2001 - 2006
Assistant Professor, The University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS, 1998 - 2001
GI Fellowship Site Director, Department of Gastroenterology, Hepat,& Nutr, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2011 - 2016
Director of Endoscopy, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Galveston, TX, 2001 - 2008
Director of Endoscopy, Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, KS, 1998 - 2001
Institutional Committee Activities
Member, a member of the Endowed Positions and Awards Committee, 2019 - 2022
Steering Committee, Premalignant Genome Atlas Program, 2014 - Present
Chair, GHN Tissue Bank, 2013 - Present
Member, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center GME, 2011 - Present
|2019||American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy President's Award, American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy|
|2019||Helio Disruptive Innovators: Social Media Influencer Finalists, Helio Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases, , Annual Meeting of the American College of Gastroenterology, 2019, San Antonio|
|2018||Editor-in-Chief, Video GIE, an Official Journal of the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy|
|2018||2018 MD Anderson Top Performer -Top 1% Nationally on CAHPs, Rated in the top 1% nationally on CAHPS (Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers & Systems) measures related to patient care experience - Granting Institution: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality / US Department of Health & Human Services|
|2017||BJ Vakil Oration - First World Congress of GI Endoscopy, Hyderabad, India - Endoscopic Resection of Colon Polyps as an Alternative to Surgery, Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India and World Endoscopy Organization|
|2016||American College of Gastroenterology Edgar Achkar Visiting Professorship, American College of Gastroenterology|
|2016||Founding Co-Editor-in-Chief of Video GIE, an official journal of the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy|
|2016||American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy President's Recognition at the World Cup of Endoscopy, San Diego for service to the society & launch of a video journal for endoscopists|
|2016||H-E-B Gastrointestinal Cancer Prevention, Research, & Education Endowement, Donor: Mr. Charles Butt, H-E-B|
|2016||DOIM First Annual Quality Improvement Distinguished Paper Award, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center - Department of Internal Medicine|
|2016||Listed in Top Doctors of Houston, Compiled by industry specialist Castle Connolly, to identify America's Top Doctors located in the Houston area|
|2016||Nominee for the Provost's Distinguished Mentoring Awards, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2016||92nd Japanese Gastroenterological Endoscopy Society President's Invited Lecture at the Japanese Digestive Diseases Week, Kobe, Japan - "Video Journalism for Endoscopists"|
|2015||John Stroehlein Distinguished Professorship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2014||American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Distinguished Service Award|
|2014||President's Recognition for Faculty Excellence, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2013||Editor, Video GIE, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy|
|2013||Chair, ASGE Educational Products Committee, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy|
|2012||33rd Annual Telly Award for the Colorectal Cancer Screening: A Story of Choices. Patient Education Video, The Telly Awards|
|2012||King of the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy - EndoFest, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy|
|2012||Co-Director - ASGE Postgraduate Course at the Annual ACG Meeting, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy|
|2012||Super Doctors, SuperDoctors.com|
|2012||GOLD LEVEL AWARD in the Association TRENDS' 2012 All-Media Contest for the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Self Assessment Program (GESAP VII), the TRENDS ALL Media Contest|
|2011||Health and Science Communications Association Award -"Colonoscopy & Colon Cancer Prevention" Patient Education Video, National Health Information Awards Judges|
|2011||Who's Who in Medicine and Healthcare, Marquis|
|2011||National Health Information Award, National Health Information Award|
|2011||MarCom Award - Gold Level Award for the Online Learning Center of the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, Association of Marketing and Communications Professionals|
|2010||ASGE Audio-Visual Award for the production of an educational video "Endoscopic Management of GI Leaks", American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy|
|2010||Editor, CME Section of GIE (an official journal of the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy), American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy|
|2008||Alfa Omega Alfa Society, AOA of the University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX|
|2007||Fellow, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy|
|2007||Top Docs of America, Top Doctors of America|
|2006||Physician of the year honoree, Mardi Gras, Galveston, TX, Galveston, Texas|
|2005||Editor, CME Section of GIE (an official journal of the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy), American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy|
|2004||Best Doctors of America, Best Doctors of America|
|2004||Fellow, Royal College of Physicians, UK|
|2002||Fellow, American College of Gastroenterology|
|1993||Best Graduating Resident of the Year in Internal Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio|
|1981||Vemuri Shivaji Rao Gold Medal in Medicine, Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnum, India|
|1980||Ranked second in Eye & ENT among 150 medical students, Andhra University, Visakhapatnum, India|
|1980||Ranked first in Internal Medicine among 150 medical students, Andhra University, Visakhapatnum, India|
|1980||Ranked second in Final MBBS among 150 medical students, Andhra University, Visakhapatnum, India|
|1980||Sri Ramachandrula Hanumantha Rao & Rajya Lakshmi Merit Scholarship, Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnum, India|
|1980||Tatachari Gold Medal in Pathology, Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnum, India|
|1979||Ranked first in Second MBBS among 150 medical students, Andhra University, Visakhapatnum, India|
|1979||Ranked first in Microbiology among 150 medical students, Andhra University, Visakhapatnum, India|
|1979||Ranked first in Pathology among 150 medical students, Andhra University, Visakhapatnum, India|
|1976||Andhra Pradesh State Merit Scholarship- Top 1% of the candidates, Andhra Pradesh High School Board, Hyderabad, AP, India|
|1976||Ranked first in Organic Chemistry among 150 medical students, Nagarjuna University, Guntur, AP, India|
- Raju GS. Closure of Defects and Management of Complications. Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am 29(4):705-719, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31445692.
- Abu-Sbeih H, Chen E, Ahmed O, Mallepally N, Lum P, Qiao W, Lee HJ, Bresalier R, Wang LS, Weston B, Raju GS, Wang Y. Patients with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma Are at Risk of Adenomatous Colon Polyps. Dig Dis Sci 64(10):2965-2971, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31053975.
- Ge PS, Raju GS. Disruption in colonic polypectomy: rocking the trend. Endoscopy 51(9):816-817, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31461772.
- Lee JH, Emelogu I, Kukreja K, Ali FS, Nogueras-Gonzalez G, Lum P, Coronel E, Ross W, Raju GS, Lynch P, Thirumurthi S, Stroehlein J, Wang Y, You YN, Weston B. Safety and efficacy of metal stents for malignant colonic obstruction in patients treated with bevacizumab. Gastrointest Endosc 90(1):116-124, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 30797835.
- Abu-Sbeih H, Ali FS, Ge PS, Barcenas CH, Lum P, Qiao W, Bresalier RS, Bhutani MS, Raju GS, Wang Y. Patients with breast cancer may be at higher risk of colorectal neoplasia. Ann Gastroenterol 32(4):400-406, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31263363.
- Abu-Sbeih H, Ali FS, Coronel E, Chen HC, Wang X, Lum P, Shuttlesworth G, Bhutani MS, Raju GS, Lee JH, Stroehlein JR, Ross WA, Wang Y. Safety of endoscopy in cancer patients with thrombocytopenia and neutropenia. Gastrointest Endosc 89(5):937-949.e2, 2019. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30550744.
- Raju G, Lum P, Ross W, Thirumurthi S, Miller E, Lynch P, Lee J, Bhutani MS, Shafi MA, Weston B, Blechacz B, Chang GJ, Hagan K, Rashid A, Davila M, Stroehlein J. Quality of endoscopy reporting at index colonoscopy significantly impacts outcome of subsequent EMR in patients with > 20?mm colon polyps. Endosc Int Open 7(3):E361-E366, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 30834295.
- Cassani LS, Chouhan J, Chan C, Lanke G, Chen HC, Wang X, Weston B, Ross WA, Raju GS, Lee JH. Biliary Decompression in Perihilar Cholangiocarcinoma Improves Survival: A Single-Center Retrospective Analysis. Dig Dis Sci 64(2):561-569, 2019. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30238201.
- Choi K, Abu-Sbeih H, Samdani R, Nogueras Gonzalez G, Raju GS, Richards DM, Gao J, Subudhi S, Stroehlein J, Wang Y. Can Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Induce Microscopic Colitis or a Brand New Entity?. Inflamm Bowel Dis 25(2):385-393, 2019. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30169584.
- Wang Y, Wiesnoski DH, Helmink BA, Gopalakrishnan V, Choi K, DuPont HL, Jiang ZD, Abu-Sbeih H, Sanchez CA, Chang CC, Parra ER, Francisco-Cruz A, Raju GS, Stroehlein JR, Campbell MT, Gao J, Subudhi SK, Maru DM, Blando JM, Lazar AJ, Allison JP, Sharma P, Tetzlaff MT, Wargo JA, Jenq RR. Author Correction: Fecal microbiota transplantation for refractory immune checkpoint inhibitor-associated colitis. Nat Med 25(1):188, 2019. PMID: 30479380.
- Abu-Sbeih H, Ali FS, Luo W, Qiao W, Raju GS, Wang Y. Importance of endoscopic and histological evaluation in the management of immune checkpoint inhibitor-induced colitis. J Immunother Cancer 6(1):95, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30253811.
- Lin SH, Raju GS, Huff C, Ye Y, Gu J, Chen JS, Hildebrandt MAT, Liang H, Menter DG, Morris J, Hawk E, Stroehlein JR, Futreal A, Kopetz S, Mishra L, Wu X. The somatic mutation landscape of premalignant colorectal adenoma. Gut 67(7):1299-1305, 2018. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28607096.
- Wang Y, Abu-Sbeih H, Mao E, Ali N, Qiao W, Trinh VA, Zobniw C, Johnson DH, Samdani R, Lum P, Shuttlesworth G, Blechacz B, Bresalier R, Miller E, Thirumurthi S, Richards D, Raju G, Stroehlein J, Diab A. Endoscopic and Histologic Features of Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor-Related Colitis. Inflamm Bowel Dis 24(8):1695-1705, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29718308.
- Wang Y, Abu-Sbeih H, Mao E, Ali N, Ali FS, Qiao W, Lum P, Raju G, Shuttlesworth G, Stroehlein J, Diab A. Immune-checkpoint inhibitor-induced diarrhea and colitis in patients with advanced malignancies: retrospective review at MD Anderson. J Immunother Cancer 6(1):37, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29747688.
- Hoffman AS, Lowenstein LM, Kamath GR, Housten AJ, Leal VB, Linder SK, Jibaja-Weiss ML, Raju GS, Volk RJ. An entertainment-education colorectal cancer screening decision aid for African American patients: A randomized controlled trial. Cancer 123(8):1401-1408, 2017. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 28001305.
- Thirumurthi S, Raju GS, Pande M, Ruiz J, Carlson R, Hagan KB, Lee JH, Ross WA. Does deep sedation with propofol affect adenoma detection rates in average risk screening colonoscopy exams?. World J Gastrointest Endosc 9(4):177-182, 2017. PMID: 28465784.
- Raju GS, Lum PJ, Ross WA, Thirumurthi S, Miller E, Lynch PM, Lee JH, Bhutani MS, Shafi MA, Weston BR, Pande M, Bresalier RS, Rashid A, Mishra L, Davila ML, Stroehlein JR. Outcome of EMR as an alternative to surgery in patients with complex colon polyps. Gastrointest Endosc 84(2):315-25, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 26859866.
- Lynch PM, Morris JS, Wen S, Advani SM, Ross W, Chang GJ, Rodriguez-Bigas M, Raju GS, Ricciardiello L, Iwama T, Rossi BM, Pellise M, Stoffel E, Wise PE, Bertario L, Saunders B, Burt R, Belluzzi A, Ahnen D, Matsubara N, Bülow S, Jespersen N, Clark SK, Erdman SH, Markowitz AJ, Bernstein I, De Haas N, Syngal S, Moeslein G. A proposed staging system and stage-specific interventions for familial adenomatous polyposis. Gastrointest Endosc 84(1):115-125.e4, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 26769407.
- Ertem F, Dashwood WM, Rajendran P, Raju G, Rashid A, Dashwood R. Development of a murine colonoscopic polypectomy model (with videos). Gastrointest Endosc 83(6):1272-6, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26658879.
- Law R, Das A, Gregory D, Komanduri S, Muthusamy R, Rastogi A, Vargo J, Wallace MB, Raju GS, Mounzer R, Klapman J, Shah J, Watson R, Wilson R, Edmundowicz SA, Wani S. Endoscopic resection is cost-effective compared with laparoscopic resection in the management of complex colon polyps: an economic analysis. Gastrointest Endosc 83(6):1248-57, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26608129.
- Rao AK, Soetikno R, Raju GS, Lum P, Rouse RV, Sato T, Titzer-Schwarzl D, Aisenberg J, Kaltenbach T. Large Sessile Serrated Polyps Can Be Safely and Effectively Removed by Endoscopic Mucosal Resection. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 14(4):568-74, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26499926.
- Cassani LS, Raju GS. Techniques for management of bleeding associated with colonic endoscopic mucosal resection. Gastrointest Endosc 83(2):469-70, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26341854.
- Chen J, Raju GS, Jogunoori W, Menon V, Majumdar A, Chen JS, Gi YJ, Jeong YS, Phan L, Belkin M, Gu S, Kundra S, Mistry NA, Zhang J, Su X, Li S, Lin SH, Javle M, McMurray JS, Rahlfs TF, Mishra B, White J, Rashid A, Beauchemin N, Weston BR, Shafi MA, Stroehlein JR, Davila M, Akbani R, Weinstein JN, Wu X, Mishra L. Mutational Profiles Reveal an Aberrant TGF-β-CEA Regulated Pathway in Colon Adenomas. PLoS One 11(4):e0153933, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27100181.
- Daniel CR, Shu X, Ye Y, Gu J, Raju GS, Kopetz S, Wu X. Severe obesity prior to diagnosis limits survival in colorectal cancer patients evaluated at a large cancer centre. Br J Cancer 114(1):103-9, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26679375.
- Tang SJ, Raju G. Endoscopic photography and image documentation. Gastrointest Endosc 82(5):925-31, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26142557.
- Raju GS, Lum PJ, Slack RS, Thirumurthi S, Lynch PM, Miller E, Weston BR, Davila ML, Bhutani MS, Shafi MA, Bresalier RS, Dekovich AA, Lee JH, Guha S, Pande M, Blechacz B, Rashid A, Routbort M, Shuttlesworth G, Mishra L, Stroehlein JR, Ross WA. Natural Language Processing as an Alternative to Manual Reporting of Colonoscopy Quality Metrics. Gastrointest Endosc 82(3):512-9, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25910665.
- Ross WA, Thirumurthi S, Lynch PM, Rashid A, Pande M, Shafi MA, Lee JH, Raju GS. Detection rates of premalignant polyps during screening colonoscopy: Time to revise quality standards?. Gastrointest Endosc 81(3):567-74, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25583558.
- Didwaniya N, Reddy A, Gottumukkala RS, Bruera E. What is your gut feeling about opioid rotation?. J Clin Oncol 33(3):e11-2, 2015. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24590650.
- Haito-Chavez Y, Law JK, Kratt T, Arezzo A, Verra M, Morino M, Sharaiha RZ, Poley JW, Kahaleh M, Thompson CC, Ryan MB, Choksi N, Elmunzer BJ, Gosain S, Goldberg EM, Modayil RJ, Stavropoulos SN, Schembre DB, DiMaio CJ, Chandrasekhara V, Hasan MK, Varadarajulu S, Hawes R, Gomez V, Woodward TA, Rubel-Cohen S, Fluxa F, Vleggaar FP, Akshintala VS, Raju GS, Khashab MA. International multicenter experience with an over-the-scope clipping device for endoscopic management of GI defects (with video). Gastrointest Endosc 80(4):610-22, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24908191.
- Raju GS. Endoscopic clip closure of gastrointestinal perforations, fistulae, and leaks. Dig Endosc 26 Suppl 1:95-104, 2014. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 24373001.
- Eisen G, Raju GS, Baron T. VideoGIE - launch!. Gastrointest Endosc 78(2):225, 2013. PMID: 23867372.
- Lee JH, Krishna SG, Singh A, Ladha HS, Slack RS, Ramireddy S, Raju GS, Davila M, Ross WA. Comparison of the utility of covered metal stents versus uncovered metal stents in the management of malignant biliary strictures in 749 patients. Gastrointest Endosc 78(2):312-24, 2013. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 23591331.
- Wang W, Shpaner A, Krishna SG, Ross WA, Bhutani MS, Tamm EP, Raju GS, Xiao L, Wolff RA, Fleming JB, Lee JH. Use of EUS-FNA in diagnosing pancreatic neoplasm without a definitive mass on CT. Gastrointest Endosc 78(1):73-80, 2013. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 23523302.
- Raju GS, Vadyala V, Slack R, Krishna SG, Ross WA, Lynch PM, Bresalier RS, Hawk E, Stroehlein JR. Adenoma detection in patients undergoing a comprehensive colonoscopy screening. Cancer Med 2(3):391-402, 2013. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 23930215.
- Gomez-Esquivel R, Raju GS. Endoscopic closure of acute esophageal perforations. Curr Gastroenterol Rep 15(5):321, 2013. PMID: 23558969.
- Atiq M, Bhutani MS, Ross WA, Raju GS, Gong Y, Tamm EP, Javle M, Wang X, Lee JH. Role of endoscopic ultrasonography in evaluation of metastatic lesions to the pancreas: a tertiary cancer center experience. Pancreas 42(3):516-23, 2013. PMID: 23211369.
- Chen WC, Maru DM, Abraham SC, Tan D, Raju GS. Endoscopic clip tamponade of bleeding: a novel adjunct technique for endoscopic mucosal resection. Endoscopy 45 Suppl 2 UCTN:E104-5, 2013. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 23526499.
- Chen WC, Weston B, Krishna SG, Gomez G, Rashid A, Katz MH, Lee JE, Raju GS. Prolonged endoscopic loop ligation for removal of gastrointestinal tumors. Endoscopy 45 Suppl 2 UCTN:E69-70, 2013. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 23526523.
- Sodikoff JB, Keilin SA, Cai Q, Bharmal SJ, Lewis MM, Raju GS, Willingham FF. Mycophenolate mofetil for maintenance of remission in steroid-dependent autoimmune pancreatitis. World J Gastroenterol 18(18):2287-90, 2012. PMID: 22611324.
- Beck WC, Bhutani MS, Raju GS, Nealon WH. Surgical management of late sequelae in survivors of an episode of acute necrotizing pancreatitis. J Am Coll Surg 214(4):682-8; discussion 688-90, 2012. PMID: 22463910.
- Atiq M, Bhutani MS, Bektas M, Lee JE, Gong Y, Tamm EP, Shah CP, Ross WA, Yao J, Raju GS, Wang X, Lee JH. EUS-FNA for Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors: A Tertiary Cancer Center Experience. Dig Dis Sci 57(3):791-800, 2012. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21964743.
- Jaganmohan S, Lynch PM, Raju RP, Ross WA, Lee JE, Raju GS, Bhutani MS, Fleming JB, Lee JH. Endoscopic Management of Duodenal Adenomas in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis-A Single-Center Experience. Dig Dis Sci 57(3):732-7, 2012. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21960285.
- Atiq M, Gong Y, Raju GS, Lee JH. Pancreatic Endocrine Microadenomatosis in a Patient With Oculofaciocardiodental (OFCD) Syndrome. Pancreas 41(2):327-9, 2012. PMID: 22343980.
- Singal AK, Ross WA, Guturu P, Varadhachary GR, Javle M, Jaganmohan SR, Raju RP, Fleming JB, Raju GS, Kuo YF, Lee JH. Self-Expanding Metal Stents for Biliary Drainage in Patients with Resectable Pancreatic Cancer: Single-Center Experience with 79 Cases. Dig Dis Sci 56(12):3678-84, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21750930.
- Singh A, Kuo YF, Riall TS, Raju GS, Goodwin JS. Predictors of Colorectal Cancer Following a Negative Colonoscopy in the Medicare Population. Dig Dis Sci 56(11):3122-8, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21681506.
- Pinchuk IV, Beswick EJ, Saada JI, Boya G, Schmitt D, Raju GS, Brenmoehl J, Rogler G, Reyes VE, Powell DW. Human Colonic Myofibroblasts Promote Expansion of CD4+ CD25high Foxp3+ Regulatory T Cells. Gastroenterology 140(7):2019-30, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21376048.
- Raju RP, Jaganmohan SR, Ross WA, Davila ML, Javle M, Raju GS, Lee JH. Optimum Palliation of Inoperable Hilar Cholangiocarcinoma: Comparative Assessment of the Efficacy of Plastic and Self-Expanding Metal Stents. Dig Dis Sci 56(5):1557-64, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21222156.
- Park PO, Bergström M, Rothstein R, Swain P, Ahmed I, Gomez G, Raju GS. Endoscopic sutured closure of a gastric natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery access gastrotomy compared with open surgical closure in a porcine model. A randomized, multicenter controlled trial. Endoscopy 42(4):311-7, 2010. e-Pub 2010. PMID: 20200808.
- Malhotra A, Guturu P, Basim MS, Raju GS. A rare case of breast cancer metastasis presenting as linitis plastica of the stomach and colon (with videos). Gastrointest Endosc 70(3):552-3; discussion 553, 2009. PMID: 19699983.
- Raju GS, Malhotra A, Ahmed I. Colonoscopic full-thickness resection of the colon in a porcine model as a prelude to endoscopic surgery of difficult colon polyps: a novel technique (with videos). Gastrointest Endosc 70(1):159-65, 2009. PMID: 19559838.
- Nealon WH, Bhutani M, Riall TS, Raju G, Ozkan O, Neilan R. A unifying concept: pancreatic ductal anatomy both predicts and determines the major complications resulting from pancreatitis. J Am Coll Surg 208(5):790-9; discussion 799-801, 2009. PMID: 19476839.
- Raju GS, Fritscher-Ravens A, Rothstein RI, Swain P, Gelrud A, Ahmed I, Gomez G, Winny M, Sonnanstine T, Bergström M, Park PO. Endoscopic closure of colon perforation compared to surgery in a porcine model: a randomized controlled trial (with videos). Gastrointest Endosc 68(2):324-32, 2008. e-Pub 2008. PMID: 18561931.
- Mummadi RR, Groce JR, Raju GS, Gomez G. Endoscopic management of colocutaneous fistula in a morbidly obese woman (with video). Gastrointest Endosc 67(7):1207-8, 2008. e-Pub 2008. PMID: 18291390.
- Singh A, Alperin JB, Gomez GA, Loop K, Hudnall SD, Cass AR, Raju GS. Mucosal associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma of the colon presenting as autoimmune hemolytic anemia (with video). Gastrointest Endosc 67(7):1175-6; discussion 1176, 2008. e-Pub 2008. PMID: 18355818.
- Fan X, Scott L, Qiu S, Raju GS, Shabot M. Colonic coinfection of histoplasma and cytomegalovirus mimicking carcinoma in a patient with HIV/AIDS. Gastrointest Endosc 67:977-8, 2008.
- Pinchuk IV, Saada J1, Beswick EJ, Boya G, Qiu SM, Mifflin RC, Ragu GS. PD-1 Ligand Expression by Human Colonic Myofibroblasts/Fibroblasts Regulates CD4(+) T-Cell Activity. Gastroenterology 135(4):1228-1237, 1237.e1-2, 2008. e-Pub 2008. PMID: 18760278.
- Gomez V, Groce JR, Xaio SY, Bhutani MS, Raju GS. Band ligation resection of duodenal carcinoid (with video). Gastrointest Endosc 66(2):397; discussion 398, 2007. PMID: 17643721.
- Neilan RE, Groce JR, Jalil S, Raju GS. White bile (with video). Gastrointest Endosc 66(1):180-1; discussion 181, 2007. PMID: 17591495.
- Raju GS, Shibukawa G, Ahmed I, Brining D, Poussard A, Xiao SY, Coe J, Cropper M, Martin D, Hull J. Endoluminal suturing may overcome the limitations of clip closure of a gaping wide colon perforation (with videos). Gastrointest Endosc 65(6):906-11, 2007. e-Pub 2007. PMID: 17350009.
- Raju GS, Ahmed I, Shibukawa G, Poussard A, Brining D. Endoluminal clip closure of a circular full-thickness colon resection in a porcine model (with videos). Gastrointest Endosc 65(3):503-9, 2007. PMID: 17321256.
- Artifon EL, Sakai P, Ishioka S, Hondo FY Raju GS. Suprapapillary puncture of the common bile duct for selective biliary access: a novel technique (with videos). Gastrointest Endosc 65(1):124-31, 2007. PMID: 17185091.
- Ahmed I, Shibukawa G, Groce R, Pussard A, Brining D, Raju GS. Study of full-thickness endoluminal segmental resection of colon in a porcine colon model (with videos). Gastrointest Endosc 65(4):696-702, 2007. PMID: 17383466.
- Moparty B, Lograno R, Nealon WH, Wasman I, Raju GS, Pasricha PJ, Bhutani MS. The role of endoscopic ultrasound and endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration in distinguishing pancreatic cystic lesions. Diagn Cytopathol 35(1):18-25, 2007. e-Pub 2007. PMID: 17173300.
- Groce JR, Raju GS, Hewlett A, Zwischenberger JB. Endoscopic clip closure of a gastric staple-line dehiscence (with video). Gastrointest Endosc 65(2):321-322, 2007. e-Pub 2006. PMID: 17258993.
- Artifon EL, Sakai P, Cunha JE, Dupont A, Filho FM, Hondo FY, Ishioka S, Raju GS. Surgery or endoscopy for palliation of biliary obstruction due to metastatic pancreatic cancer. Am J Gastroenterol 101(9):2031-7, 2006. PMID: 16968509.
- Pham BV, Raju GS, Ahmed I, Brining D, Chung S, Cotton P, Gostout CJ, Hawes RH, Kalloo AN, Kantsevoy SV, Pasricha PJ. Immediate endoscopic closure of colon perforation by using a prototype endoscopic suturing device: feasibility and outcome in a porcine model (with video). Gastrointest Endosc 64(1):113-9, 2006. PMID: 16813815.
- Raju GS, Gomez G, Xiao SY, Ahmed I, Brining D, Bhutani MS, Kalloo AN, Pasricha PJ. Effect of a novel pancreatic stent design on short-term pancreatic injury in a canine model. Endoscopy 38(3):260-5, 2006. PMID: 16528653.
- Raju GS, Sud R, Elfert AA, Enaba M, Kalloo A, Pasricha PJ. Biliary drainage by using stents without a central lumen: a pilot study. Gastrointest Endosc 63(2):317-20, 2006. PMID: 16427942.
- Waxman I, Raju GS, Critchlow J, Antonioli DA, Spechler SJ. High-frequency probe ultrasonography has limited accuracy for detecting invasive adenocarcinoma in patients with Barrett's esophagus and high-grade dysplasia or intramucosal carcinoma: a case series. Am J Gastroenterol 101(8):1773-1779, 2006. e-Pub 2006. PMID: 16780561.
- Raju GS, Ahmed I, Xiao SY, Brining D, Poussard A, Tarcin O, Shibukawa G, Dawon K, Knight G, Tanguay R, Hull J. Controlled trial of immediate endoluminal closure of colon perforations in a porcine model by use of a novel clip device (with videos). Gastrointest Endosc 64(6):989-997, 2006. PMID: 17140911.
- Raju GS, Ahmed I, Brining D, Xiao SY. Endoluminal closure of large perforations of colon with clips in a porcine model (with video). Gastrointest Endosc 64(4):640-646, 2006. e-Pub 2006. PMID: 16996362.
- Raju GS, Gomez G. Endoloop ligation of a large colonic lipoma: a novel technique. Gastrointest Endosc 62(6):988-90, 2005. PMID: 16301055.
- Raju GS, Pham B, Xiao SY, Brining D, Ahmed I. A pilot study of endoscopic closure of colonic perforations with endoclips in a swine model. Gastrointest Endosc 62(5):791-5, 2005. PMID: 16246701.
- Moparty B, Raju GS. Role of hemoclips in a patient with cecal angiodysplasia at high risk of recurrent bleeding from antithrombotic therapy to maintain coronary stent patency: a case report. Gastrointest Endosc 62(3):468-9, 2005. PMID: 16111979.
- Raju GS, Ahmed I, Xiao SY, Brining D, Bhutani MS, Pasricha PJ. Graded esophageal mucosal ablation with cryotherapy, and the protective effects of submucosal saline. Endoscopy 37(6):523-6, 2005. PMID: 15933923.
- Raju GS, Pasricha PJ. ShapeLock: a rapid access port for redeployment of a colonoscope into the proximal colon to facilitate multiple polypectomies in a single session. Gastrointest Endosc 61(6):768-70, 2005. PMID: 15855992.
- Rex DK, Khashab M, Raju GS, Pasricha J, Kozarek R. Insertability and safety of a shape-locking device for colonoscopy. Am J Gastroenterol 100(4):817-20, 2005. PMID: 15784024.
- Raju GS, Faruqi S, Bhutani MS, Soloway R. Catheter probe EUS-assisted treatment with hemoclips of a colonic Dieulafoy's lesion with recurrent bleeding. Gastrointest Endosc 60(5):851-4, 2004. PMID: 15557977.
- Warneke RM, Walser E, Faruqi S, Jafri S, Bhutani MS, Raju GS. Cap-assisted endoclip placement for recurrent ulcer hemorrhage after repeatedly unsuccessful endoscopic treatment and angiographic embolization: case report. Gastrointest Endosc 60(2):309-12, 2004. PMID: 15278071.
- Raju GS, Rex DK, Kozarek RA, Ahmed I, Brining D, Pasricha PJ. A novel shape-locking guide for prevention of sigmoid looping during colonoscopy. Gastrointest Endosc 59(3):416-9, 2004. PMID: 14997146.
- Raju GS, Morris K, Boening S, Carpenter D, Gomez G. Capillary refilling sign demonstrated by capsule endoscopy. Gastrointest Endosc 58(6):936-7, 2003. PMID: 14652571.
- Faruqi S, Ahmed I, Membreno FE, Molina CP, Raju GS. Pinworms. Gastrointest Endosc 57(4):566, 2003. PMID: 12665774.
- Raju GS, Ahmed I, Daaboul B, Merati A. Endoscopic correction of a buried tracheo-esophageal prosthesis. Gastrointest Endosc 57(2):276-8, 2003. PMID: 12556807.
- Raju GS, Nath S, Zhao X, Jafri S, Gomez G, Luthra G. Duodenal diverticular hemostasis with hemoclip placement on the bleeding and feeder vessels: A case report. Gastrointest Endosc 57(1):116-7, 2003. PMID: 12518148.
- Raju GS, Olyaee M, Jafri SF, Hershberger J, May D. Stridor: a complication of PEG placement. Gastrointest Endosc 56(1):145-7, 2002. PMID: 12085057.
- Raju GS, Forster J, Sarosiek I, Rosenthal SJ, Lin Z, McCallum R. EUS guidance in gastric pacemaker implantation. Gastrointest Endosc 55(6):728-30, 2002. PMID: 11979260.
- Raju GS, Hershberger J, Crawford G, Girod D, Tsue T, Merati A. Laryngeal jack-assisted retrograde esophageal membranotomy through a gastrostomy. Gastrointest Endosc 53(2):239-41, 2001. PMID: 11174306.
- Daaboul B, Damjanov I, Pierce G, Raju GS. Traumatic cholecystitis. Gastrointest Endosc 52(4):525, 2000. PMID: 11023571.
- Smith MJ, Cherian P, Raju GS, Dawson BF, Mahon S, Bardhan KD. Bile acid malabsorption in persistent diarrhoea. J R Coll Physicians Lond 34(5):448-51, 2000. PMID: 11077656.
- Raju GS, Ahmed I, Bunting E, Tsue TT. A novel approach to radiation-induced post-cricoid esophageal stricture: the "Laryngeal Jack" to facilitate dilatation. Gastrointest Endosc 52(2):282-5, 2000. PMID: 10922113.
- Raju GS, Bardhan KD, Royston C, Beresford J. Giant gastric ulcer: its natural history and outcome in the H2RA era. Am J Gastroenterol 94(12):3478-86, 1999. PMID: 10606307.
- Raju GS, Bendixen BH, Khan J, Summers RW. Cerebrovascular accident during endoscopy: consider cerebral air embolism, a rapidly reversible event with hyperbaric oxygen therapy. Gastrointest Endosc 47(1):70-3, 1998. PMID: 9468427.
- Raju GS, Rao SS, Lu C. Pneumoperitoneum and ascites secondary to bacterial overgrowth. J Clin Gastroenterol 25(4):688-90, 1997. PMID: 9451689.
- Raju GS, Rao SSC, Lu C. Ascited and spontaneous pneumoperitoneum in bacterial overgrowth. J clin Gastroenterol(25):688-690, 1997.
- Raju GS, Bardhan KD, Royston C, Beresford J. The management of refractory gastric ulcer using H2-receptor antagonists. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 10(3):387-96, 1996. PMID: 8791968.
- Raju GS, Felver M, Olin JW, Satti SD. Thrombolysis for acute Budd-Chiari syndrome: case report and literature review. Am J Gastroenterol 91(6):1262-3, 1996. PMID: 8651186.
- Broor SL, Lahoti D, Bose PP, Ramesh GN, Raju GS, Kumar A. Benign esophageal strictures in children and adolescents: etiology, clinical profile, and results of endoscopic dilation. Gastrointest Endosc 43(5):474-7, 1996. PMID: 8726761.
- Raju GS, Felver M, Olin J, Satti D. Thrombolysis for acute Budd-Chiari syndrome: case report and review of literature. Am J of Gasteoenterol 91(1262-1263), 1996.
- Raju GS, Smith MJ, Morton D, Bardhan KD. Mini-dose (1-microCi) 14C-urea breath test for the detection of Helicobacter pylori. Am J Gastroenterol 89(7):1027-31, 1994. PMID: 8017360.
- Raju GS, Dawson B, Bardhan KD. Bile acid malabsorption associated with Graves' disease. J Clin Gastroenterol 19(1):54-6, 1994. PMID: 7930435.
- Raju GS, Bardhan KD, Taylor PC, Harvey L, Rigby CC, Manasewitz S. Atypical presentation of Crohn's disease: severe, recurrent iron deficiency anemia dependent on blood transfusions. Am J Gastroenterol 89(1):113-5, 1994. PMID: 8273777.
- Broor SL, Raju GS, Bose PP, Lahoti D, Ramesh GN, Kumar A, Sood GK. Long term results of endoscopic dilatation for corrosive oesophageal strictures. Gut 34(11):1498-501, 1993. PMID: 8244131.
- Ramesh GN, Malla N, Raju GS, Sehgal R, Ganguly NK, Mahajan RC, Dilawari JB. Epidemiological study of parasitic infestations in lower socio-economic group in Chandigarh (north India). Indian J Med Res 93:47-50, 1991. PMID: 2022402.
- Dilawari JB, Chawla YK, Raju GS, Kaur U, Bambery P. Splenoportovenography in portal hypertension: a safe outpatient procedure. Can Assoc Radiol J 41(3):146-8, 1990. PMID: 2354389.
- Broor SL, Thorat VK, Chari ST, Misra SP, Raju GS. Gastric acid response to modified sham feeding in patients with duodenal ulcer: is increased vagal tone the cause of basal acid hypersecretion?. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 5(2):116-20, 1990. PMID: 2103391.
- Misra SP, Mahapatra J, Raju GS, Sood G, Anand BS. Endoscopic sphincterotomy--experience with 110 patients. Indian J Gastroenterol 8(4):253-5, 1989. PMID: 2599564.
- Dilawari JB, Raju GS, Chawla YK. Development of large spleno-adreno-renal shunt after endoscopic sclerotherapy. Gastroenterology 97(2):421-6, 1989. PMID: 2787257.
- Raju GS, Broor S, Singh V, Mehta SK. Fulminant viral hepatitis-Indian experience. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 4(4):161-165, 1989. PMID: 2518791.
- Banerjee K, Sharma G, Upadhaya S, Anand BS, Raju GS, Khandekar PS. Detection of hepatitis B virus in blood samples negative for surface antigen by DNA probe hybridization. J Biosci(14):279-287, 1989.
- Dilawari JB, Raju GS, Chawla Y, Kataria S, Kataria RN. Endoscopic sphincterotomy in the management of choledocholithiasis. J Assoc Physicians India 35(3):221-2, 1987. PMID: 3611005.
- Jaganmohan S, Raju GS. Tissue ingrowth in a fully covered self-expandable metallic stent (with videos). Gastrointest Endosc 68(3):602-4. e-Pub 2008. PMID: 18331738.
- Long Y, Sanchez-Espiridion B, Lin M, White L, Mishra L, Raju GS, Kopetz S, Eng C, Hildebrandt MAT, Chang DW, Ye Y, Liang D, Wu X. Global and targeted serum metabolic profiling of colorectal cancer progression. Cancer. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28640361.
- Wang Y, Wiesnoski DH, Helmink BA, Gopalakrishnan V, Choi K, DuPont HL, Jiang ZD, Abu-Sbeih H, Sanchez CA, Chang CC, Parra ER, Francisco-Cruz A, Raju GS, Stroehlein JR, Campbell MT, Gao J, Subudhi SK, Maru DM, Blando JM, Allison JP, Sharma P, Tetzlaff MT, Wargo JA, Jenq RR. Fecal microbiota transplantation for refractory immune checkpoint inhibitor-associated colitis. Nat Med. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30420754.
- Thirumurthi S, Ross WA, Raju GS. Can Technology Improve the Quality of Colonoscopy?. Curr Gastroenterol Rep 18(7):38, 2016. PMID: 27255334.
- Hagan KB, Thirumurthi S, Gottumukkala R, Vargo J. Sedation in the Endoscopy Suite. Curr Treat Options Gastroenterol 14(2):194-209, 2016. PMID: 27000038.
- Thirumurthi S, Raju GS. How to deal with large colorectal polyps: snare, endoscopic mucosal resection, and endoscopic submucosal dissection; resect or refer?. Curr Opin Gastroenterol 32(1):26-31, 2016. PMID: 26627920.
- Daram SR, Tang SJ, Raju GS. A primer on endoscopic movie production (with videos). Gastrointest Endosc 75(1):161-4, 2012. PMID: 22196813.
- Raju GS. Gastrointestinal perforations: role of endoscopic closure. Curr Opin Gastroenterol 27(5):418-22, 2011. PMID: 21778877.
- Kim HN, Raju GS. Bowel preparation and colonoscopy technique to detect non-polypoid colorectal neoplasms. Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am 20(3):437-48, 2010. PMID: 20656242.
- Raju GS, Gerson L, Das A, Lewis B, Lewis B. American Gastroenterological Association (AGA) Institute medical position statement on obscure gastrointestinal bleeding. Gastroenterology 133(5):1694-6, 2007. PMID: 17983811.
- Raju GS, Kaltenbach T, Soetikno R. Endoscopic mechanical hemostasis of GI arterial bleeding (with videos). Gastrointest Endosc 66(4):774-85, 2007. PMID: 17905022.
- Raju GS, Gerson L, Das A, Lewis B. American Gastroenterological Association (AGA) Institute technical review on obscure gastrointestinal bleeding. Gastroenterology 133(5):1697-1717, 2007. PMID: 17983812.
- Raju GS. Endoscopic management of gastrointestinal leaks. Gastrointest Endoscopy Clin N Am 17:487-503, 2007.
- Raju GS, Thompson C, Zwischenberger JB. Emerging endoscopic options in the management of esophageal leaks (videos). Gastrointest Endosc 62(2):278-86, 2005. PMID: 16046996.
- Raju GS, Nath S. Capsule endoscopy. Curr Gastroenterol Rep 7(5):358-365, 2005. PMID: 16168233.
- Raju GS. Role of capsule endoscopy in the evaluation of obscure gastrointestinal bleeding. PGI Bulletin 39:101-105, 2005.
- Raju GS, Gajula L. Endoclips for GI endoscopy. Gastrointest Endosc 59(2):267-79, 2004. PMID: 14745407.
- Raju GS. Postoperative Bile Duct Strictures. Curr Treat Options Gastroenterol 5(2):113-121, 2002. PMID: 11879591.
- Waxman I, Saitoh Y, Raju GS, Watari J, Yokota K, Reeves AL, Kohgo Y. High-frequency probe EUS-assisted endoscopic mucosal resection: a therapeutic strategy for submucosal tumors of the GI tract. Gastrointest Endosc 55(1):44-9, 2002. PMID: 11756913.
- Raju GS, Waxman I. High-frequency US probe sonography-assisted endoscopic mucosal resection. Gastrointest Endosc 52(6 Suppl):S39-49, 2000. PMID: 11115947.
- Raju GS. Endoscopic closure of gastrointestinal leaks. Am J Gastroenterol 104(5):1315-20. e-Pub 2009. PMID: 19367272.
Manuals, Teaching Aids, Other Teaching Publications
- Raju GS & GESAP Committee. ASGE - Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Self Assessment Program VIII, 2015.
- Raju GS & GESAP Committee. ASGE - Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Self Assessment Program VII. American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy: Oakbrook, IL, 2012.
- Raju GS & GESAP Committee. ASGE - Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Self Assessment Program VI. American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy: Oakbrook, IL, 2009.
- Raju GS & GESAP Committee. ASGE - Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Self Assessment Program V. American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy: Oakbrook, IL, 2006.
- Mummadi R, Raju GS Is the histologic quality of polyps affected by the type of electrosurgical generator used in resection?. Nat Clin Pract Gastroenterol Hepatol 4(4):194-195, 2007. PMID: 17325723.
- Raju GS How good is stent therapy for esophagorespiratory fistula?. Gastroenterology 128(5):1518-9, 2005. PMID: 15887134.
- Vittal H, Raju GS Endoscopic bubble: Can it bust the obesity bubble?. Gastroenterology 129(3):1130-1132, 2005. PMID: 16143154.
- Raju GS Value of screening the laryngopharyngeal area during routine upper gastrointestinal endoscopy. Nat Clin Pract Gastroenterol Hepatol 2(1):22-23, 2005. PMID: 16265096.
- Raju GS Tissue glue for the endoscopist: healing by sealing. Gastroenterology 127(6):1852-3, 2004. PMID: 15578526.
- Gottumukkala SR Cutlery for the endoscopists--know your knife!. Gastroenterology 127(4):1264-6, 2004. PMID: 15481006.
- Raju GS Lessons from lightning and electrocution of the Barrett's esophagus. Gastroenterology 126(3):921-3, 2004. PMID: 14988848.
- Raju GS Prevention of post-ERCP pancreatitis - are there any pearls for SALE?. Gastroenterology 127(1):348-350, 2004. PMID: 15236209.
- Raju GS Hello, Mr. Clips--could you chip in please?. Gastroenterology 125(6):1896-7; discussion 1898, 2003. PMID: 14724845.
- Arantes V, Raju GS Combo cap takes a big bite, yet a smoothie to swallow. Gastroenterology 125(2):621-2, 2003. PMID: 12891570.
- Raju GS Endoscopic blockade to prevent resurfacing of esophageal varices. Gastroenterology 124(5):1545-6, 2003. PMID: 15534981.
- Raju GS Barraging the biliary tree. Gastroenterology 122(5):1533-5, 2002. PMID: 12008676.
- Raju GS, Yusuf T Fantastic voyage through the gut. Gastroenterology 122(3):828-30, 2002. PMID: 11875019.
- Thirumurthi S, Singhal S, Raju GS. Endoscopic Management of GI Endoscopic Mucosal Resection and Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection Perforations. In: Advanced Techniques for Endoscopic Resection in the GI Tract. 1st. Slack: Thorofare, NJ, 253-75, 2019.
- Thirumurthi S, Raju GS. Management of Polypectomy Complications. In: Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am. 2. Elsevier, 335-357, 2015.
- Thirumurthi S and Raju GS. Management of gastrointestinal EMR and ESD perforation: From Lab to Practice. In: Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection. First. Springer, 2014.
- Yague AS, Kaltenbach T, Raju G, Soetikno R.. Advanced Endoscopic Resection of Colorectal Lesions. In: Colonoscopy and Polypectomy. Elsevier: Philadelphia, 459-78, 2013.
- Raju, GS.. Repair of mucosal defects: A primer on endoscopic closure of gastrointestinal perforations. In: Successful Training in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. First. Wiley-Blackwell: Oxford, 282-87, 2011.
- Raju GS, Pasricha PJ. Flat and Depressed Colorectal Neoplasia in the Western Hemisphere. In: Colonoscopy Principles and Practice. Blackwell, 2003.
- Raju GS. Parasitic diseases of the small bowel. In: Textbook of Clinical Gastroenterology. Current Science Group, 1998.
Books (edited and written)
- Raju, GS. Colon Cancer Screening and Prevention. Ed(s) Raju, GS. Raju, GS: iTunes, 2013.
- Raju, GS. Endoscopic Accessories. In: Techniques in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. Ed(s) Raju, GS. 1. Elsevier, 1-38, 2006.
Letters to the Editor
- Raju GS. Clean up the colon on insertion for better adenoma detection (with video). Gastrointest Endosc 72: 1329-30, 2010.
- Raju GS. Magnetic resonance imaging incompatibility of clips is an issue. Gastrointest Endosc 72: 905-6, 2010.
- Finlay DG, Szauter K, Raju GS, Snyder N. Tuberculous peritonitis. Am J Gastroenterol 100: 1624-5, 2005.
- Finlay D, Szauter K, Raju GS, Snyder N. Tuberculous peritonitis in a patient treated with infliximab. Am J Gastroenterol: 1624-1625, 2005.
- Raju GS. What is new in tattooing? "Custom Tattooing". Gastrointest Endosc 59: 328-329, 2004.
- Raju GS, Ahmed I. Team approach to the management of complex esoghageal strictures. Gastrointest Endosc: 304, 2002.
- Raju GS. Double injection technique to prevent complications of endoscopic tattooing. Gastrointest Endosc: 697, 2001.
- Raju GS. Grading ERCPs by degree of difficulty: a great concept. Gastrointest Endosc 52: 704-5, 2000.
- Gardner A, Raju GS. Innovative thinking for the improvement of medical systems--"ENDOVIEW for the patients". Am J Gastroenterol 95: 2134, 2000.
- Raju GS, Jones TF, Hershberger JA. Modification of controlled radial expansion balloon catheter to fit into Pentax diagnostic gastroscope. Am J Gastroenterol 95: 1604-5, 2000.
- Raju GS, Gardner A. Quality improvement of GI endoscopy--the "Endocard". Gastrointest Endosc 51: 254, 2000.
- Raju GS, Olayee M, Weston A, Delcore R, McCallum R. Pancreatic pseudocyst in a patient with cirrhotic ascites and portal hypertension: effective endoscopic drainage with Seldinger technique. Gastrointest Endosc 50: 455-6, 1999.
- Dilawari JB, Chawla YK, Raju GS, Kaur U, Bambery P. Safety of splenoportovenography as an outpatient procedure. LANCET 2: 101, 1987.