Meet Gregory Chronowski, M.D.
About Dr. Chronowski
Dr. Chronowski is a Professor in the Department of Radiation Oncology at MD Anderson Cancer Center and specializes in the treatment of cancers of the head & neck with radiotherapy. He completed his pre-medical training at Columbia University in New York, received his medical degree from Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, and completed his Residency in Radiation Oncology at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston in 2003. After completing residency, he spent 3 years in private practice in Naperville IL. He joined the faculty of MD Anderson in 2006 practicing Head & Neck Radiotherapy in the Texas Medical Center. He was subsequently the founding physician of the MD Anderson Radiotherapy Center in Katy, a facility that ultimately evolved in the multidisciplinary outpatient facility now known as the MD Anderson West Campus.
Dr. Chronowski has authored and co-authored a number of peer reviewed manuscripts on clinical subjects in Radiation Oncology. He is currently actively involved in the MD Anderson Physicians Network as a Head & Neck Radiotherapy Peer Review Consultant and also serves as the Clinical Lead for MD Anderson at Cooper in New Jersey. He was most recently appointed as Clinical Site Director for UT Health San Antonio MD Anderson. In addition, he serves as the Special Assistant for Radiation Oncology at The MD Anderson Physician’s Network and as the Clinical Operations Lead for the Houston Area Locations as well as Albuquerque, NM.
Professor, Department of Radiation Oncology, Division of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|1998||Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA, USA, MD, Medicine|
|1992||Columbia University, New York, NY, USA, Pre Medical, Medicine|
|1990||Union College, Schenectady, NY, USA, BS, Biology|
|1999-2003||Clinical Residency, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|1998-1999||Clinical Internship, Lankenau Hospital, Wynnewood, PA|
|2003||American Board of Radiology|
|1998||National Board of Medical Examiners|
|2018||2018 Top Performers, Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems|
|2001||Travel Award for Clinical Epidemiological Symposium, Berlex Oncology Foundation|
|1998||Hobart Armory Hare Honor Society, Sidney Kimmel Medical College|
- Lewis CM, Chronowski GM, Dong W, Gunn GB, Rosenthal DI, Weber RS. Analysis of Charges Associated with Definitive Nonsurgical Therapy for Early-Stage Lateralized Tonsil Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol 22(8):2755-60, 2015. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 25519929.
- Ballo MT, Chronowski GM, Schlembach PJ, Bloom ES, Arzu IY, Kuban DA. Prospective peer review quality assurance for outpatient radiation therapy. Pract Radiat Oncol 4(5):279-284, 2014. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 25194094.
- Chronowski GM, Garden AS, Morrison WH, Frank SJ, Schwartz DL, Shah SJ, Beadle BM, Gunn GB, Kupferman ME, Ang KK, Rosenthal DI. Unilateral radiotherapy for the treatment of tonsil cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 83(1):204-9, 2012. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 22019242.
- Moeller BJ, Rana V, Cannon BA, Williams MD, Sturgis EM, Ginsberg LE, Macapinlac HA, Lee JJ, Ang KK, Chao KS, Chronowski GM, Frank SJ, Morrison WH, Rosenthal DI, Weber RS, Garden AS, Lippman SM, Schwartz DL. Prospective imaging assessment of mortality risk after head-and-neck radiotherapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 78(3):667-74, 2010. e-Pub 2010. PMID: 20171802.
- Frank SJ, Rosenthal DI, Petsuksiri J, Ang KK, Morrison WH, Weber RS, Glisson BS, Chao KS, Schwartz DL, Chronowski GM, El-Naggar AK, Garden AS. Intensity-modulated radiotherapy for cervical node squamous cell carcinoma metastases from unknown head-and-neck primary site: M. D. Anderson Cancer Center outcomes and patterns of failure. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 78(4):1005-10, 2010. e-Pub 2010. PMID: 20207504.
- Chronowski GM, Buchholz TA. Accelerated partial breast irradiation. Curr Probl Cancer 31(1):7-25, 2007. PMID: 17254900.
- Chronowski GM, Wilder RB, Levy LB, Atkinson EN, Ha CS, Hagemeister FB, Barista I, Rodriguez MA, Sarris AH, Hess MA, Cabanillas F, Cox JD. Second malignancies after chemotherapy and radiotherapy for Hodgkin disease. Am J Clin Oncol 27(1):73-80, 2004. PMID: 14758137.
- Chronowski GM, Wilder RB, Tucker SL, Ha CS, Younes A, Fayad L, Rodriguez MA, Hagemeister FB, Barista I, Cabanillas F, Cox JD. Analysis of in-field control and late toxicity for adults with early-stage Hodgkin's disease treated with chemotherapy followed by radiotherapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 55(1):36-43, 2003. PMID: 12504034.
- Chronowski GM, Ha CS, Wilder RB, Cabanillas F, Manning J, Cox JD. Treatment of unicentric and multicentric Castleman disease and the role of radiotherapy. Cancer 92(3):670-6, 2001. PMID: 11505414.
- Bloom ES, Chronowski GM. Commentary, External Beam Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation Using 32Gy in 8 Twice-Daily Fractions: 5-Year Results of a Prospective Study. Breast Diseases: A Year Book Quarterly 24(2), 2013.
- Chronowski GM, Bloom ES. Commentary, Prone Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation After Breast Conserving Surgery: Five-Year Results of 100 Patients. Breast Diseases: A Year Book Quarterly 24(2), 2013.
- Shaitelman SF, Schlembach PJ, Arzu I, Ballo M, Bloom ES, Buchholz D, Chronowski GM, Dvorak T, Grade E, Hoffman KE, Kelly P, Ludwig M, Perkins GH, Reed V, Shah S, Stauder MC, Strom EA, Tereffe W, Woodward WA, Ensor J, Baumann D, Thompson AM, Amaya D, Davis T, Guerra W, Hamblin L, Hortobagyi G, Hunt KK, Buchholz TA, Smith BD. Acute and Short-Term Toxic Effects of Conventionally Fractionated vs Hypofractionated Whole-Breast Irradiation: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Oncol 1(7):931-41, 2015.
- Gunn GB, Hansen CC, Garden AS, Fuller CD, Mohamed AS, Morrison WH, Frank SJ, Beadle BM, Phan J, Chronowski GM, Sturgis EM, Lewis CM, Lu C, Hutcheson KA, Mendoza TR, Cleeland CS, Rosenthal DI. Favorable patient reported outcomes following IMRT for early carcinomas of the tonsillar fossa: Results from a symptom assessment study. Radiother Oncol 117(1):132-8, 2015.
- Chao C, Mohan R, Lee N, Chronowski G, Low D, Wu G, Dong L. Intensity modulated radiation treatment planning, quality assurance, delivery and clinical application. In: Principles and practices of radiation oncology. 5th. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins: Philadelphia, 239-62, 2008.
- Chronowski GM, Rosenthal DI. Chemoradiation for head and neck cancer. In: Options in the treatment of head and neck cancer. 1st. CMP medica: Manhasset, 2006.
Letters to the Editor
- Chronowski GM, Rosenthal DI. In Reply to Geropantas et al. Re: Unilateral radiotherapy for the treatment of tonsil cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 85: 8, 2013.