Meet Gregory Chronowski, M.D.
About Dr. Chronowski
Dr. Chronowski is a Professor in the Department of Radiation Oncology at MD Anderson Cancer Center and is the Center Medical Director for Radiation Oncology operations in the Houston Area Locations. He completed his pre-medical training at Union College and Columbia University in New York, received his medical degree from Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, and completed his Residency in Radiation Oncology at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. Dr. Chronowski joined the faculty of MD Anderson in 2006 and currently practices at the MD Anderson West Houston location, as well as at the Texas Medical Center and Proton Therapy Center locations. Dr. Chronowski currently specializes in the treatment of cancers of the head & neck region, as well as cancers of the prostate.
Dr. Chronowski has authored and co-authored numerous peer reviewed manuscripts on clinical subjects in Radiation Oncology. He serves in several leadership roles within the MD Anderson Physicians Network working with institutional partners both nationally and internationally.
Professor, Department of Radiation Oncology, Division of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Center Medical Director - Radiation Oncology - HAL Operations, Division of Houston Area Locations, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Assistant Section Chief, Department of Radiation Oncology, Division of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center - HALs, Houston, TX
|1998||Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA, USA, MD, Medicine|
|1992||Columbia University, New York, NY, USA, Pre Medical, Medicine|
|1990||Union College, Schenectady, NY, USA, BS, Biology|
|1999-2003||Clinical Residency, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|1998-1999||Clinical Internship, Lankenau Hospital, Wynnewood, PA|
|2003||American Board of Radiology|
|1998||National Board of Medical Examiners|
Clinical Site Lead, Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center @ Scripps, San Diego, CA, 2022 - Present
|2018||2018 Top Performers, Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems|
|2001||Travel Award for Clinical Epidemiological Symposium, Berlex Oncology Foundation|
|1998||Hobart Armory Hare Honor Society, Sidney Kimmel Medical College|
- Taku N, Wang L, Garden AS, Rosenthal DI, Gunn GB, Morrison WH, Fuller CD, Phan J, Reddy JP, Moreno AC, Spiotto MT, Chronowski G, Shah SJ, Mayo LL, Gross ND, Ferrarotto R, Zhu XR, Zhang X, Frank SJ. Proton Therapy for HPV-Associated Oropharyngeal Cancers of the Head and Neck: a De-Intensification Strategy. Curr Treat Options Oncol 22(6):54, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 34086150.
- Augustyn A, Reed VI, Ahmad N, Bhutani MS, Bloom ES, Bowers JR, Chronowski GM, Das P, Holliday EB, Delclos ME, Huey RW, Koay EJ, Lee SS, Nelson CL, Taniguchi CM, Koong AC, Chun SG. Implementation of a stereotactic body radiotherapy program for unresectable pancreatic cancer in an integrated community academic radiation oncology satellite network. Clin Transl Radiat Oncol 27:147-151, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33665384.
- Ning MS, McAleer MF, Jeter MD, Minsky BD, Ghafar RA, Robinson IJ, Nitsch PL, Zaebst DJ, Todd SE, Nguyen J, Lin SH, Liao Z, Lee P, Gunn GB, Klopp AH, Dabaja BS, Nguyen QN, Chronowski GM, Bloom ES, Koong AC, Das P. Mitigating the impact of COVID-19 on oncology: Clinical and operational lessons from a prospective radiation oncology cohort tested for COVID-19. Radiother Oncol 148:252-257, 2020. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32474129.
- Noticewala SS, Koong AC, Bloom ES, Choi S, Chronowski G, Ghafar RA, Guadagnolo BA, Gunn GB, Klopp A, Lee P, Li J, Liao Z, Ludmir EB, McAleer MF, Nguyen QN, Ning MS, Robinson IJ, Rosenthal DI, Shah SJ, Woodward WA, Zaebst DJ, Dabaja BS, Das P. Radiation Oncology Strategies to Flatten the Curve During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Pandemic: Experience From a Large Tertiary Cancer Center. Adv Radiat Oncol 5(4):567-572, 2020. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32775771.
- Ludmir EB, Adlakha EK, Chun SG, Reed VK, Arzu IY, Ahmad N, Bloom E, Chronowski GM, Delclos ME, Mayo LL, Schlembach PJ, Liao Z, Koong AC, Herman JM, Shah SJ. Enhancing clinical trial enrollment at MD Anderson Cancer Center satellite community campuses. Acta Oncol 58(8):1-3, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 30958082.
- Barbon CEA, Yao CMK, Peterson CB, Moreno AC, Goepfert RP, Johnson FM, Chronowski GM, Fuller CD, Gross ND, Hutcheson KA. Swallowing After Primary TORS and Unilateral or Bilateral Radiation for Low- to Intermediate-Risk Tonsil Cancer. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg:1945998211059967. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 34784256.
- Weng JK, Lei X, Schlembach P, Bloom ES, Shaitelman SF, Arzu IY, Chronowski G, Dvorak T, Grade E, Hoffman K, Perkins G, Reed VK, Shah SJ, Stauder MC, Strom EA, Tereffe W, Woodward WA, Hortobagyi GN, Hunt KK, Buchholz TA, Smith BD. Five-Year Longitudinal Analysis of Patient-Reported Outcomes and Cosmesis in a Randomized Trial of Conventionally Fractionated Versus Hypofractionated Whole-Breast Irradiation. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33992718.
- Shaitelman SF, Lei X, Thompson A, Schlembach P, Bloom ES, Arzu IY, Buchholz D, Chronowski G, Dvorak T, Grade E, Hoffman K, Perkins G, Reed VK, Shah SJ, Stauder MC, Strom EA, Tereffe W, Woodward WA, Amaya DN, Shen Y, Hortobagyi GN, Hunt KK, Buchholz TA, Smith BD. Three-Year Outcomes With Hypofractionated Versus Conventionally Fractionated Whole-Breast Irradiation: Results of a Randomized, Noninferiority Clinical Trial. J Clin Oncol:JCO1800317. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30379626.