Hao Chi Zhang, MD
Department of Gastroenterology Hepatology and Nutrition, Division of Internal Medicine
Present Title & Affiliation
Assistant Professor, Department of Gastroenterology, Hepat,& Nutr, Division of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Education & Training
|2013||UT Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX, USA, MD, Doctorate of Medicine|
|2008||Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA, BS, Biological Sciences|
|2019||American Board of Internal Medicine Gastroenterology|
|2016||American Board of Internal Medicine|
Experience & Service
Chief Clinical Fellow, Department of Gastroenterology, Hepat,& Nutr, UT Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX, 2018 - 2019
Institutional Committee Activities
Member, DoIM IO toxicity working group, 2020 - Present
Member, DoIM Education Committee – Education Portfolio Group, 2020 - Present
Member, GHN Fellowship Development Group, 2020 - Present
- Ali H, Khurana S, Ma W, Peng Y, Jiang Z, DuPont H, Zhang HC, Thomas AS, Okhuysen P, Wang Y. Safety and efficacy of fecal microbiota transplantation to treat and prevent recurrent Clostridioides difficile in cancer patients. J Cancer 12(21):6498-6506, 2021. PMID: 34659541.
- Jacob J, Dutra BE, Garcia-Rodriguez, Zhang HC. Clinical Characteristics and Outcomes of Oral Mucositis Associated with Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors in Patients with Cancer. JNCCN, 2021. PMID: 34348328.
- Ma W , Gong Z, Abu-Sbeih H, Peng Y, Peng F, Zou F, Charabaty A, Okhuysen PC, McQuade JL, Altan M, Zhang HC, Thomas AS, Wang Y. Outcomes of Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Diarrhea or Colitis in Cancer Patients With Superimposed Gastrointestinal Infections. American Journal of Clinical Oncology. e-Pub 2021.
- Zou F, Wang X, Glitza Oliva I, McQuade JL, Wang J, Zhang HC, Thompson JA, Thomas AS, Wang Y. Fecal calprotectin concentration to assess endoscopic and histologic remission in patients with cancer with immune-mediated diarrhea and colitis. J Immunother Cancer 9(1), 2021. PMID: 33436487.
- Khurana S, Zhang HC, Peng Y, Lu Y, Wang, Y. Severe fistulizing pancreatitis in a patient with Merkel cell carcinoma treated with avelumab. European Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 32(9):1266-1267, 2020.
- Zhang HC, Tamil M, Kukreja K, Singhal S. Review of Simultaneous Double Stenting Using Endoscopic Ultrasound-Guided Biliary Drainage Techniques in Combined Gastric Outlet and Biliary Obstructions. Clin Endosc 53(2):167-175, 2020.
- Zhang HC, Luo W, Wang Y. Acute liver injury in the context of immune checkpoint inhibitor-related colitis treated with infliximab. J Immunother Cancer 7(1):47, 2019. PMID: 30777137.
- Zhang HC, Dedania B, Thosani N. Management of choledocholithiasis by direct cholangioscopy via freehand intubationusing the "J" maneuver. VideoGIE 4(5):214-216, 2019. PMID: 31061942.
- Zhang HC, Tamil M, Kukreja K, Singhal S. Review of SImultaneous Double Stenting Using Endoscopic Ultrasound-Guided Biliary Drainage Techniques in Combined Gastric Outlet and Biliary Obstructions. Clin Endosc. e-Pub 2019.
- Cherian ET, Zhang HC, Guttenberg KB, Everett JM, Guha S. Looking beyond the Obvious: Eosinophilic Enterocolitis. Am J Med 131(6):e227-e229, 2018. PMID: 29526542.
- Smeral Dutra B, Wei D, Tan D, Alasadi M, Zhang HC, Thomas A, Thomas AS, Richards DM, Wang Y. Clinical Characteristics and Outcomes of Patients with Positive Celiac Serology and Cancer Therapy Exposure. J Cancer 13(3):815-822. PMID: 35154450.
Manuals, Teaching Aids, Other Teaching Publications
- Zhang HC. Nephrology Consults Teaching Guide for the BCM internal medicine residency program (first and second editions) Unofficial guide reviewed by Dr. José Perez, 2015.
- Khurana S, Abu-Sbeih H, Ma W, Foo WC, Zhang HC, Wang Y. Eosinophilic colitis in cancer patients. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2020.
- Zhang HC, Wang LS, Miller E. Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Adverse Events. In: Adv Exp Med Biol, 339-355, 2021.