|1995||Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA, PhD, Immunology and Microbiology|
|1988||Beijing Medical University, Beijing, CHN, MD, Medicine|
|2002-2005||Clinical Fellowship, Immunology, Allergy and Rheumatology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX|
|1999-2002||Clinical Residency, Internal Medicine Internship and Residency, Austin Medical Educational Programs, Austin, TX|
|1996-1999||Research Fellowship, Department of Human and Molecular Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX|
|1995-1996||Research Fellowship, Leukocyte Biology, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX|
|2006||American Board of Allergy & Immunology|
|2005||American Board of Rheumatology|
|2002||American Board of Internal Medicine|
Assistant Professor, Department of General Internal Medicine, Division of Internal Medicine, Section of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2005 - 2012
Co-Director, Multidisciplinary Bone Health Program Clinic, Houston, TX, 2013 - Present
Course Chair, Joint Baylor/MD Anderson Rheumatology Fellowship, Multidisciplinary "Radiology/Rheumatology" 2-year curriculum, Houston, TX, 2010 - Present
- Lu, H, Marengo MF, Suarez-Almazor ME. Rare case of septic arthritis caused by Candida Krusei: a case report and review of the literature. J Rheumatol 39(6):1308-9, 2012.
- Yang T, Mendoza-Londono R, Lu H, Tao J, Li K, Keller B, Jiang MM, Shah R, Chen Y, Bertin TK, Engin F, Dabovic B, Rifkin DB, Hicks J, Jamrich M, Beaudet AL, Lee B.. E-selectin lignad-1 regulates growth plate homeostasis in mice by inhibiting the intracellular processing and secretion of mature TGF-beta. J Clin Invest 7(120):2474-85, 2010.
- Lu H, Hu MI, Gagel RF.. Cancer therapies and bone health. Curr Rheumatology Rep 12(3):177-85, 2010.
- Santos FP, Konoplev SN, Lu H, Vertovsek S.. Primary autoimmune myelofibrosis in a 36-year-old patient presenting with isolated extreme anemia. Leuk Res 1(34), 2010.
- Cabanillas M, Lu H, Fang S, Du XL. Elderly patients with non-Hodgkin lymphoma who receive chemotherapy are at higher risk for osteoporosis and fractures. Leuk Lymphoma 48(8):1514-21, 2007.
- Berrios-Rivera JP, Lu H, Fang S, Cabanillas ME, Cabanillas F, Hu H, Du XL. Variations in chemotherapy and radiation therapy in a large nationwide and community-based cohort of elderly patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Am J Clin Oncol 30(2):163-71, 2007.
- Yang Y, Xiong Z, Zhang S, Yan Y, Nguyen J, Ng B, Lu, H, Yang X. Bcl-nl inhibits T-cell apoptosis induced by expression of SARS coronavirus E protein in the absence of growth factors, 2005.
- Lu H, Huston DP. Clinical Trial Reports on Immunodeficiency. Current Allergy Asthma Reports 3(5):375-377, 2003.
- Lee S-H, Prince JE, Rais M, Kheradmand F, Shardonofsky F, Lu H, Smith W, Soong L. Differential requirements for CD18 in T helper effector homing. Nat Med 9(10):1281-1286, 2003.
- Lu H, Youker K, Entman ML, Ballantyne C, Smith CW. Hydrogen peroxide induces LFA-1-dependent neutrophil adhesion to cardiac myocytes. Am J Physiology 278(3):H835-42, 2000.
- Lu H, Ballantyne C, Smith CW. LFA-1 (CD11/CD18) triggers hydrogen peroxide production by canine neutrophils. J Leuk Biol 68:73-80, 2000.
- Forlow SB, White EJ, Barlow SC, Feldman SH, Lu H, Bagby GJ, Beaudet AL. Severe inflammatory defect and reduced viability in CD18 and E-selectin double mutant mice. J Clin Invest 106(12):1457-1466, 2000.
- Scharffeter K, Lu H, Norman K, van Nood N, Munoz F, Grabbe S, McArthur M, Kaplan S, Ley K, Smith CW, Montgomery CA, Rich S, Beaudet AL. Spontaneous skin ulceration and defective T cell function in CD18 null mice. J Exp Med 188:119-131, 1998.
- Lu H, Smith CW, Perrard JL, Bullard D, Tan L, Shappell SB, Entman ML, Beaudet AL, Ballantyne CM. LFA-1 is sufficient in mediating neutrophil emigration in Mac-1 deficient mice. J Clin Invest 99:1340-1350, 1997.
- Gopalan PK, Smith CW, Lu H, Berg EL, McIntire LB, Simon SI. Neutrophil CD18-dependent arrest on intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (ICAM-1) in shear flow can be activated through L-selectin. J Immunol 158:367-375, 1997.
- Burns AR, Simon SI, Kukielka GL, Rowen JL, Lu H, Mendoza LH, Brown ES, Entman ML, Smith CW. Chemotactic factors stimulate CD18-dependent canine neutrophil adherence and motility on lung fibroblasts. J Immunol 156:3389-3401, 1996.
- Manning AM, Lu H, Kukielka GL, Oliver MG, Toman CA, Krater S, Drong RF, Slightom JL, Ballantyne CM, Entman ML, Smith CW, Anderson DC. Molecular cloning and comparative sequence analysis of canine ICAM-1. Gene 24:102-120, 1996.
- Stevens AM, Wang Y-y, Sieger KA, Lu H, Yu-Lee L-y. Biphasic transcriptional regulation of the interferon regulatory factor-1 gene by prolactin: involvement of gamma-interferon-activated sequence and Stat-related proteins. Mol. Endocrinol 9:513-525, 1995.
Manuals, Teaching Aids, Other Teaching Publications
- Lu H.. Teaching Manual: How to Order Laboratory Tests for Autoimmune Disease, 2011.
- Lu H. Teaching Manuel: Bone Health Evaluation and Treatment Algorithm, 2011.
- Lu H and Hu M et al. Patient education handouts on Osteoporosis, Bone Health, Calcium Supplementation, Reclast, and Prolia, 2010.
- Lu H, Hu M, Gagel RF. Bone Health Video and Brochure, 2010. Awarded with Silver Medal by the National Health Information Awards, 2010.
- Lu H.. Rheumatology Consult at MD Anderson - Orientation: A How To Manuel, 2007.
- Lu, H and Hu, M et al:. Patient education handouts on Osteoporosis, Bone Health, Calcium Supplementation, Reclast, and Prolia.
- Qiuling, S. Sharon, G. Huifang, L. Charles, C. Development of anastrozole-associated joint pain and other symptoms in patients with breast cancer, 2012.
- Lu H, Varma A, Popat U, Champlin RE, and Gagel RF. Risk factor for low bone mass in patients with hematological disorders/malignancies during early allogeneic stem cell transplant period. Rolantte and Berdon Lawrence Bone Disease Program Annual Scientific Retreat, 2011.
- Shi Q, Giordano S, Lu H, Cleeland C.. Longitudinal change of pain and other symptoms in breast cancer patients with anastrozole treatment. The 33rd Annual San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, TX, 2010.
- Lu H, Murphy W. De Quarvein tendinits associated with the use of aromatase inhibitor. Medical Issues in Cancer Survivors, Houston, TX, 2009.
- Lu H, Cabanillas M, Fang S, DU XL.. Elderly patients with non-Hodgkin lymphoma who receive chemotherapy are at higher risk for osteoporosis and fractures. The 5th International Conference in Bone and Mineral Research & The 7th International Osteoporosis Symposium, Urumqi-Xinjiang, China, 2007.
- Lu H. Chemotherapy is associated with increased risk of osteoporosis and fracture in elderly patients. The Bone Disease Program of Texas, 5th Annual Scientific Retreat, Houston, TX, 2007.
- Lu H, Huston DP, Liu Y. Schistosoma mansoni soluble egg antigen induces TSLP production by fibroblasts. GSK Fellow Symposium, San diego, CA, 2005.
- Lu H. Rheumatoid vasculitis. CIS Spring School of Autoimmune Diseases, Santa Fe, New Mexico, 2005.
- Lu H, Yang Y, Huston DP, Yang X-F. Activated T cells are novel source for secreted histamine releasing factor. Department of Medicine Research Symposium, Houston, TX, 2005.
- Lu H. Activated T cells secrete histamine releasing factor. Asthma and Immunology 61st Annual Meeting, San Antonio, Texas, J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 2005 115(2): S220 115(2):S220, 2005.
- Huston DP, Liu Y, Lu H. TGFB1-induced TSLP production. Focis centers of excellence trainee satellite symposium, 4th Annual Meeting of the Federation of clinical Immunology Societies/12th Intl Congress of Immunology, Montreal, Canada, 2004.
- Marengo MF, Suarez-Almazor M, Lu H.. Neoplastic and Paraneoplastic Synovitis. In: Rheumatic Disease Clinics of North America. 4. Elsevier Publisher, 551-72, 2011.
- Waimann C, Lu H, Suarez-Almazor M.. Rheumatic Manifestations of Primary and Metastatic Bone Tumors and Paraneoplastic Bone Disease. In: Rheumatic Disease Clinics of North America. 4. Elsevier Publisher, 527-49, 2011.
|Title:||Long term assessment of arthralgias in breast cancer patients using Aromatase Inhibitors|
|Title:||A randomized, controlled study of lbandronate for the prevention of bone loss in patients received allogeneic bone marrow transplantation for hematological disorder and malignancies|
|Funding Source:||Roche Laboratories|