|1998||Loyola University, Maywood, IL, USA, MD, Medicine|
|1994||University of California, Riverside, Riverside, CA, USA, BS, Biochemistry|
|2004-2005||Clinical Fellowship, Sleep Medicine, The University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX|
|2001-2004||Clinical Fellowship, Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine, The University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX|
|1999-2001||Clinical Residency, Internal Medicine, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL|
|1998-1999||Clinical Internship, Internal Medicine, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL|
Assistant Professor, Department of Critical Care, Division of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2005 - 2013
Institutional Committee Activities
Member, Institutional Review Board 5, 2012 - 2014
Chair, Research and Publications Committee, 2009 - Present
Member, Clinical Research Committee (CRC) 3, 2008 - 2011
Member, Secure Messaging Workgroup, 2007 - 2011
Co-Chair, Sepsis Collaborative Committee, 2006 - Present
Chair, ICU Visitation Task Force Education Subcommittee, 2006 - 2009
Alternate Representative, Medical Records Committee, 2006 - 2013
|2013||Outstanding Patient Educator at MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2006||Certificate in Clinical Safety & Effectiveness, MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2001||Associate Chief Resident|
|1999||Loyola Clinical Vignettes Competition, 3rd place|
|1995||St. Luke’s Day Medical Student Research Forum|
|1993||Golden Key National Honor Society|
- Singh P, Idowu O, Malik I, Nates J. Acute respiratory failure induced by magnesium administration: A case report and review of the literature. Texas Heart Institute Journal, 2015.
- Malik I. Suppression of T-cell proliferation by tumor-induced granulocyte-macrophage progenitor cells producing transforming growth factor. Young MRI 156(5):1916-1922, 1996.
- Hanzelka K, Yeung S, Chisholm G, Willis Merriman K, Gaeta S, Malik I, Rice T. Implementation of Modified Early Goal Directed Therapy for Sepsis in the Emergency Center of a Comprehensive Cancer Center. Supportive Care in Cancer. e-Pub 2012.
- Braiteh F, Malik I Pneumopericardium. CMAJ 179(10):1087, 2008.
- Malik I, Lu M, Gaeta S, Terrell J, Feng C, Price K, Lodato R. Sepsis ICD-9 Codes Validation Study: A Retrospective Chart Review. Presented at American Thoracic Society International Conference, Philadelphia, PA, May 18-22, 2013, 2013.
- Malik I, Dee B, Anderegg B, Erfe R, Granwehr B, Olaoya A, Price K. Blood Culture Yield and Resistance in ICU Cancer Patients with Pre-Existing Antimicrobial Coverage. Presented at American Thoracic Society International Conference, Philadelphia, PA, May 18-22, 2013, 2013.
- Nates JL, Rathi N, Haque S, Gaeta S, Pravinkumar E, Botz G, Chen K, Crommett JW, Calabrese D, de Villalobos D, Malik I, Price K. ICU Triage Improves Patient Flow and Resource Utilization. Chest October 2011 140(4):Meeting Abstracts 357A, 2011.
- Cardenas-Turanzas M, Malik I, et.al.. Outcomes of patients with cancer and sepsis in Texas: A population based study of critically ill patients. 40th Critical Care Congress, San Diego, CA (Jan 15-19, 2011), 2011.
- Vigil KJ, Adachi JA, Jiang Y, Popat UR, Mahani MG, Granwehr B, Malik I, Gaeata S, Champlin RE, Raad I, Chemaly R. Novel Influenza A (2009/H1N1) Infection in Cancer Patients During the Ongoing Pandemic: Early Therapy Improves Outcome. Presented at Infectious Diseases Society of America 2010, and American Society of Hematology 2010, 2010.
- Lakkis CL, Malik I, Perrier N, Castriotta RJ. Evaluation of Sleep in End-Stage Renal Failure Patients with Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (HPT). The University of Texas Health Science Center and MD Anderson Cancer Center - Presented at Associated Professional Sleep Societies, 2005.
- Malik I, Castriotta RJ. Snoring and cardiovascular disease: 2-5 year follow-up after diagnosis of polysomnographically verified primary snoring disorder. The University of Texas Health Science Center - Presented at American College of Chest Physicians, 2004.
- Malik I, Khedr M, Narayanan SL, Castriotta RJ. Primary snoring disorder and cardiovascular disease. Am J Respir Crit Care Med(167):A136, 2003.
- Parthasarathy S, Malik I, Jubran A, Tobin MJ. Does ventilator mode influence sleep quality in critically ill patients?. Hines VA Hospital, Hines, IL, 2000.