Professor, Department of Immunology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Professor, Department of Veterinary Sciences, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center - Science Park, Bastrop, TX
|1981||National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal, IND, PHD, Microbiology|
|1974||G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnager, IND, MS, Microbiology|
|1972||Andhra University, Andhra Pradesh, IND, BS, Biology/Chemistry|
|1981-1984||Postdoctoral Research Associate, Microbiology, The University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB), Galveston, TX|
|1979-1981||Postdoctoral Research Associate, Biology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN|
Regular Member, Department of Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (GSBS), Division of Graduate Faculty, The University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX, 1993 - Present
- Schapiro SJ, Nehete PN, Perlman JE, Bloomsmith MA, Sastry KJ. Effects of dominance status and environmental enrichment on cell-mediated immunity in rhesus macaques. Appl Anim Behav Sci 56:319-32, 1998.
- Chaloupka J, Severin AI, Sastry KJ, Kucerova H, Stranadova M. Differences in the regulation of exocellular proteinase synthesis during growth and sporulation of Bacillus megaterium. Can J Microbiol 28:1214-8, 1982.
- Sastry KJ, Mathur DK. Studies of milk clotting enzyme from Bacillus megaterium K40: II. Effect of some nutrients on enzyme production. J Food Sci Technol 16(1):15-8, 1979.
- Sastry KJ, Mathur DK. Studies of milk clotting enzyme from Bacillus megaterium K40: II. Effect of some environmental factors on enzyme production. J Food Sci Technol 16(1):19-21, 1979.
- Ralhan GR, Sastry KJ, Mathur DK. Isolation, purification and characterization of nisinase producing bacterial from processed cheese. Ind J Dairy Sci 31(2):150-5, 1978.
- Sastry KJ, Mathur DK. Bacterial nisinase. Ind Dairyman 29(9):555-9, 1977.
- Nehete P, Nehete B, Buchl S, Sastry KJ. Effect of FLT3-ligand treatment on hematological and immunological responses in SHIV infected rhesus monkeys: a pilot study. Immunology 2004, International Proceeding:181-186, 2004.
- Sastry KJ, Nehete PN, Gambhira R, Nehete B, Keeney TS. Synthetic peptide-based vaccine for induction of cell-mediated immunity against HIV and HPV. Recent Res Develop Virol 3:575-601, 2001.
- Nehete PN, Arlinghaus RB, Sastry KJ. V3 loop synthetic peptides block infection and syncytium formation by HIV-1. Vaccines 94:285-9, 1994.
- Sastry KJ, Nehete P, Casement K, Arlinghaus RB. Some synthetic peptides representing HIV-specific CTL epitopes fail to induce CTL responses in vivo: implications for vaccine development. Vaccines 94:175-80, 1994.
- Nehete PN, Arlinghaus RB, Sastry KJ, Satterfield WC, Matherne CM. HIV-specific T-cell responses in rhesus monkeys immunized with synthetic peptides from gp160. Vaccines 93:91-4, 1993.
- Sastry KJ, Nehete PN, Casement K, Platsoucas CD, Arlinghaus RB. Rapid induction of virus-specific MHC-restricted CTLs with short synthetic peptides. Vaccines 93:19-23, 1993.
- Sastry KJ, Mathur KD. Studies on milk clotting enzyme from Bacillus megaterium K-40: III. Purification and characterization of the enzyme. Intn’l Dairy Congress, Moscow, USSR, 1982.
- Sastry KJ. A novel synthetic peptide-cocktail vaccine against HIV-AIDS: pre-clinical studies showing protective efficacy in the rhesus macaque model. International Conference on Viral Vaccines, Edinburg, Scotland. Platform presentation, 2003.
- Sastry KJ. Dendritic cell vaccination against HIV: superiority of dendritic cells over standard Freund's adjuvant for delivering an HIV synthetic peptide cocktail vaccine in rhesus macaques for protection against pathogenic SHIV challenge. 7th International Symposium on Dendritic Cells, Bamberg, Germany. Platform presentation, 2002.
- Sastry KJ. Novel anti-viral strategy targeting viral entry at a post-CD4 binding step common to infection by diverse HIV-1 strains. 15th International Conference on Antiviral Research. Pargue, Czech Republic. Platform presentation, 2002.
- Sastry KJ. Cellular immune responses to specific E6 and E7 peptides of HPV-16 as markers for recurrence of HPV-associated CIN and for potential application in immunotherapy. 18th International Conference on Papilloma Virus, Barcelona, Spain, Platform presentation, 2000.
- Singh S, Nehete P, Hanley P, Nehete B, Yang G, He H, Anthony SM, Schluns KS, Sastry KJ. Procedures for mucosal immunization and analyses of cellular immune response to candidate HIV vaccines in murine and nonhuman primate models. In: Methods Mol Biol, 417-55, 2014.
- Sastry KJ, Nehete PN, Nehete B. Improving the sensitivity of the ELISPOT analyses of antigen-specific cellular immune responses in rhesus macaques. In: Handbook of ELISPOT: Methods and Protocols, Methods in Molecular Biology Series. Humana Press: Totowa, NJ, 153-166, 2005.
- Sastry KJ, Nehete PN. Animal Models for AIDS Research. In: Handbook of Laboratory Animal Science. CRC Press: Boca Raton, 61-77, 2004.
- Nehete PN, Chitta S, Hossain MM, Hill L, Bernacky B, Sastry KJ. Synthetic peptide-based HIV vaccine induces protective immunity in SHIV-rhesus model. In: Peptides for the New Millenium, American Peptide Symposia Series. Springer: Netherlands, 706-707, 2000.
- Hossain MM, Nehete PN, Chitta S, Sastry KJ. Synthetic peptide-based reagents for blocking the entry and inactivation of HIV. In: Peptides for the New Millenium, American Peptide Symposia Series. Springer: Netherlands, 258-259, 2000.
- Sastry KJ, Nehete PN, Courtney AN, Fontenot DR. Animal models for AIDS research. In: Handbook of Laboratory Animal Science. Third Edition. CRC Press: Boca Raton.