Meet Jason Mouabbi, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of General Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Assistant Professor, Department of Breast Medical Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Assistant Professor, Department of Hematology/Medical Oncology, Division of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Medical Branch, League City, TX
Hormone receptor positive (HR+) metastatic breast cancer
Invasive lobular carcinoma (ILC)
|2014||St George's University, True Blue, GRN, MD, Doctor of Medicine|
|2009||Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA, BS, Biological Science|
|2020-2021||Clinical Instructorship, Breast Cancer, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX|
|2017-2020||Clinical Fellowship, Hematology/oncology, Ascension St. John Hospital, Detroit, MI|
|2014-2017||Clinical Residency, Internal Medicine, Ascension St. John Hospital, Detroit, MI|
|2012-2014||Student Rotation, Ascension St. John Hospital, Detroit, MI|
|2020||American Board of Internal Medicine Hematology|
|2020||American Board of Internal Medicine Medical Oncology|
|2017||American Board of Internal Medicine|
Instructor, Department of Breast Medical Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, 2020 - 2021
|2021||Lester & Sue Smith Breast Cancer Award of Excellence, Baylor College of Medicine, Dan L. Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center|
|2020||Hematology/Oncology Chief Fellow, Ascension St. John Hospital|
|2019||Top Doctor Award, Detroit Hour Magazine|
|2017||Resident Research Day Winner, Ascension St John Hospital|
|2017||Resident of the Year, Ascension St John Hospital|
|2017||Excellence in Research, Ascension St John Hospital|
|2017||Original Research Oral Section 1st place winner, American College of Physicians|
|2017||Young Investigator Award, American College of Chest Physicians|
|2015||Intern of the year, Ascension St John Hospital|
|2010||Geoffrey H. Bourne Scholarship Recipient, St. Georges University|
|2007||Downy Scholarship Recipient, Wayne State University|
|2006||Top 10% Graduate, Wayne State University|
- Mouabbi JA, Osborne CK, Schiff R, Rimawi MF. Management of hormone receptor-positive human epidermal growth factor 2-negative metastatic breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat 190(2):189-201, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 34515904.
- Mouabbi JA, Chand M, Asghar IA, Sakhi R, Ockner D, Dul CL, Hadid T, Aref A, Rimawi MF, Hoyos V. Lumpectomy followed by radiation improves survival in HER2 positive and triple-negative breast cancer with high tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes compared to mastectomy alone. Cancer Med 10(14):4790-4795, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 34080777.
- Moabbi AM, Agarwal N, El Kaderi B, Ansari A. Role for gene looping in intron-mediated enhancement of transcription. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109(22):8505-10, 2012. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22586116.
Manuals, Teaching Aids, Other Teaching Publications
- Mouabbi, J., Szpunar, S., Saravolatz, L., Kafri, Z., Hadid T.. Neutrophil-to-Lymphocyte Ratio and Platelet-to-Lymphocyte Ratio as Predictive Markers for DVT, 2017.
- Mouabbi J.A., Hadid T.H., UH E. Effectiveness of low-dose CT scan for lung cancer screening in the community setting, 2019.
- Mouabbi J.A., Sako Z., Adballa A., Hadid T., Rimawi M.F.. Peri-operative diagnostic accuracy of magnetic resonance imaging and ultrasonography in breast cancer: A meta-analysis, 2021.
- Mouabbi J.A., Rimawi M.F., Aref A. et al. Radiation therapy improves survival in early stage HER2-positive breast cancer with high-level of tumor infiltrating lymphocytes, 2021.
- Malapati S.J., Mouabbi J.A., Singh S.R.K., Kumar R., et al.. Bilateral masectomy in ductal carcinoma in situ: 10-year analysis of national inpatient sample database, 2020.
- Mouabbi J.A., Chand M., Sakhi R., et al. Improvement of survival with radiation therapy in early stage triple negative breast cancer patients with high level of tumor infiltrating lymphocytes, 2020.
- Mouabbi J, Kafri Z.. 13. In: Management of Anemia: A Comprehensive Guide for Clinicians. 1. Springer: New York, New York, 219-236, 2018.