Assistant Professor, Department of Endocrine Neoplasia and Hormonal Disorders, Division of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
For physician to physician referrals, please call our main office line at (713) 792-2841.
For new adult patient self referrals, please call our new patient referral coordinators at (713) 563-4400 or visit us at https://my.mdanderson.org/
International patients may complete this form International Center or contact the International Center at 001-713-745-0450.
For general department information, please select the link below or call us at (713) 792-2841. Thank you.
|2003||Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences, Bellur, IND, MBBS, Medical School|
|2010-2011||Clinical Research Fellowship, Advanced Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, The University of Texas Health Science Center and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston|
|2008-2010||Clinical Fellowship, Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Medical School, Houston, TX|
|2006-2008||Clinical Residency, Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX|
|2005-2006||Clinical Internship, Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX|
|1996-2003||Undergraduate, Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences, Bellur|
|2017||The American Board of Medical Quality|
|2011||American Board of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism|
|2008||American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine|
Assistant Professor, The University of Texas Health Science at Houston, Houston, 2012 - 2016
Physician, Hospital Privileges, Memorial Hermann Hospital, Houston, TX, 2012 - 2016
Physician, Hospital Privileges, Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital - Harris County Hospital District, Houston, TX, 2012 - 2016
Institutional Committee Activities
Member, Clinical Effectiveness Subcommittee, 2019 - Present
Member, Junior Faculty Committee, 2017 - Present
|2016||Edward Randall, III, Internal Medicine Quality Fair|
|2016||Winner QI Project- Electronic Consultation (E-Consults): Improving Access to Endocrine Specialty Care in Harris Health System, The University of Texas Health Science Center - Houston Medical School|
|2015||Dean's Teaching Excellence Award, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston|
|2013||Dean's Teaching Excellence Award, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston|
|2012||Dean's Teaching Excellence Award, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston|
- Gayed IW, Karni RJ, Wan DQ, Varghese JM, Wirfel KL, Won KS, Joseph UA. Interpretation of Tc-99m Sestamibi Parathyroid. Dove Press 2017(10):1-7, 2016.
- Olejarski J, Yang M, Varghese J. Follicular thyroid carcinoma presenting as a soft tissue thigh mass. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol 2(4):348, 2014. PMID: 24703053.
- Machicado JD, Varghese JM, Orlander PR. Cabergoline-induced pneumocephalus in a medically treated macroprolactinoma. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97(10):3412-3, 2012. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22802088.
- Varghese J, Ayala-Ramirez M, Rich T, Rohren E, Rao P, Jimenez C. Novel germline SDHD mutation: diagnosis and implications to the patient. Fam Cancer 10(2):365-71, 2011. PMID: 21318381.
- Varghese J, Habra MA. Update on adrenocortical carcinoma management and future directions. Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes 24(3):208-214, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28277340.
- Varghese J, Rich T, Jimenez C. Benign familial hypocalciuric hypercalcemia. Endocr Pract 17 Suppl 1:13-7, 2011. PMID: 21478088.
- Gómez K, Varghese J, Jiménez C. Medullary thyroid carcinoma: molecular signaling pathways and emerging therapies. J Thyroid Res 2011:815826, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21687607.
- Varghese J. Syndrome in a Patient with Panhypopituitarism. American Academy of Neurology 67th Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, 2015.
- Varghese J. The Man Who Stopped Speaking: An Unusual Presentation of an Osmotic Demyelination Syndrome in a Patient with Panhypopituitarism. American Academy of Neurology 67th Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, April 2015, 2015.
- Varghese J. The Man Who Stopped Speaking: An Unusual Presentation of Osmotic Demyelination in a Patient with Pan-hypopituitarism. American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE) Annual Meeting, Houston, Texas, 2014.
- Varghese J. Role of Cytotoxic Chemotherapy in Advanced Differentiated Thyroid Cancer–Review of the MD Anderson Experience. 14th International Thyroid Congress, Paris, France, 2010.