About Dr. Rexer
Assistant Professor, Department of Department of Neuro-Oncology, Section of Neuropsychology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Clinical Adjunct Faculty, University of Houston, Houston, TX
|2001||The University of Houston, Houston, TX, USA, PHD, Clinical Neuropsychology|
|1997||The University of Houston, Houston, TX, USA, MA, Psychology|
|1990||The University of Houston, Houston, TX, USA, BS, Psychology|
|2001-2002||Clinical Residency, Clinical Neuropsychology, Barrow Neurological Institute, St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ|
|2012||American Board of Professional Psychology, Board Certified in Clinical Neuropsychology|
Adjunct Assistant Professor, University of Houston, Department of Psychology, Houston, TX, 2010 - Present
Institutional Committee Activities
Chair, Non-Physician Clinical Education Committee, 2012 - Present
Vice Chair, Non-Physician Clinical Education Committee, 2011 - 2012
Member, Non-Physician Clinical Education Committee, 2009 - Present
- Noll KR, Bradshaw ME, Rexer J, Wefel JS. Neuropsychological Practice in the Oncology Setting. Arch Clin Neuropsychol 33(3):344-353, 2018. PMID: 29718081.
- Borgaro SR, Prigatano GP, Kwasnica C, Rexer JL.. Cognitive and affective sequelae in complicated and uncomplicated mild traumatic brain injury. Brain Inj 17(3):189, 2003. PMID: 12623495.
- Hayman LA, Rexer JL, Pavol MA, Strite D, Meyers CA. Klüver-Bucy syndrome after bilateral selective damage of amygdala and its cortical connections. J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 10(3):354-8, 1998. PMID: 9706545.
- Pavol MA, Meyers CA, Rexer JL, Valentine AD, Mattis PJ, Talpaz M. Patterns of neurobehavioral deficits associated with interferon alfa therapy for leukemia. Neurology 45(5):947-50, 1995. PMID: 7746412.
- Hiscock M, Hillis SK, Rexer JL. Dual-task interference patterns reveal differential processing of upright and inverted faces. Brain and Cognition 28(2):155, 1995. PMID: 7546670.
- Mortel KF, Pavol MA, Wood S, Meyer JS, Tarayama Y, Rexer JL, Herod B. Prospective studies of cerebral perfusion and cognitive testing among elderly normal volunteers and patients with ischemic vascular dementia and Alzheimers disease. Angiology 45(3):171, 1994. PMID: 8129197.
- Mortel KF, Wood S, Pavol MA, Meyer JS, Rexer JL. Analysis of familial and individual risk factors among patients with ischemic vascular dementia and Alzheimer's disease. Angiology 44(8):599-605, 1993. PMID: 8342875.
- Mortel KF, Wood S, Pavol MA, Meyer JS, Rexer JL. Personal and familial risk factors among Alzheimers and vascular dementia patients. Angiology 44:599, 1993.
- Rexer JL. Neuropsychological evaluations of the cancer patient, Cancer Rehabilitation. In: Rehabilitation Medicine Quick Reference Series. Demos Medical Publishing, 2013.