About Dr. Vu Pozadzides
Dr. Pozadzides earned her medical degree from The University of Texas Medical School, where she also completed her residency in Internal Medicine. She completed two fellowships in Hematology and Medical Oncology at MD Anderson Cancer Center. Dr. Pozadzides has authored and co-authored numerous articles in peer-reviewed journals on cancer-related topics, and has taken part in several MD Anderson research projects. She frequently lectures at local, regional and national education events and serves on various committees at MD Anderson and local hospitals. While Dr. Pozadzides considers herself a generalist, she has published research on lymphoma and gastrointestinal cancers, and she has spent considerable time treating women's cancers, lung, head and neck cancers. She is a collaborator in many clinical trials that are available in The Woodlands where she offers her patients personalized care. Dr. Pozadzides won the 2012 Janice David Singletary Fellowship for Lymphoma Award at MD Anderson and a 2011 Abstract Achievement Award from the American Society of Hematology for her scholarly work. The doctor participates in multidisciplinary conferences and gives input twice weekly in patient-focused conferences involving local physicians in The Woodlands. She is active in The Woodlands and Houston cancer prevention and volunteer community. She has participated in many community outreach programs with breast cancer, leukemia and lymphoma, and also mentors high school students. Community service is an important part of her life and she believes in giving back and helping those who are in need. Dr. Pozadzides prides herself on getting to know her patients and their family on a personal level. Further, she works hard to educate, inspire and bring together those touched by cancer. Dr. Pozadzides understands that cancer doesn't just affect the body, but also our families, work life, psychology, personal finances and so much more. Together with her husband and three daughters, Dr. Pozadzides lives in The Woodlands. She is Vietnamese and her husband is Greek. They love to travel and have been to a few continents. She loves to get to know people from different backgrounds and teaches her children to do the same.
Associate Professor, Department of General Oncology, Division of Hematology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Associate Professor, Department of Thoracic/Head and Neck Medical Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2005||The University of Texas Medical School-Houston, Houston, TX, USA, MD, Doctor of Medicine|
|2000||The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA, BA, Biology|
|2009-2012||Hematology and Medical Oncology Fellowship, Hematology and Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2007-2009||Residency in Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine, The University of Texas - Houston, Houston, TX|
|2006-2007||Research Fellowship, T-Cell Lymphoma Research Fellowship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2005-2006||Internship in Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine, The University of Texas - Houston, Houston, TX|
|2012||Medical Oncology Board Certified|
|2012||Hematology Board Certified|
|2009||Internal Medicine Board Certified|
Clinical Specialist, Department of General Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2009 - 2012
|2013||Super Doctors Texas Rising Stars|
|2012||The Janice Davis Singletary Fellowship for Lymphoma Award|
|2011||ASH Abstract Achievement Award|
|2003||Recipient of the Medical School Outstanding Community Service Award from the Office of Community and Educational Outreach|
|2002||Recipient of the Medical School Scholarship for the London Research Project in antimicrobial resistance|
|2002||Recipient of the Medical School Committee on the Status of Women Scholarship for returning to London|
|1999||Voted as Habitat for Humanity Campus Chapter Best Financial Officer|
|1999||National Keystone Honors Society|
|1997||University of Texas at Austin Honors|
- Jahan-Tigh RR, Huen AO, Lee GL, Pozadzides JV, Liu P, Duvic M. Hydrochlorothiazide and Cutaneous T cell Lymphoma: Prospective analysis and case series. Cancer 119(4):825-31, 2013. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22952039.
- Overman MJ, Pozadzides J, Kopetz S, Wen S, Abbruzzese JL, Wolff RA, Wang H. Immunophenotype and Molecular Characterisation of Adenocarcinoma of the Small Intestine. Br J Cancer 102(1):144-50, 2010. e-Pub 2009. PMID: 19935793.
- Talpur R, Vu J, Bassett R, Stevens V, Duvic M. Phase I/II Randomized Bilateral Half-head Comparison of Topical Bexarotene 1% Gel for Alopecia Areata. J Am Acad Dermatol 61(4):592.e1-9, 2009. e-Pub 2009. PMID: 19682769.
- Vu J, Bangert S, Hebert A. Association of Pollo and Skin Cancer: A case study. Archives of Dermatology, 2007.
- Vu J, Wallace GR, Singh R, Diwan H, Prieto V, Rady P, Tyring S, Duvic M. Common Variable Immunodeficiency Syndrome Associated with Epidermodysplasia Verruciformis. Am J Clin Dermatol 8(5):307-10, 2007. PMID: 17902733.
- Creed RD, Vu J, Duvic M. Alopecia Areata and Mycosis Fungoides: HLA Association. The Internet Journal of Dermatology(ISSN 1531-3018), 2012.
- Pozadzides JV, Pro B. Hepatosplenic T-cell Lymphoma and TNF-α Inhibitors. Expert Rev Hematol 2(6):611-4, 2009. PMID: 21082951.
- Duvic M, Vu J. Update on the Treatment of Cutaneous T-cell Lymphoma (CTCL): Focus on vorinostat. Biologics 1(4):377-92, 2007. PMID: 19707308.
- Duvic M, Vu J. Vorinostat in cutaneous T-cell lymphoma. Drugs Today (Barc) 43(9):585-99, 2007. PMID: 17940636.
- Duvic M, Vu J. Vorinostat: A New Oral Histone Deacetylase Inhibitor Approved for Cutaneous T-cell Lymphoma. Expert Opin Investig Drugs 16(7):1111-20, 2007. PMID: 17594194.
- Pozadzides J, Keating M, Wierda W, O'Brien S, Burger J, JOrgensen J, Calin S, Wang SA, Loerner S, Ferrajoli. Initial Experience with Lenalidomide as Consolidation Treatment in Patients with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia and Residual Disease after Chemotherapy. American Society of Hematology (ASH), 2011.
- Pozadzides J. Association of Polio and Skin Cancer, 65th Annual Meeting, Washington DC. American Academy of Dermatology, 2007. e-Pub 2007.
- Pozadzides J. Dermatofibromas in a Patient of Mycosis Fungoides-Are They Related in Immunosuppression, 43rd Annual Meeting, Chicago, Illinois. The American Society of Dermatopathology, 2006. e-Pub 2006.
- Pozadzides J. Necrotizing Granulomatous Dermatitis and Panniculities Masquerating as T-Cell Lymphoma 43rd Annual Meeting, Chicago, Illinois. The American Society of Dermatopathology, 2006. e-Pub 2006.
- Pozadzides J, Duvic M and Pro B.. T-Cell Lymphomas. In: The MD Anderson 2nd Edition of the Manual of Medical Oncology, 2010.