Meet Jessica Suarez Colen, M.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Breast Surgical Oncology, Division of Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2007||University of Texas of Public Health, Houston, TX, USA, MPH, Public Health|
|2004||University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX, USA, MD, Medicine|
|2000||University of Texas, Austin, TX, USA, BA, Psychology and Liberal Arts|
|2010-2011||Clinical Fellowship, Breast Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2004-2010||Clinical Residency, General Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX|
|2012||American Board of Surgery|
Assistant Professor, Department of Surgical Oncology, Division of Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2010 - 2019
Member, Residents Council, Houston, TX, 2009 - 2010
Administrative Chief Resident, Baylor Residency Program, Houston, TX, 2009 - 2010
President, Physicians for Human Rights, Student Chapter, University of Texas SW MS, Dallas, TX, 2003 - 2004
Vice President, Texas Medical Student Association - University of Texas, Dallas, TX, 2002 - Present
Consultant, MD Anderson Physicians Network, Houston, Texas, 2016 - Present
|2017||1% Top Performer Nationally, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2011||Corynne S. Uhl Award, Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2006||Outstanding New Student Tuition Scholarship, University of Texas School of Public Health|
|1996||Texas Scholarship for Academic Achievement, University of Texas- Austin|
|1996||University and Departmental Honors, University of Texas- Austin|
- Rose JF, Colen JS, Ellsworth WA. Reduction and Mastopexy Techniques for Optimal Results in Oncoplastic Breast Reconstruction. Semin Plast Surg 29(2), 2015. e-Pub 2015.
- Santiago L, Volk RJ, Checka CM, Black D, Lee J, Colen JS, Akay C, Caudle A, Kuerer H, Arribas EM. Acceptability of 3D-printed breast models and their impact on the decisional conflict of breast cancer patients: A feasibility study. J Surg Oncol. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33577715.
- Rose J, Colen J, Ellsworth W.. Reduction and Mastopexy Techniques for Optimal Results in Oncoplastic Breast Reconstruction. Seminars Plastic Surgery(29):102-109, 2015.
- Suarez J, Arthur D, Woodward W, Kuerer HM. Breast Preservation in patients with local recurrence after breast conserving therapy. Current Breast Cancer Reports 3(2):88-96, 2011. e-Pub 2011.
- Suarez J, Kuerer, HM. Influence of Margin Status on Outcomes in Lobular Carcinoma: Experience of the European Institute of Oncology. Breast Diseases: A Year Book Quarterly, 2011.