Professor, Department of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, Division of Basic Science Research, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|1998||The University of Manitoba, National Research Council of Canada, Winnipeg, CAN, PHD, Biophysics|
|1992||The University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, CAN, MS, Physics|
|1989||The University of Winnipeg, Winnipeg, CAN, BS, Physics|
Assistant Professor, Division of Quantitative Sciences, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2010 - 2010
Associate Professor, Division of Division of Quantitative Sciences, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2010 - 2017
Instructor, Department of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, Division of Quantitative Sciences, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2004 - 2010
Research Associate, Department of Biostatistics, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2000 - 2004
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Vascular Cell Biology Lab, Texas Heart Institute/ University of Texas Houston Medical School, Houston, TX, 1999 - 2000
Technical Officer, Institute for Biodiagnostics, National Research Council of Canada, Winnipeg, 1994 - 1999
Instructor II, Department of Department of Physics, University of Winnipeg, Manitoba, 1992 - 1993
Teaching Assistant, Department of Department of Physics, University of Winnipeg, Manitoba, 1989 - 1992
Teaching Assistant, Department of Department of Physics, University of Winnipeg, Manitoba, 1986 - 1989
|2002||Best Presentation, CAPDA 2002|
|2002||Best Presentation, CAMDA 2002|
|2001||Best Presentation, CAMDA 2001|
|1995||Best Presentation, American College of Surgeons, Manitoba Chapter|
- Ihle NT, Byers LA, Kim ES, Saintigny P, Lee JJ, Blumenschein GR, Tsao A, Liu S, Larsen JE, Wang J, Diao L, Coombes KR, Chen L, Zhang S, Abdelmelek MF, Tang X, Papadimitrakopoulou V, Minna JD, Lippman SM, Hong WK, Herbst RS, Wistuba II, Heymach JV, Powis G. Effect of KRAS oncogene substitutions on protein behavior: implications for signaling and clinical outcome. J Natl Cancer Inst 104(3):228-39, 2012. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22247021.
- Wan X, Liu J, Lu JF, Tzelepi V, Yang J, Starbuck MW, Diao L, Wang J, Efstathiou E, Vazquez ES, Troncoso P, Maity SN, Navone NM. Activation of β-catenin signaling in androgen receptor-negative prostate cancer cells. Clin Cancer Res 18(3):726-36, 2012. PMID: 22298898.
- He Y, Zhou Z, Hofstetter WL, Zhou Y, Hu W, Guo C, Wang L, Guo W, Pataer A, Correa AM, Lu Y, Wang J, Diao L, Byers LA, Wistuba II, Roth JA, Swisher SG, Heymach JV, Fang B. Aberrant expression of proteins involved in signal transduction and DNA repair pathways in lung cancer and their association with clinical parameters. PLoS One 7(2):e31087, 2012. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22348039.
- Agrawal N, Frederick MJ, Pickering CR, Bettegowda C, Chang K, Li RJ, Fakhry C, Xie TX, Zhang J, Wang J, Zhang N, El-Naggar AK, Jasser SA, Weinstein JN, Treviño L, Drummond JA, Muzny DM, Wu Y, Wood LD, Hruban RH, Westra WH, Koch WM, Califano JA, Gibbs RA, Sidransky D, Vogelstein B, Velculescu VE, Papadopoulos N, Wheeler DA, Kinzler KW, Myers JN. Exome Sequencing of Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma Reveals Inactivating Mutations in NOTCH1. Science 333(6046):1154-7, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21798897.
- Kim YW, Liu TJ, Koul D, Tiao N, Feroze AH, Wang J, Powis G, Yung WK. Identification of novel synergistic targets for rational drug combinations with PI3 kinase inhibitors using siRNA synthetic lethality screening against GBM. Neuro Oncol 13(4):367-75, 2011. PMID: 21430111.
- Wang J, Wen S, Symmans WF, Pusztai L, Coombes KR. The Bimodality Index: A Criterion for Discovering and Ranking Bimodal Signatures from Cancer Gene Expression Profiling Data. Cancer Inform 7:199-216, 2009. PMID: 19718451.
- Li ZG, Mathew P, Yang J, Starbuck MW, Zurita AJ, Liu J, Sikes C, Multani AS, Efstathiou E, Lopez A, Wang J, Fanning TV, Prieto VG, Kundra V, Vazquez ES, Troncoso P, Raymond AK, Logothetis CJ, Lin SH, Maity S, Navone NM. Androgen receptor-negative human prostate cancer cells induce osteogenesis in mice through FGF9-mediated mechanisms. J Clin Invest 118(8):2697-710, 2008. PMID: 18618013.
- Tordai A, Wang J, Andre F, Liedtke C, Yan K, Sotiriou C, Hortobagyi GN, Symmans WF, Pusztai L. Evaluation of biological pathways involved in chemotherapy response in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res 10(2):R37, 2008. e-Pub 2008. PMID: 18445275.
- Esteva FJ, Wang J, Lin F, Mejia JA, Yan K, Altundag K, Valero V, Buzdar AU, Hortobagyi GN, Symmans WF, Pusztai L. CD40 Signaling Predicts Response to Preoperative Trastuzumab and Concomitant Paclitaxel Followed by 5-Fluorouracil, Epirubicin, and Cyclophosphamide in HER-2-Overexpressing Breast Cancer. Breast Cancer Res 9(6):R87, 2007. PMID: 18086299.
- Abruzzo LV, Wang J, Kapoor M, Medeiros LJ, Keating MJ, Edward Highsmith W, Barron LL, Cromwell CC, Coombes KR. Biological validation of differentially expressed genes in chronic lymphocytic leukemia identified by applying multiple statistical methods to oligonucleotide microarrays. J Mol Diagn 7(3):357-67, 2005. PMID: 16049305.
- Stec J, Wang J, Coombes K, Ayers M, Hoersch S, Gold D, Ross J, Hess K, Tirrell S, Linette G, Hortobagyi G, Symmans W, Pusztai L. Cross platform comparison of multi-gene predictors of response to neoadjuvant paclitaxel/FAC chemotherapy in breast cancer generated by cDNA arrays and Affymetrix GeneChips from the same RNA. J Mol Diagn 7:337-45, 2005. PMID: 16049308.
- Hu L, Wang J, Baggerly K, Wang H, Fuller GN, Hamilton SR, Coombes KR, Zhang W. Obtaining reliable information from minute amounts of RNA using cDNA microarrays. BMC Genomics 3(1):1-8, 2002. e-Pub 2002. PMID: 12086591.
- Wang J, Do K, Wen S, Tsavachidis S, McDonnell T, Coombes K.. Correlating microarray gene expression measurements with Gleason scores and identifying biomarkers to distinguish prostate cancer stages: A meta-analysis approach. Eastern North American Regional/International Biometric Society (ENAR) 2005, Austin, TX, 2005.
|Title:||Comprehensive Analysis of Genetic and Epigenetic Changes in Oral Cancer|
|Funding Source:||Cancer Prevention & Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT)|
|Title:||Developing New Rational, Personalized Medicine for Lung Cancer Based on Understanding of Lung Cancer Molecular and Cellular Biology|
|Funding Source:||UT Southwestern Medical Center|
|Title:||Identification of molecular targets and pathways that contribute to drug sensitivity or resistance to the MEK inhibitor AZD6244 alone or in combination with PI3k/AKT inhibitors in NSCLC|