About Dr. Jo Ishizawa
Dr. Ishizawa's first training and faculty appointment was in Japan, where he received his MD and PhD degrees. From 2004 to 2007, he worked at Keio University Hospital as an intern and resident followed by a one year training as clinical fellow in the Department of Hematology. In 2007, Dr. Ishizawa entered the PhD program and conducted his thesis work on investigating the role of the cell cycle regulator Cdh1 in the hematopoietic system and a mouse lymphoma model at Professor Hideyuki Saya's laboratory at Keio University. After receiving his PhD degree in 2011, Dr. Ishizawa moved back to clinical service work at an attending physician for two years while continuing his laboratory work as a physician scientist. In April 2013, Dr. Ishizawa joined MD Anderson as a postdoctoral fellow under the supervision of Dr. Michael Andreeff. Based on several translational research achievements on leukemia and lymphoma (e.g., pre-clinical study of MDM2 inhibition, correlative studies in clinical trials in MDM2 inhibitors, pre-clinical studies on organellar unfolded protein response), Dr. Ishizawa was promoted to Instructor in the Department of Leukemia in January 2017. Dr. Ishizawa's vision is to develop optimally effective treatments that will cure patients with hematological malignancies. To this end, his mission is to become an independent translational cancer researcher who is able to merge basic and clinical science. In this aspect, Dr. Ishizawa's research goal is to create novel therapeutic rationale to eliminate acute leukemia and aggressive lymphomas, currently focusing on mitochondrial biology and mechanisms of apoptosis in leukemia and lymphoma.
Assistant Professor, Department of Leukemia - Research, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2011||Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, JPN, PHD, Hematology|
|2004||Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, JPN, MD, Medicine|
|2013-2017||Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2006-2007||Clinical Fellowship, Internal Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo|
|2005-2006||Clinical Residency, Japanese Red Cross Shizuoka Hospital, Shizuoka|
|2004-2005||Clinical Residency, Keio University Hospital, Tokyo|
|2008||Japanese Society of Hematology|
|2007||Japanese Society of Internal Medicine|
|2004||Japanese Board of Cancer Therapy|
Instructor, Department of Leukemia - Research, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2017 - 2018
Postdoctoral Fellow, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2013 - 2017
Clinical Fellow, Keio University Hospital - Division of Hematology, Tokyo, 2009 - 2011
Resident, Keio University Hospital, Tokyo, 2006 - 2009
Intern, Japanese Red Cross Shizuoka Hospital, Shizuoka, 2005 - 2006
Intern, Keio University Hospital, Tokyo, 2004 - 2005
|2015||Abstract Achievement Award, American Society of Hematology|
|2013||Abstract Achievement Award, American Society of Hematology|
|2011||Selected as Co-Leader, Academy of Cancer Experts in Japan|
|2005||Best Resident in Emergency Medicine Award, Keio University Hospital|
|2004||Scholarship, Keio University, School of Medicine|
|2001||Scholarship, Keio University, School of Medicine|
|2000||Scholarship, Keio University, School of Medicine|
- Ishizawa J, Zarabi SF, Davis RE, Halgas O, Nii T, Jitkova Y, Zhao R, St-Germain J, Heese LE, Egan G, Ruvolo VR, Barghout SH, Nishida Y, Hurren R, Ma W, Gronda M, Link T, Wong K, Mabanglo M, Kojima K, Borthakur G, MacLean N, Ma MCJ, Leber AB, Minden MD, Houry W, Kantarjian H, Stogniew M, Raught B, Pai EF, Schimmer AD, Andreeff M. Mitochondrial ClpP-mediated proteolysis induces selective cancer cell lethality. Cancer Cell 35(5):721-737.e9, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31056398.
- Piya S, Mu H, Bhattacharya S, Lorenzi PL, Davis RE, McQueen T, Ruvolo V, Baran N, Wang Z, Qian Y, Crews CM, Konopleva M, Ishizawa J, You MJ, Kantarjian H, Andreeff M, Borthakur G. BETP degradation simultaneously targets acute myelogenous leukemia stem cells and the microenvironment. J Clin Invest 129(5):1878-1894, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 30829648.
- Zhang W, Ly C, Ishizawa J, Mu H, Ruvolo V, Shacham S, Daver N, Andreeff M. Combinatorial targeting of XPO1 and FLT3 exerts synergistic anti-leukemia effects through induction of differentiation and apoptosis in FLT3-mutated acute myeloid leukemias: from concept to clinical trial. Haematologica 103(10):1642-1653, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29773601.
- Maeda A, Nishida Y, Weetall M, Cao L, Branstrom A, Ishizawa J, Nii T, Schober WD, Abe Y, Matsue K, Yoshimura M, Kimura S, Kojima K. Targeting of BMI-1 expression by the novel small molecule PTC596 in mantle cell lymphoma. Oncotarget 9(47):28547-28560, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29983879.
- Ishizawa J, Nakamaru K, Seki T, Tazaki K, Kojima K, Chachad D, Zhao R, Heese L, Ma W, Ma MCJ, DiNardo C, Pierce S, Patel KP, Tse A, Davis RE, Rao A, Andreeff M. Predictive gene signatures determine tumor sensitivity to MDM2 inhibition. Cancer Res 78(10):2721-2731, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29490944.
- Tu YS, He J, Liu H, Lee HC, Wang H, Ishizawa J, Allen JE, Andreeff M, Orlowski RZ, Davis RE, Yang J. The Imipridone ONC201 Induces Apoptosis and Overcomes Chemotherapy Resistance by Up-Regulation of Bim in Multiple Myeloma. Neoplasia 19(10):772-780, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28863346.
- Ishizawa J, Sugihara E, Kuninaka S, Mogushi K, Kojima K, Benton CB, Zhao R, Chachad D, Hashimoto N, Jacamo RO, Qiu Y, Yoo SY, Okamoto S, Andreeff M, Kornblau SM, Saya H. FZR1 loss increases sensitivity to DNA damage and consequently promotes murine and human B cell acute leukemia. Blood 129(14):1958-1968, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28143883.
- Tabe Y, Yamamoto S, Saitoh K, Sekihara K, Monma N, Ikeo K, Mogushi K, Shikami M, Ruvolo V, Ishizawa J, Hail N, Kazuno S, Igarashi M, Matsushita H, Yamanaka Y, Arai H, Nagaoka I, Miida T, Hayashizaki Y, Konopleva M, Andreeff M. Survival of acute monocytic leukemia cells is driven by fatty acid oxidation-mediated activation of AMPK in bone marrow adipocytes. Cancer Res 77(6):1453-1464, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28108519.
- Nishida Y, Maeda A, Kim MJ, Cao L, Kubota Y, Ishizawa J, AlRawi A, Kato Y, Iwama A, Fujisawa M, Matsue K, Weetall M, Dumble M, Andreeff M, Davis TW, Branstrom A, Kimura S, Kojima K. The novel BMI-1 inhibitor PTC596 downregulates MCL-1 and induces p53-independent mitochondrial apoptosis in acute myeloid leukemia progenitor cells. Blood Cancer J 7(2):e527, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28211885.
- Allen JE, Kline CL, Prabhu VV, Wagner J, Ishizawa J, Madhukar N, Lev A, Baumeister M, Zhou L, Lulla A, Stogniew M, Schalop L, Benes C, Kaufman HL, Pottorf RS, Nallaganchu BR, Olson GL, Al-Mulla F, Duvic M, Wu GS, Dicker DT, Talekar MK, Lim B, Elemento O, Oster W, Bertino J, Flaherty K, Wang ML, Borthakur G, Andreeff M, Stein M, El-Deiry WS.. Discovery and clinical introduction of first-in-class imipridone ONC201. Oncotarget 7(45):74380-74392, 2016. PMID: 27602582.
- Kojima K, Ishizawa J, Andreeff M.. Pharmacological activation of wild-type p53 in the therapy of leukemia. Exp Hematol 44(9):791-8, 2016. PMID: 27327543.
- Ishizawa J, Kojima K, Chachad D, Ruvolo P, Ruvolo V, Jacamo RO, Borthakur G, Mu H, Zeng Z, Tabe Y, Allen JE, Wang Z, Ma W, Lee HC, Orlowski R, Sarbassov D, Lorenzi PL, Neelapu SS, McDonnell T, Miranda RN, Wang M, Kantarjian H, Konopleva M, Davis RE, Andreeff M. ATF4 induction through an atypical integrated stress response to ONC201 triggers p53-independent apoptosis in hematological malignancies. Sci Signal 16(9):415, 2016. PMID: 26884599.
- Nishida Y, Maeda A, Chachad D, Ishizawa J, Qiu YH, Kornblau SM, Kimura S, Andreeff M, Kojima K. Preclinical activity of the novel B-cell-specific Moloney murine leukemia virus integration site 1 inhibitor PTC-209 in acute myeloid leukemia: Implications for leukemia therapy. Cancer Sci 106(12):1705-13, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26450753.
- Ishizawa J, Kojima K, Hail N Jr, Tabe Y, Andreeff M. Expression, function, and targeting of the nuclear exporter chromosome region maintenance 1 (CRM1) protein. Pharmacol Ther 153:25-35, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26048327.
- Tabe Y, Kojima K, Yamamoto S, Sekihara K, Matsushita H, Davis RE, Wang Z, Ma W, Ishizawa J, Kazuno S, Kauffman M, Shacham S, Fujimura T, Ueno T, Miida T, Andreeff M.. Ribosomal Biogenesis and Translational Flux Inhibition by the Selective Inhibitor of Nuclear Export (SINE) XPO1 Antagonist KPT-185. PLoS One 10(9):e0137210, 2015. PMID: 26340096.
- Ishizawa J, Kojima K, McQueen T, Ruvolo V, Chachad D, Nogueras-Gonzalez GM, Huang X, Pierceall WE, Dettman EJ, Cardone MH, Shacham S, Konopleva M, Andreeff M.. Mitochondrial Profiling of Acute Myeloid Leukemia in the Assessment of Response to Apoptosis Modulating Drugs. PLoS One 10(9):e1038377, 2015. PMID: 26375587.
- Yoshimura M, Ishizawa J, Ruvolo V, Dilip A, Quintás-Cardama A, McDonnell TJ, Neelapu SS, Kwak LW, Shacham S, Kauffman M, Tabe Y, Yokoo M, Kimura S, Andreeff M, Kojima K.. Induction of p53-mediated transcription and apoptosis by exportin-1 (XPO1) inhibition in mantle cell lymphoma. Cancer Sci 105(7):795-801, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24766216.
- Naoe H, Chiyoda T, Ishizawa J, Masuda K, Saya H, Kuninaka S. The APC/C activator Cdh1 regulates the G2/M transition during differentiation of placental trophoblast stem cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 430(2):757-62, 2013. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 23206702.
- Ueda T, Iino R, Yokoyama K, Okamoto S, Asakura K, Tsukada Y, Ishizawa J, Matsuki E, Ikeda Y, Hattori Y. Post-transplant consolidation therapy using thalidomide alone for the patients with multiple myeloma: a feasibility study in Japanese population. Int J Hematol 96(4):477-84, 2012. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22949139.
- Ishizawa J, Mori T, Tsukada Y, Matsuki E, Yokoyama K, Shimizu T, Sugita K, Murata M, Iwata S, Okamoto S. [Recurrent cellulitis due to Helicobacter cinaedi after chemotherapy for malignant lymphoma]. Rinsho Ketsueki 53(6):623-7, 2012. PMID: 22790638.
- Chiyoda T, Sugiyama N, Shimizu T, Naoe H, Kobayashi Y, Ishizawa J, Arima Y, Tsuda H, Ito M, Kaibuchi K, Aoki D, Ishihama Y, Saya H, Kuninaka S. LATS1/WARTS phosphorylates MYPT1 to counteract PLK1 and regulate mammalian mitotic progression. J Cell Biol 197(5):625-41, 2012. PMID: 22641346.
- Sugihara E, Shimizu T, Kojima K, Onishi N, Kai K, Ishizawa J, Nagata K, Hashimoto N, Honda H, Kanno M, Miwa M, Okada S, Andreeff M, Saya H.. Ink4a and Arf are crucial factors in the determination of the cell of origin and the therapeutic sensitivity of Myc-induced mouse lymphoid tumor. Oncogene 31(23):2849-61, 2011. PMID: 21986948.
- Kobayashi Y, Shimizu T, Naoe H, Ueki A, Ishizawa J, Chiyoda T, Onishi N, Sugihara E, Nagano O, Banno K, Kuninaka S, Aoki D, Saya H.. Establishment of a choriocarcinoma model from immortalized normal extravillous trophoblast cells transduced with HRASV12. Am J Pathol 179(3):1471-82, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21787741.
- Ishizawa J, Kuninaka S, Sugihara E, Naoe H, Kobayashi Y, Chiyoda T, Ueki A, Araki K, Yamamura K, Matsuzaki Y, Nakajima H, Ikeda Y, Okamoto S, Saya H. The cell cycle regulator Cdh1 controls the pool sizes of hematopoietic stem cells and mature lineage progenitors by protecting from genotoxic stress. Cancer Sci 102(5):967-74, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21255192.
- Naoe H, Araki K, Nagano O, Kobayashi Y, Ishizawa J, Chiyoda T, Shimizu T, Yamamura K, Sasaki Y, Saya H, Kuninaka S. The anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome activator Cdh1 modulates Rho GTPase by targeting p190 RhoGAP for degradation. Mol Cell Biol 30(16):3994-4005, 2010. e-Pub 2010. PMID: 20530197.
- Ishizawa J, Saya H. [Current clinical trials using new targeted therapies for myeloid leukemia and the research trends]. Nihon Rinsho 67(10):1932-7, 2009. PMID: 19860193.
- Ishizawa J, Fujita H, Iguchi M, Tachibana T, Taguchi J, Ishigatsubo Y. Quantification of circulating varicella-zoster virus DNA for follow-up in a case of visceral varicella-zoster infection ameliorated with intravenous acyclovir. Int J Hematol 85(3):242-5, 2007. PMID: 17483062.
- Ishizawa J, Yoshida S, Oya M, Mizuno R, Shinojima T, Marumo K, Murai M. Inhibition of the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway activates stress kinases and induces apoptosis in renal cancer cells. Int J Oncol 25(3):697-702, 2004. PMID: 15289872.
- Nii T, Prabhu VV, Ruvolo V, Madhukar N, Zhao R, Mu H, Heese L, Kojima K, Garnett MJ, McDermott U, Benes CH, Charter N, Deacon S, Elemento O, Allen JE, Oster W, Stogniew M, Ishizawa J*, Andreeff M. Imipridone ONC212 activates orphan G protein-coupled receptor GPR132 and integrated stress response in acute myeloid leukemia. Leukemia.
- Nii T, Ishizawa J, Prabhu VV, Ruvolo V, Madhukar N,Zhao R, Mu H, Heese L, Kojima K, Garnett MJ, McDermott U, Benes CH, Charter N, Deacon S, Elemento O, Allen JE, Oster W, Stogniew M, Andreeff M. The novel imipridone ONC212 highly synergizes with the BCL-2 inhibitor ABT-199 in AML and activates orphan receptor GPR132. AACR, 2018 Oral Presentation (Ishizawa), 2018.
- Nishida Y, Ishizawa J, Ruvolo V, Andreeff M. TP73 isoforms (TAp73 and delta-Np73) are overexpressed in acute myeloid leukemias and potential therapeutic targets to enhance anti-leukemia activities of Bcl-2 and MDM2 inhibitors. ASH 2018 132(Suppl 1), 2018.
- Ishizawa J, Nii T, Zhao R, Heese L, Nishida Y, Borthakur G, Kojima K, Allen J, Prabhu V, Davis RE, Andreeff M. Dual targeting of mitochondrial unfolded protein response and BCL2 in acute myeloid leukemia. Japanese Society of Hematology (JSH) 2018, 2018.
- Nii T, Ishizawa J, Prabhu VV, Ruvolo V, Madhukar N, Zhao R, Mu H, Heese L, Kojima K, Garnett MJ, McDermott U, Benes CH, Charter N, Deacon S, Elemento O, Allen JE, Oster W, Stogniew M, Andreeff M. The novel imipridone ONC212 induces pronounced anti-leukemia effects in vitro and in vivo and is highly synergistic with the Bcl-2 inhibitor ABT-199. Blood 130, 2017.
- Ishizawa J, Zhao R, Heese L, Jaeger A, Nishida Y, Jacamo RO, Kojima K, Ma MCJ, Ruvolo V, Chachad D, Devine W, Lindquist S, Davis RE, Porco, Jr. JA, Whitesell L, and Andreeff M. Inhibition of Translation Initiation and Heat Shock Factor 1 (HSF1): a novel strategy targeting FLT3 double mutant and non-FLT3 mutant AML progenitor/stem cells. Blood 130, 2017.
- Ishizawa J, Nakamaru K, Tazaki K, Seki T, Kojima K, Chachad D, DiNardo C, Pierce S, Patel KP, Tse A, Davis RE, Rao A, Andreeff M. Discovery of predictive gene signatures for tumor sensitivity to MDM2 inhibition in development of a novel MDM2 inhibitor DS-3032b. Blood 128, 2016.
- Borthakur G, Ishizawa J, DiNardo CD, Kadia TM, Weise K, Allen JE, Oster W, Cortes JE, Kantarjian HM and Andreeff M. A Phase I/II Clinical Trial of the First-in-Class GPCR Antagonist ONC201 in Relapsed/Refractory Acute Leukemias. Blood 128, 2016.
- Nii T, Ishizawa J, Zhao R, Zeng J, Chachad D, Kojima K, Konopleva M, Davis RE, Allen JE, Stogniew M and Andreeff M. ONC212 Is a Potent Member of the Imipridone Class of Anti-Cancer Compounds That Induces p53-Independent Apoptosis in Hematological Malignancies. Blood 128, 2016.
- Chachad D, Ishizawa J, Danter WR, Mills G, Andreeff M and Kojima K. The Novel Thiosemicarbazone Derivative Coti-2 Induces Mitochondrial Apoptosis in Acute Myeloid Leukemia Cells Via a p53-Independent Mechanism. Blood 128, 2016.
- Zeng J, Soragni A, Ishizawa J, Ruvolo V, Benton CB, McQueen T, Ruvolo P, Qi Y, Su X, Burks J, Eisenberg DS and Andreeff M. Targeting Aggregation of Wilde-Type p53 and Mutant p53 with ReACp53 As a Novel Therapeutic Concept for AML. Blood 128, 2016.
- Ishizawa J, Jacamo RO, Kojima K, Chachad D, Ruvolo V, Ruvolo P, Zhang W, Tabe Y, Konopleva M, Devine W, Lindquist S, Porco JA, Jr., Whitesell L, Andreeff M.. Inactivating Heat Shock Factor 1 (HSF1) in Acute Myeloid Leukemia by Pharmacological Inhibition of eIF4a: A Promising Therapeutic Approach. Blood 126, 2015.
- Ishizawa J, Kojima K, Chachad D, Ruvolo P, Ruvolo V, Jacamo RO, Borthakur G, Mu H, Zeng Z, Tabe Y, Allen JE, Wang Z, Ma W, Lee HC, Orlowski RZ, Sarbassov D, Neelapu SS, McDonnell T, Miranda RN, Wang M, Kantarjian H, Konopleva M, Davis RE, Andreeff M. ONC201 Induces p53-independent apoptosis and abrogates Stem Cell Function in Hematological Malignancies by Induction of ATF4 Through Integrated Stress Response. Blood 126, 2015.
- Zhang W, Ishizawa J, Mu H, Daver N, Ruvolo V and Andreeff M. Combinatorial Targeting of XPO1 and FLT3-ITD Exerts Synergistic Anti-Tumor Effects in FLT3-Mutated Acute Myeloid Leukemias. Blood 126, 2015.
- Ishizawa J, Nakamaru K, Seki T, Tazaki K, Kojima K, Chachad D, Tse A, Rao A, Andreeff M. Gene expression and TP53 mutation analysis predict sensitivity of leukemia cells to MDM2 inhibition by DS-3032b. AACR-NCI-EORTC Intl Conf, 2015.
- Prabhu VV, Ishizawa J, Zhao D, Allen JE, Batchelor TT, Chi AS, Andreeff M and El-Deiry WS. ONC201 Depletes Cancer Stem Cells in Refractory Cancer Patient Samples. Blood 124, 2014.
- Allen JE, Ishizawa J, El-Deiry WS and Andreeff M. ONC201 Possesses a Benign Safety Profile at Highly Efficacious Doses in Normal Human Cells and Animal Toxicology Studies. Blood 124, 2014.
- Nishida Y, Kojima K, Maeda A, Chachad D, Kitamura H, Ishizawa J, Andreef M, Kornblau SM and Kimura S. Prognostic Impact and Targeting of BMI-1 in Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Blood 124, 2014.
- Ishizawa J, Kojima K, Chachad D, Ruvolo P, Ruvolo VR, Jacamo R, Dilip A, Mu H, Zeng Z, Matre P, Allen JE, Neelapu SS, McDonnell TJ, Miranda RN, Kwak LW, Kantarjian HM, Konopleva M, Davis RE and Andreeff M. ONC201 Induces p53-Independent Apoptosis and Cell Cycle Arrest in Hematological Malignancies and Leukemic Stem/Progenitor Cells By Inducing ER Stress and mTOR Inhibition. Blood 124, 2014.
- Ishizawa J, Kojima K, Duvvuri SR, McQueen T, Ruvolo VR, Nogueras-Gonzalez GM, Huang X, Pierceall W, Cardone M, Lena R, Doykan C, Shacham S, Kauffman M, Konopleva M, Andreeff M. Mitochondrial Priming of New Targeted Agents in Acute Myeloid Leukemia. AACR, 2014.
- Ishizawa J, Sugihara E, Hashimoto N, Kuninaka S, Kojima K, Andreeff M, Okamoto S and Saya H. Loss of Function of The Cell Cycle Regulator Cdh1 Causes Cell Fragility due to Aberrant G2/M Checkpoint and Develops Resistant Disease in a B-ALL/LBL Mouse Model. Blood 122, 2013.
- Ishizawa J, Kojima K, Dilip A, Ruvolo VR, Carter BZ, Allen JE, Neelapu SS, McDonnell TJ, Talekar MK, El-Deiry WS, Kwak LW and Andreeff M. ONC201 Exerts p53-Independent Cytotoxicity Through TRAIL and DR5 Induction In Mantle Cell Lymphomas. Blood 122, 2013.
- Yoshimura M, Ishizawa J, Dilip A, Shacham S, Kauffman M, Tabe Y, Kimura S, Andreeff M and Kojima K. Induction Of p53 Transcription and Apoptosis By XPO1 Inhibition In Mantle Cell Lymphoma. Blood 122, 2013.
- Matsuki E, Ono Y, Tonegawa K, Sakurai M, Kunimoto H, Ishizawa J, Hashimoto N, Shimizu T, Yamane A, Matsushita M, Yokoyama K and Okamoto S. Detailed Investigation On Characteristics of Japanese Patients with Chronic Phase CML Who Achieved a Durable CMR After Discontinuation of Imatinib – an Updated Result of the Keio STIM Study. Blood 120, 2012.
- Sugihara E, Shimizu T, Kojima K, Ishizawa J, Andreeff M and Saya H. Arf and Ink4a Are Critical Factors Determining the Cell of Origin and Therapeutic Sensitivity in Myc-Induced Mouse Lymphoid Tumor. Blood 118, 2011.
- Matsuki E, Ono Y, Sakurai M, Kunimoto H, Ishizawa J, Shimizu T, Yamane A, Matsushita M, Yokoyama K, Okamoto S. Discontinuation of Imatinib in Patients with CML and Sustained Complete Molecular Response (CMR) for Over 2 Years in the Japanese Population – An Interim Analysis of KEIO STIM Study,. Blood 118, 2011.
- Ishizawa J, Sugihara E, Hashimoto N, Kuninaka S, Okamoto S and Saya H. Role of the Cell Cycle Regulator Cdh1 in Physiology and Pathology of Hematopoiesis. Blood 118, 2011.
|Title:||Postdoctoral Fellowship for Research Abroad|
|Funding Source:||Japanese Society for the Promotion of Science|
|Title:||SPORE CEP: Therapeutically targeting mitochondrial protein transport in Acute Myeloid Leukemia: A novel mechanism of action of first-in-class Imipridone ONC201|
|Title:||Ph1/2 Study of the Imipridone ONC201 for Treatment of AML IND125,203 (12/23/2014)|
|Funding Source:||Food and Drug Administration (FDA)|
|Title:||Leukemia SPORE (Project 3: p53 activation as novel therapeutic strategy for acute myelogenous leukemia)|
|Title:||Targeting the mitochondrial protease ClpP, as a novel therapeutic strategy for AML|
|Funding Source:||University Health Network (UHN)/Leukemia and Lymphoma Society|
|Title:||SPORE DRP: Combined blockade of MDM2 and XPO1 in acute myeloid leukemia|
|Title:||Strategic Alliance: Combinatorial Inhibition of MDM2 and XPO1 in AML|
|Funding Source:||Daiichi-Sankyo, Inc|
|Title:||Targeting mitochondrial proteostasis and prosurvival redox system in p53-mutated acute myeloid|
|Funding Source:||UTMDACC Institutional Research Grant (IRG)|
|Title:||Flagship Project: Targeting Minimal Residual Disease and Stem-like Cells in High-Risk AML|
|Funding Source:||MDACC Moon Shot Program|
|Title:||Therapeutic targeting of p53 reactivation-induced OXPHOS dependency and stress responses to overcome resistance to venetoclax/HMA in AML|