Associate Professor, Department of Critical Care, Division of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Medical Director, Medical Emergency Rapid Intervention Team (MERIT), Department of Critical Care, Division of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|1994||University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL, USA, MD, Doctor of Medicine|
|1990||University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL, USA, BS, Microbiology|
|1998-2000||Clinical Fellowship, Critical Care Medicine, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC|
|1995-1997||Clinical Residency, Internal Medicine, Keesler Medical Center, Keesler Air Force Base, MS|
|1994-1995||Clinical Internship, Internal Medicine, Keesler Medical Center, Keesler Air Force Base, MS|
|2000||Critical Care Medicine|
Assistant Professor, Department of Critical Care, Division of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2008 - 2013
Assistant Professor, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX, 2003 - 2008
Assistant Professor, R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, MD, 2001 - 2003
Assistant Professor, Ben Taub General Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, 2000 - 2001
Program Chair, RSS M&M Conference, Department of Critical Care, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2015 - Present
Associate Medical Director, Department of Critical Care, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2008 - Present
Medical Director, Department of Neurotrauma Intensive Care Unit, Memorial Hermann Hospital, Houston, TX, 2005 - 2008
Chief of Medical Residents, Department of Internal Medicine, Keesler Medical Center, Keesler Air Force Base, MS, 1997 - 1998
Institutional Committee Activities
Vice-Chair, CPR Committee, 2018 - Present
Chair, Acute & Critical Care Services Subcommittee, 2017 - Present
Member, Medical Practice Committee, 2017 - Present
Vice Chair, Acute & Critical Care Services Subcommittee, 2015 - 2017
Member, Acute & Critical Care Services Subcommittee, 2012 - 2015
Member, UT Critical Care Fellowship Clinical Competence Committee, 2012 - 2016
Member, CPR Committee, 2009 - Present
Military or Other Governmental Service
Major, United States Air Force, 1994 - 2003
|2008||Dean's Teaching Excellence Award, University of Texas Health Science Center|
|2005||Physician of the Year Nomination, Memorial Hermann Hospital|
|2004||Physician of the Year Nomination, Memorial Hermann Hospital|
|2003||Outstanding Teaching Faculty, R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center|
|2003||Hero Award, R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center|
|2001||Joint Services Commendation Medal|
|1999||Air Force Achievement Medal|
|1997||Resident Diagnostician of the Year|
|1997||Outstanding Unit Citation|
|1996||Resident Diagnostician of the Year|
|1996||Outstanding Unit Citation|
|1994||Outstanding Medical Student for Internal Medicine, Veterans Administration|
|1994||James Akers Award|
|1993||Outstanding Medical Student in Pediatrics|
- Giza D, Mejia R, Crommett J, Botz G, Ewer M, Iliescu G, Radford M, Cavalier J, Rodgriguez M, Iliescu C,. Impact of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation on the Survival of Patients with Cancer: DNR before or after cardiac arrest?. Journal of Clinical Oncology 36, 2018.
- Grossman R, Frankowski R, Burau K, Toups E, Crommett J, Johnson M, Fehlings M, Tator C, Shaffrey C, Harkema S, Hodes J, Aarabi B, Rosner M, Guest J, Harrop J. Incidence and severity of acute complications after spinal cord injury. Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine 17:119-128, 2012.
- Hergenroeder G, Redell J, Moore A, Dubinsky W, Funk R, Powner M, Crommett J, Powner D, Clifton G, Levine R, Valadka A, Dash K. Identification of Serum Biomarkers in Brain Injured Adults: Potential for Predicting Elevated Intracranial Pressure. Journal of Neurotrauma 25(2):79-93, 2008.
- Powner D, Darby J, Crommett J, Levine, R. Therapeutic Hypertension: Principles and Methods. Neurosurgical Review 27(4):227-235, 2004.
- Powner D, Crommett J. Advanced Assessment of Hemodynamic Parameters During Donor Care. Progress Transplantation 3:249-255, 2003.
- Holcomb, JB, Dumire RD, Crommett J. Evaluation of Trauma Team Performance Using an Advanced Human Patient Simulator for Resuscitation Training. Journal of Trauma 52(6):1078-1086, 2002.
- Crommett J, McCabe D, Holcomb J. Training for Transport of Critically Ill Adult Mechanically Ventilated Patients. Respiratory Care Clinics of North America 105-118:105-118, 2002.
- Ling GS, Riechers RG, Crommett J, et al.. Diagnosis of Subdural and Intraparenchymal Intracranial Hemorrhage Using a Microwave-based Detector. Proceedings of SPIE 4037:212, 2000.
- Crommett J, Young P, Nates J, et al.. Mass of Luminal Secretion: Comparison between Pneux and PVC Tracheal Tubes. Critical Care Medicine, Supplement, 2012.
- Nates JL, Rathi N, Haque S, Gaeta S, Pravinkumar E, Botz G, Chen K, Crommett J, Calabrese D, de Villalobos D, Malik I, Price K. ICU Triage Improves Patient Flow and Resource Utilization. Chest October 2011 140(4):Meeting Abstracts 357A, 2011.
- Popa C, Blanchard JR, Crommett J, Ling G. Evaluation of Interleukin 1-Beta and Tumor Necrosis Factor Alpha in the Preoperative Patient. Critical Care Medicine 27(12 SUPPL):A146, 1999.
- Botz G, Crommett J. Medical Errors - Recognition, Reporting, Managing Response, and Limiting Harm. In: Safety and Quality in Medical Transport Systems: Creating an Effective Culture. Ashgate Publishing Limited: Great Britain, 205-212, 2012.
- Crommett J, Nates J. Oncological Emergencies. In: Comprehensive Critical Care: Adult. Society of Critical Care Medicine: Mount Prospect, IL, 571-592, 2012.
- Crommett J, Bowyer M. Multidrug-Resistant Bacteria. In: Critical Care Secrets. 4, 235-238, 2007.
- Crommett J, Bowyer M. Multidrug-Resistant Bacteria. In: Critical Care Secrets. 3, 211-215, 2003.
|Title:||North American Clinical Trials Network for the Treatment of Spinal Cord Injury|
|Funding Source:||Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation|
|Title:||Vasopressin Levels in Patients with Cervical Spinal Cord Injury and Neurologic Deficit|
|Title:||Hypothermia in Acute Traumatic Brain Injury|
|Title:||Effects of Erythropoietin on Cerebral Vascular Dysfunction and Anemia in Traumatic Brain Injury|