Present Title & Affiliation
Assistant Professor, Department of Plastic Surgery, Division of Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Education & Training
|2012||University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA, MD, Medicine|
|2008||Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA, BA, Neuroscience|
|2008||Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA, BA, History of Science, Medicine, and Technology|
|2018-2019||Clinical Fellowship, Microvascular Reconstructive Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2012-2018||Clinical Residency, Integrated Plastic Surgery, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA|
|2020||American Board of Plastic Surgery|
Experience & Service
Clinical Specialist, Department of Plastic Surgery, Division of Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2018 - 2019
Institutional Committee Activities
Representative, House Staff Council, University of Virginia Health System, 2018 - Present
Member, ACGME Program Evaluation Committee, University of Virginia, Department of Plastic Surgery, 2017 - Present
Resident Representative, ACGME Clinical Learning Environment Review, University of Virginia School of Medicine, 2017 - Present
House Staff Council, Patient Satisfaction Committee, University of Virginia Health System, 2015 - 2016
Medical Student Representative, University of Maryland School of Medicine Legislative Day in Annapolis, Maryland, 2009 - 2010
Co-Chair, LinkMD, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 2009 - 2010
Representative, Medical School Council, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 2008 - 2010
Honors & Awards
|2018||John Bostwick Resident Award, 34th Annual Atlanta Breast Surgery Symposium|
|2018||Raymond Morgan Research Award, University of Virginia, Department of Plastic Surgery|
|2017||Best Resident Paper, Virginia Society of Plastic Surgeons Biennial Meeting|
|2015||Mulholland Resident and Fellow Teaching Award, University of Virginia School of Medicine|
|2015||Graduate Medical Education Young Scientist Award, University of Virginia School of Medicine|
|2011||Annual Medical Student Scholarship, American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery|
|2010||Annual Medical Student Scholarship, American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery|
|2009||Trainee, Short-term Research Training Program, University of Maryland School of Medicine|
|2008||First Place, Poster Session at the 31st Annual Medical Student Research Day, University of Maryland School of Medicine|
|2005||Howard Hughes Undergraduate Summer Research Fellow, Johns Hopkins University|
|2004||Dean’s List, Johns Hopkins University|
- Cottler PS, Olenczak JB, Ning B, Seaman SA, Thuman JM, Sun N, Piñeros-Fernandez A, Hu S, DeGeorge BR, Campbell CA. Fenestration Improves Acellular Dermal Matrix Biointegration: An Investigation of Revascularization with Photoacoustic Microscopy. Plast Reconstr Surg 143(4):971-981, 2019. PMID: 30730495.
- Olenczak JB, Shaffrey E, Shaeffer CA, Black JS. Third Molar Eruption and Hardware Fungal Infection Following Treatment of Mandibular Angle Fracture. J Craniofac Surg 30(2):529-531, 2019. PMID: 30550440.
- Olenczak JB, Martinovic M, Martin JP, Campbell CA. Prone Liver Phase MRA Demonstrates Improved Intramuscular Vascular Detail Compared to CTA in Preoperative Perforator Mapping for Free Autologous Abdominally-Based Breast Reconstruction. Ann Breast Surg 2(12), 2018.
- DeGeorge BR, Olenczak JB, Pineros-Fernandez A, Morgan RF, Cottler PS, Drake DB. Abdominal Wall Allograft: Preclinical Biomechanical Investigation of a Novel Reconstructive Adjunct. Ann Plast Surg 78(6S Suppl 5):S315-S321, 2017. PMID: 28296717.
- Olenczak JB, Seaman SA, Lin KY, Pineros-Fernandez A, Davis CE, Salopek LS, Peirce SM, Cottler PS. Effects of Collagenase Digestion and Stromal Vascular Fraction Supplementation on Volume Retention of Fat Grafts. Ann Plast Surg 78(6S Suppl 5):S335-S342, 2017. PMID: 28525415.
- Olenczak JB, Murariu D, Ikeda K, Thiele RH, Campbell CA. Tissue Monitoring with Three-Wavelength Light Emitting Diode-Based Near-Infrared Spectroscopy. J Reconstr Microsurg 32(9):712-718, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27542109.
- DeGeorge BR, Olenczak JB, Cottler PS, Drake DB, Lin KY, Morgan RF, Campbell CA. Evaluation of Sidestream Darkfield Microscopy for Real-Time Imaging Acellular Dermal Matrix Revascularization. Ann Plast Surg 76 Suppl 4:S255-9, 2016. PMID: 27187248.
- Olenczak JB, Hui-Chou HG, Aguila DJ, Shaeffer CA, Dellon AL, Manson PN. Posttraumatic Midface Pain: Clinical Significance of the Anterior Superior Alveolar Nerve and Canalis Sinuosus. Ann Plast Surg 75(5):543-7, 2015. PMID: 25710550.
- Olenczak JB, Stanwix MG, Rosson GD. Case Report Complex Wound Closure of Partial Sacrectomy Defect With Human Acellular Dermal Matrix and Bilateral V to Y Gluteal Advancement Flaps in a Pediatric Patient. Eplasty 13:e20, 2013. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 23641299.
- Hui-Chou HG, Olenczak JB, Drachenberg CB, Shea SM, Rodriguez ED. Short-term application of doxorubicin chemotherapy immunosuppressive side effects for composite tissue allotransplantation. Ann Plast Surg 68(2):215-21, 2012. PMID: 22270570.
- Yau JM, Olenczak JB, Dammann JF, Bensmaia SJ. Temporal Frequency Channels are Linked Across Audition and Touch. Curr Biol 19(7):561-6, 2009. e-Pub 2009. PMID: 19268591.
- Hui-Chou HG, Olenczak JB, et al. Use of Doxorubicin Chemotherapy as Immunosuppression for Composite Tissue Allotransplantation. Plast Reconstr Surg 125(6):118, 2010.