|2003||Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA, MS, Clinical Epidemiology|
|1996||University of Ghana Medical School, Accra, GHA, MB.chB, Medicine|
|2001-2003||Primary Care Research & Faculty Development, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI|
|1998-2001||Residency, Internal Medicine, Cook County Hospital, Chicago, IL|
|1996-1997||Housemanship, Internal Medicine & Ob/Gyn, Korle-bu Teaching Hospital, Accra|
|2001||Diplomat, American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM)|
Assistant Professor, Department of General Internal Medicine, Division of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2008 - 2014
- Halm J, Amoako EP. Physical Activity Recommendation for Hypertension Management: Does Healthcare Provider Advice Make a Difference?. Ethnicity and Disease (International Society of Hypertension in Blacks, 2008.
- Jordan J, Halm J, et al. Benefits of Initiating a Hospitalist PICC Program - Experience from an Academic Community Medical Center. Journal of Hospital Medicine 3(1):62, 2008.
- Reiss M, Halm J. Lead Poisoning in an Adult: Lead Mobilization by Pregnancy?. JGIM(22):1212-1215, 2007.
- Halm J. Using electronic medical records to help improve control of hypertension: Secondary database analysis of blood pressure in a large healthcare system in Wisconsin. JCH 8:A215, 2006.
- Halm J, Schapira M, Grimm C et al. Do physicians' recommend exercise in adults with hypertension and do patients follow their advice? Ethnicity & Disease 14:S2-58, 2004.
- Halm J, Scheidermayer D, Sebastian J et al. The times…they are achanging: Survey of winners of best teacher award in a department of medicine. JGIM(18):243, 2003.