Medical Director, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of HLA Laboratory, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2005||University of Missouri at Columbia, Columbia, MO, USA, PHD, Biochemistry|
|1999||Peking University First Hospital, Peking University School of Medicine, Beijing, CHN, PHD, Anesthesiology|
|1993||Xian Jiaotong University School of Medicine [former name Xian Medical University], Xian, CHN, MD, Medicine|
|2014-2016||Clinical Fellowship, Integrated HLA and Transfusion Medicine Fellowship, Washington University School of Medicine/Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, MO|
|2011-2014||Clinical Residency, Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine / Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, MO|
|2005-2010||Postdoctoral Fellow, Hematology Division, Internal Medicine Department, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO|
|1995-1999||Clinical Residency, Department of Anesthesiology, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing|
|1993-1995||Clinical Residency, Department of General Surgery, Peking University Shougang Hospital, Beijing|
|2016||American Society for Histocompatibility & Immunogenetics|
|2014||American Board of Clinical Pathology|
Assistant Professor, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Pathology/Lab Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2016 - Present
|2015||Paul E. Strandjord Young Investigator Award, 50th Annual Meeting of Academy of Clinical Laboratory Physician and Scientists|
|2015||Young Investigator with Distinction Awards, 50th Annual Meeting of Academy of Clinical Laboratory Physician and Scientists|
|2005||Margaret S.C. Cheng Fellowship, University of Missouri at Columbia|
|1997||Guang-Hua Award, Peking University School of Medicine|
|1992||Scholarship in recognition for outstanding performance in clinical coursework, Xian Jiaotong University College of Medicine|
|1990||Scholarship in recognition for outstanding performance in basic medical science coursework, Xian Jiaotong University College of Medicine|
- Zou J, Duffy B, Slade M, Young AL, Steward N, Hachem R, Mohanakumar T. Rapid detection of donor cell free DNA in lung transplant recipients with rejections using donor-recipient HLA mismatch. Hum Immunol 78(4):342-349, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28267558.
- Zou J, Slade M, Romee R, Phelan D, Willey P, Mohanakumar T, Grossman BJ. Prozone Phenomenon Complicates Detection of Donor Specific Antibodies in Haploidentical Hematopoietic Cell Transplant Patients. Journal of Transplantation Research 1 (2)(2473-1730), 2016.
- Zou J, Grossman B, Mohanakumar T. Screening platelet pheresis donors for HLA antibodies. ASHI Quarterly 38(4):28-32, 2014.
- Zou J, Willis D, Moore B, Carmazzi Y, Cao K. KIR matching and KIR haplotype frequencies in hematopoietic stem cell transplant (HSCT) patients and HLA matched related donors. Human Immunology 78(Supplement 1):206 (P202), 2017.
- Zou J, Barnes T, Lopez A, Pardillo W, Haneke R, Guerrero E, Cao K. The complement interference effect in HLA antibody detection in hematopoietic stem cell transplant patients: A validation study of EDTA treatment in labscreen PRA and single antigen assay. Human Immunology 78(Supplement 1):207 (P204), 2017.
- Zou J, Duffy B, Steward N, Hachem R, Mohanakumar T. Detection of Donor Cell-Free DNA Using Digital PCR in Lung Transplant Recipients with Graft Rejection and Infection. Human Immunology 76(Supplement):68 (P045), 2015.
- Zou J, Keller J, Romee R, Grossman B. The Clinical Relevance of Donor-Specific Anti-Human Leukocyte Antigen Antibodies for Haploidentical Stem Cell Transplantation. Transfusion 55(S3):13A (S17-010C), 2015.
Letters to the Editor
- Zou J, Romee R, Slade M, Phelan D, Keller J, Mohanakumar T, Grossman BJ. Untreated donor specific antibodies against HLA are associated with poor outcomes in peripheral blood haploidentical hematopoietic cell transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplantation 52: 898-901, 2017.
- Zou J, Nolan DK, LaFiore AR, Scott MG. Estimating the effects of hemolysis on potassium and LDH laboratory results. Clin Chim Acta 421 (5 June 2013): 60-61, 2013.