Assistant Professor, Department of Urology, Division of Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2012||Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN, USA, MD, Medicine|
|2007||Vanderbilt University College of Arts and Science, Nashville, TN, USA, BS, Biological Sciences|
|2017-2019||Clinical Fellowship, Urologic Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2014-2017||Clinical Residency, Urology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN|
|2013-2014||Clinical Internship, General Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN|
|2017||American Board of Urology|
Assistant Professor, Department of Health Services Research, Division of OVP, Cancer Prevention and Population Sciences, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2020 - Present
|2021||Early Career Investigator|
|2018||Recipient of the William L. Pippin, Jr. Fellowship in Genitourinary Research, The University of Texas at MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2011||Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society|
|2007||High Honors in Biological Sciences, Vanderbilt University College of Arts and Science|
- Shapiro DD, Gregg JR, Lim AH, Nogueras-González GM, Choi H, Kang HC, Inguillo IA, Chapin BF, Davis JW, Ward JF. Comparing confirmatory biopsy outcomes between MRI-targeted biopsy and standard systematic biopsy among men being enrolled in prostate cancer active surveillance. BJU Int 127(3):340-348, 2021. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32357283.
- Gregg JR, Zhang X, Chapin BF, Ward JF, Kim J, Davis JW, Daniel CR. Adherence to the Mediterranean diet and grade group progression in localized prostate cancer: An active surveillance cohort. Cancer 127(5):720-728, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33411364.
- Reichard CA, Kukreja J, Gregg JR, Bathala TK, Achim MF, Wang X, Davis JW, Nguyen QN, Chapin BF. Prediction of Organ-confined Disease in High- and Very-high-risk Prostate Cancer Patients Staged with Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Implications for Clinical Trial Design. Eur Urol Focus 7(1):71-77, 2021. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31076357.
- Gregg JR, Surasi DS, Childs A, Moll N, Ward JF, Kim J, Daniel CR, Logothetis C, Bathala T, Davis JW. The Association of Peri-Prostatic Fat and Grade Group Progression in Men with Localized Prostate Cancer on Active Surveillance. J Urol 205(1):101097JU0000000000001321, 2021. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32718204.
- Vykoukal J, Fahrmann JF, Gregg JR, Tang Z, Basourakos S, Irajizad E, Park S, Yang G, Creighton CJ, Fleury A, Mayo J, Paulucci-Holthauzen A, Dennison JB, Murage E, Peterson CB, Davis JW, Kim J, Hanash S, Thompson TC. Caveolin-1-mediated sphingolipid oncometabolism underlies a metabolic vulnerability of prostate cancer. Nat Commun 11(1):4279, 2020. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32855410.
- Gregg JR, Davis JW, Reichard C, Wang X, Achim M, Chapin BF, Pisters L, Pettaway C, Ward JF, Choi S, Nguyen QN, Kuban D, Babaian R, Troncoso P, Madsen LT, Logothetis C, Kim J. Determining Clinically Based Factors Associated With Reclassification in the Pre-MRI Era using a Large Prospective Active Surveillance Cohort. Urology 138:91-97, 2020. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31899230.
- Gregg JR, Zheng J, Lopez DS, Reichard C, Browman G, Chapin B, Kim J, Davis J, Daniel CR. Diet quality and Gleason grade progression among localised prostate cancer patients on active surveillance. Br J Cancer 120(4):466-471, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 30679782.
- Gregg JR, Lopez DS, Reichard C, Zheng J, Wu W, Ye Y, Chapin B, Kim J, Daniel CR, Davis J. Caffeine Metabolism Genotype, and Disease Progression in Localized Prostate Cancer Patients Managed with Active Surveillance. J Urol 201(2):308-314, 2019. PMID: 30179617.
- Reichard CA, Gregg JR, Achim MF, Aparicio AM, Pettaway CA, Pisters LL, Ward JF, Davis JW, Chapin BF. Radical Prostatectomy in Metastatic Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer: Feasibility, Safety, and Quality of Life Outcomes. Eur Urol 74(2):140-143, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29656854.
- Gregg JR, Lang M, Wang LL, Resnick MJ, Jain SK, Warner JL, Barocas DA. Automating the Determination of Prostate Cancer Risk Strata From Electronic Medical Records. JCO Clin Cancer Inform 1:1-8, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 29541700.
- Gregg JR, Cookson MS, Phillips S, Salem S, Chang SS, Clark PE, Davis R, Stimson CJ, Aghazadeh M, Smith JA, Barocas DA. Effect of Preoperative Nutritional on Mortality After Radical Cystectomy for Bladder Cancer. J Urol 185(1):90-96, 2011. e-Pub 2010. PMID: 21074802.
- Gregg JR and Scarpato KR. Surgical Approaches for Open Renal Surgery, Including Open Radical Nephrectomy. Hinman’s Atlas of Urologic Surgery, 2017.
- Gregg JR and Chang SS. Treatment of muscle-invasive bladder cancer. Evidence-Based Urology. Wiley, 2017.
- Gregg JR and Chang SS. Blue-light and Narrow Band Imaging in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Non-Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer and Upper Tract Urothelial Cell Carcinoma. AUA Update Series, 2017.
- Gregg JR, Dahm P, Chang SS. Guideline-based management of non-muscle invasive bladder cancer. Indian J Urol 31(4):320-326, 2015. PMID: 26604443.
|Title:||DOD, CDMRP, Prostate Cancer Research Program, Early Career Investigator Award Proteomic-based Biomarkers for Risk of Progression in Early Prostate Cancer|
|Funding Source:||Department of Defense (DOD)|
|Title:||Investigating the use of a plasma-based sphingolipid signature and dietary change in patients with localized prostate cancer managed with active surveillance|