Professor, Division of Pathology/Lab Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Professor, Department of Translational Molecular Pathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|1994||McGill University, Montreal, CAN, MDCM, Medicine|
|1990||McGill University, Montreal, CAN, Med-P, Pre-Med|
|2001-2002||Clinical Fellowship, Genitourinary Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY|
|2000-2001||Clinical Fellowship, Oncologic Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY|
|1995-1999||Clinical Residency, Anatomical Pathology, McMaster University, Hamilton|
|1994-1995||Clinical Internship, Rockyview General Hospital, Calgary|
|2002||American Board of Pathology|
|1999||Anatomical Pathology, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCPC)|
|1999||Anatomical Pathology, Specialist certificate, College des medecins du Quebec|
Panelist, National Comprehensive Cancer Network Testicular Cancers Panel, Houston, TX, 2016 - Present
Panelist, National Comprehensive Cancer Network Kidney and Testicular Cancers Panel, Houston, TX, 2011 - 2016
Examiner, Anatomic Pathology, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, Ottawa, 2008 - Present
Staff Pathologist and Director, Genitourinary Pathology, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, 2006 - 2008
Staff Pathologist, Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, 1999 - 2000
|2018||Shirley Stein Scientific Endowment Research Award, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2004||William Duguid Award in Pathology, MUHC Research Institute|
|1998||Resident Research Award, Physicians Services Incorporated|
|1998||Resident Research Award, Canadian Society of Clinical Investigation|
|1998||Most Meritorious Resident Presentation at USCAP, Gastrointestinal Pathology Society (of America)|
|1989||J.W. McConnell Award|
- Sekino Y, Sakamoto N, Goto K, Honma R, Shigematsu Y, Quoc TP, Sentani K, Oue N, Teishima J, Kawakami F, Karam JA, Sircar K, Matsubara A, Yasui W. UC 416+A promotes epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition through miR-153 in renal cell carcinoma. BMC Cancer 18(1):952, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30286729.
- Sircar K, Blumenkrantz M, Zlobec I, Chen G, Fahmy M, Aprikian A, Guiot MC. Multiple anti-cancer target expression in hormone refractory prostate cancer. Modern Pathology 20(Suppl 2, #801):176A, 2007.
- Sircar K, Bernard N, Cuello AC, Saragovi HU, Gold P, Aprikian AG, Moffett S. Novel Anti-PSMA monoclonal antibodies show superior tissue specificity. Modern Pathology 20(Suppl 2, #800):176A, 2007.
- Sircar K, Gottlieb B, Aprikian A, Beitel L, Trifiro M, Alvarado C. Genetic heterogeneity of androgen sensitive and androgen independent prostate cancer: an analysis of androgen receptor CAG repeat lengths in germline, somatic and hermone refractory prostate cancer tissues. Modern Pathology 19(Suppl 1, #748):162A, 2006.
- Sircar K, Gaboury L, Scarlatta E, Mecteau M, Aprikian A, Tanguay S, Fahmy N, Lanoix J. Mirror image tissue banking of radical prostatectomy specimens enables isolation of epithelial plasma membranes for proteomics while preserving pathologic quality of retrieved tissues. Modern Pathology 19(Suppl 1, #747):162a, 2006.
- Huwait HF, Yilmaz A, Sircar K, Trpkov K, Brimo F, Alrefae M, Cheng T, Begin L, Bismar TA. Testicular lymphoma: a clinico-pathologic study of 25 cases. Modern Pathology 19(Suppl 1, #691):153A, 2006.
- Gottlieb B, Alvarado C, Beitel LK, Sircar K, Aprikian A, Trifiro M. Single locus gene mutations and prostate cancer. Can mutations in the androgen receptor gene be directly linked to the occurrence of prostate cancer?. American Society of Human Genetcs 55th Meeting. Salt Lake City, UT, 2005.
- Gottlieb B, Alvarado C, Bietel LK, Sircar K, Aprikian A, Trifiro M. A tumor specific examination into the significance of androgen receptor gene alteration with functional consequences in prostate cancer. Endcrine Society's 87th Annual Meeting. San Diego, CA(#P2-665), 2005.
- Chen J, Gokden N, Greene G, Kadlubar FF, Sircar K, Aprikian A, Chen JZ. Implications of mitochondrial DNA modifications in prostate malignancy. The 4th Annual CPC-BioNet Meeting. Vancouver, BC, 2005.
- Omeroglu A, Alam M, Tanguay S, Aprikian A, Sircar K. Comparative study of immunohistochemical profiles of fetal and adult nephrons using renal tumor markers. Modern Pathology 18(Suppl 1):157A, 2005.
- Sircar K, Alam-Fahmy M, Aprikian A, Beitel L, Gottleib B, Trifiro M, Alvarado C. Androgen receptor CAG tract hetertogeneity in benign and malignant prostatic glands. Modern Pathology 18(Suppl 1):164A, 2005.
- Alvarado C, Beitel LK, Sircar K, Aprikian A, Gottlieb B, Trifiro M. Novel somatic changes of the human androgen receptor CAG tract in microdissected specimens from prostate cancer. 12th International Congress of Endocrinology. Lisbon, Porgugal(#P1034), 2004.
- Chen G, Shukeir N, Potti A, Sircar K, Goltzman D, Rabbani SA. The Wnt-Beta-catenin pathway is expressed n prostate cancer and in bone metastases. J Bone Miner Res 18(Suppl 2), 2003.