Assistant Professor, Department of Cardiology, Division of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|1999||Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, IRN, MD, Medicine|
|2011-2012||Clinical Fellowship, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, University of Texas, Houston, TX|
|2008-2011||Clinical Fellowship, Cardiovascular Disease, University of Texas, Houston, TX|
|2006-2008||Clinical Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Texas, Houston, TX|
|2005-2006||Clinical Internship, Internal Medicine, Louisiana State University, New Orleans, LA|
|2013||American Board of Internal Medicine Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology|
|2011||American Board of Internal Medicine Cardiovascular Disease|
|2010||National Board of Echocardiography|
|2008||American Board of Internal Medicine|
Director of Electrophysiology, Department of Cardiology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2013 - Present
Director of Cardiac Device Clinic, Department of Cardiology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2013 - Present
Chief Fellow, Department of Cardiology, University of Texas, Houston, TX, 2010 - 2011
Military or Other Governmental Service
Medical Practice, Military Service Obligation, Ghazvin, Iran, 1999 - 2001
- Reddy N, Moudgil R, Lopez-Mattei JC, Karimzad K, Mouhayar EN, Somaiah N, Conley AP, Patel S, Giza DE, Iliescu C. Progressive and Reversible Conduction Disease with Checkpoint Inhibitors. Can J Cardiol Ref. No.: CJC-D-17-00514R2(10):1335.e13-1335.e15, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28822650.
- Giza DE, Boccalandro F, Lopez-Mattei J, Iliescu G, Karimzad K, Kim P, Iliescu C. Ischemic Heart Disease: Special Considerations in Cardio-Oncology. Curr Treat Options Cardiovasc Med 19(5):37, 2017. PMID: 28425056.
- Munoz E, Iliescu G, Vejpongsa P, Charitakis K, Karimzad K, Lopez-Mattei J, Yusuf SW, Marmagkiolis K, Iliescu C. Takotsubo Stress Cardiomyopathy: "Good News" in Cancer Patients?. J Am Coll Cardiol 68(10):1143-4, 2016. PMID: 27585514.
- Loghin C, Karimzadehnajar K, Ekeruo IA, Mukerji SS, Memon NB, Kantharia BK. Outcome of pulmonary vein isolation ablation for paroxysmal atrial fibrillation: predictive role of left atrial mechanical dyssynchrony by speckle tracking echocardiography. J Interv Card Electrophysiol 39(1):7-15, 2014. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 24310816.
- Javadi S, Mosaffa N, Karimzadeh K. The Effect of Glycation of Culture Medium on Phagocytic and Respiratory Burst of Peritoneal Macrophages from Balb/C mice. Immunology 1:179-185, 2004.
- Karimzad, K. Left Atrial Dyssynchrony as a Predictor of Postoperative Atrial Fibrillation in Cancer Patients. International Academy of Cardiology, 2016.
- JD Grant, MD, A Dougherty, MD, K Karimzad, MD, DR Gomez, MD, MA Rozner, PhD, MD. (S026) A Novel Method for Detecting Serious Cardiac Device Errors in Patients Receiving Radiotherapy Using Daily Pulse Checks. Cancer Network, 2015.
- Karimzad, K. Assessment of Left Atrial Mechanical Dyssynchrony with Speckle Tracking Predicts Atrial Fibrillation Recurrence after Catheter Ablation. Heart Rhythm Society, 2012.
- Karimzad, K. Diastolic Strain Rate and Doppler Parameters are Associated with Scar Size and Transmurality in ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction Patients. International Academy of Cardiology, 2011.
- Karimzad, K. Position of Left Ventricular Lead and the Outcome of Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy: Role of Echocardiographic Deformation Imaging. Europace, 2011.
- Karimzadehnajar K, Azpura F, Shezad S, Durand JB, Iliescu C. Fractional Flow Reserve: Less is sometimes more in cancer patients. The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions Scientific Sessions, 2011.
- Karimzad, K. FFR in Cancer Patients. (SCAI) The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions Foundation, 2011.
- Karimzad, K. Common arrhythmias / Device management in patients with Cancer. In: Cancer and Cardiovascular Disease - A Concise Clinical Atlas. Springer International Publishing AG, Cham.
- Karimzad K. CIEDs Management During Radiation Therapy. In: Cancer and the Heart. 3rd: United States.