Associate Professor, Department of Surgical Oncology, Division of Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2000||Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH, USA, MD, Doctor of Medicine|
|1993||University of New England, Biddeford, ME, USA, BS, Medical Biology|
Assistant Professor, Department of Surgical Oncology, Division of Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2009 - 2016
Institutional Committee Activities
Co-Chair, Gastric Cancer Multi-Disciplinary Conference, 2011 - Present
Member, Clinical Effectiveness Subcommittee, 2011 - Present
Alternate Member - Surgical Oncology, Credentials Committee of the Medical Staff, 2011 - Present
Representative, Faculty Senate-Department of Surgery Oncology, 2010 - Present
Member, Medical Student Education Committee, 2010 - Present
Co-Chair, Peritoneal Malignancy Multi-Disciplinary Conference, 2010 - Present
Member/Mento, Fellows Education Committee, 2010 - Present
Member, Surgical Oncology Fellow Education Committee, 2009 - Present
Member, Resident Education Committee, 2009 - Present
|2014||Outstanding Clinical Teaching Faculty Award, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Surgical Oncology Fellows|
|2012||Outstanding Clinical Teaching Faculty Award, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Surgical Oncology Fellows|
|2011||Patient Choice Award, www.Vitals.com|
|2010||Outstanding Clinical Teaching Faculty Award, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Surgical Oncology Fellows|
- Day RW, Badgwell BD, Fournier KF, Mansfield PF, Aloia TA. Defining the Impact of Surgical Approach on Perioperative Outcomes for Patients with Gastric Cardia Malignancy. J Gastrointest Surg 20(1):146-53; discussion 153, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26416411.
- Badgwell B, Ajani J, Blum M, Ho L, Fournier K, Chiang YJ, Matamoros A, Das P, Mansfield P. Postoperative Morbidity and Mortality Rates are Not Increased for Patients with Gastric and Gastroesophageal Cancer Who Undergo Preoperative Chemoradiation Therapy. Ann Surg Oncol 23(1):156-62, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26059652.
- Dineen SP, Robinson KA, Roland CL, Beaty KA, Rafeeq S, Mansfield PF, Royal RE, Fournier KF. Feeding tube placement during cytoreductive surgery and heated intraperitoneal chemotherapy does not improve postoperative nutrition and is associated with longer length of stay and higher readmission rates. J Surg Res 200(1):158-63, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26342838.
- Choe JH, Overman MJ, Fournier KF, Royal RE, Ohinata A, Rafeeq S, Beaty K, Phillips JK, Wolff RA, Mansfield PF, Eng C. Improved Survival with Anti-VEGF Therapy in the Treatment of Unresectable Appendiceal Epithelial Neoplasms. Ann Surg Oncol 22(8):2578-84, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25582740.
- Badgwell B, Blum M, Estrella J, Chiang YJ, Das P, Matamoros A, Fournier K, Mansfield P, Ajani J. Predictors of Survival in Patients with Resectable Gastric Cancer Treated with Preoperative Chemoradiation Therapy and Gastrectomy. J Am Coll Surg 221(1):83-90, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26002780.
- Badgwell B, Roy-Chowdhuri S, Chiang YJ, Matamoros A, Blum M, Fournier K, Mansfield P, Ajani J. Long-term survival in patients with metastatic gastric and gastroesophageal cancer treated with surgery. J Surg Oncol 111(7):875-81, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25872485.
- Zitomersky NL, Atkinson BJ, Fournier K, Mitchell PD, Stern JB, Butler MC, Ashworth L, Hauenstein S, Heiner L, Chuang E, Singh S, Bousvaros A. Antibodies to infliximab are associated with lower infliximab levels and increased likelihood of surgery in pediatric IBD. Inflamm Bowel Dis 21(2):307-14, 2015. PMID: 25569737.
- Hsu C, Rashid A, Xing Y, Chiang YJ, Chagpar RB, Fournier KF, Chang GJ, You YN, Feig BW, Cormier JN. Varying malignant potential of appendiceal neuroendocrine tumors: importance of histologic subtype". J Surg Oncol 107(2):136-43, 2013. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22767417.
- Lieu CH, Lambert LA, Wolff RA, Eng C, Zhang N, Wen S, Rafeeq S, Taggart M, Fournier K, Royal R, Mansfield P, Overman MJ. Systemic chemotherapy and surgical cytoreduction for poorly differentiated and signet ring cell adenocarcinomas of the appendix. Ann Oncol 23(3):652-8, 2012. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21653683.
- Bartley AN, Rashid A, Fournier KF, Abraham SC. Neuroendocrine and mucinous differentiation in signet ring cell carcinoma of the stomach: Evidence for a common cell of origin in composite tumors. Hum Pathol 42(10):1420-9, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21419473.
- Raghav KP, Taggart MW, Fournier KF, Overman MJ. Is malignant dedifferentiation for mucinous appendiceal neoplasms a valid phenomenon or merely histopathologic ambiguity?. J Am Coll Surg 212(5):212(5):906, 2011. PMID: 21530846.
- Arumugam T, Ramachandran V, Fournier KF, Wang H, Marquis L, Abbruzzese JL, Gallick GE, Logsdon CD, McConkey DJ, Choi W. Epithelial to mesenchymal transition contributes to drug resistance in pancreatic cancer. Cancer Res 69(14):5820-8, 2009. e-Pub 2009. PMID: 19584296.
- Shin S, Fournier K, Cole C, Laronga C.. Effect of Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy on surgical residency training. American Surgeon(72 9):791-795, 2006. PMID: 16966388.
- Yang H, Zhang Y, Zhao R, Fournier K, Wu HB, Yang HY, Diaz J, Laronga C, Lee MH.. Negative cell cycle regulator 14-3-3sigma stabilizes p27 Kip 1 by inhibiting the activity of PKB/Akt. Oncogene. Oncogene(25 33):4585-94, 2006.
- Fournier K, Schiller A, Perry RR, Laronga C.. Micrometastasis in the sentinel lymph node of breast cancer does not mandate completion axillary node dissection. Annals of Surgery(859-63):859-63; discussion 863-5, 2004. PMID: 15166965.