Professor, Department of Palliative, Rehabilitation, and Integrative Medicine, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|1994||Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA, MD, Medicine|
|1995-1998||Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency Program, University of Michigan Hospitals, Ann Arbor, MI|
|1994-1995||Transitional Rotating Internship, St. Joseph Mercy Hospital, Ann Arbor, MI|
|1999||American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation|
- Murphy K, Nguyen V, Shin K, Sebastian-Deutsch A, Frieden L. Health Care Professionals and the Employment-Related Needs of Cancer Survivors. J Occup Rehabil:296–305, 2017. PMID: 26857027.
- Fu J, Lee J, Smith DW, Shin K, Guo Y, Bruera E. Frequency and Reasons for Return to the Primary Acute Care Service among Lymphoma Patients Undergoing Inpatient Rehabilitation. PM&R 6(7):629-34, 2014. PMID: 24384360.
- Shin KY, Guo Y, Konzen B, Fu J, Yadav R, Bruera E. Inpatient Cancer Rehabilitation: the Experience of a National Comprehensive Cancer Center. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 90(5(suppl)):S63-S68, 2011. PMID: 21765265.
- Guo Y, Shin KY, Hainley S, Bruera E, Palmer JL. Inpatient Rehabilitation Improved Functional Status in Asthenic Patients with Solid and Hematologic Malignancies. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 90(4):265-71, 2011. PMID: 21273895.
- Fu JB, Parsons HA, Shin KY, Guo Y, Konzen BS, Yadav RR, Smith DW. Comparison of Functional Outcomes in Low- and High-Grade Astrocytoma Rehabilitation Inpatients. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 89(3):205-212, 2010. PMID: 20068429.
- Basen-Engquist K, Lenihan D, Carmack Taylor C, Lu K, Perkins H, Hughes D, McFalls K, Shin K.. Fitness and quality of life in endometrial cancer survivors and controls. Journal of Clinical Oncology 25:18S, 2007.
- Lee HJ, Oran B, Saliba RM, Couriel DM, Shin K, Massey P, Neumann J, de Lima M, Champlin R, Giralt S. Steroid-myopathy in patients with acute graft versus host disease treated with high-dose steroid therapy. Bone Marrow Transplant 38(4):299-303, 2006. PMID: 16819437.
- Guo Y, Shin K.. Rehabilitation needs of cancer patients. Critical Reviews in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 17 (2):83-99, 2005.
- Guo Y, Shin K. Unique use of botulinum toxin to decrease adductor tone and allow surgical excision of vulvar carcinoma. Int J Gynecol Cancer 14:100-3, 2004. PMID: 14764036.
- Tong HC, Kandala G, Haig AJ, Nelson VS, Yamakawa KS, Shin KY. Physical Functioning in Female Caregivers of Children with Physical Disabilities Compared with Female Caregivers of Children with a Chronic Medical Condition. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 156(11):1138-42, 2002. PMID: 12413344.
- Shin K, Priebe MM, Rossi D. Follow up of Surgical Managed Pressure Ulcers in Persons with Spinal Cord Injury: Predictive Factors for Recurrence. J Am Paraplegia Soc 17(2):29, 1994.
- Sumler, S, Shin K.. The benefits of massage therapy. Coping Magazine, 2007.
- Shin KY. Massage Tailored for Cancer Patients: Services for Patients and Families in High Demand. CancerWise, 2004.
- Shin, KY The many benefits of massage. The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center Oncolog, 2006.
- Shin, KY. Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation with the Assistance of a Leukemia-trained Hospitalist at a National Comprehensive Cancer Center. American Academy of PM&R 71st Annual Assembly, November 4-7, 2010, Seattle, WA. PM&R Journal 2(9S):S18-S19, 2010.
- Shin K.. Acute inpatient rehabilitation outcomes after pancreaticoduodenectomy in a major tertiary national cancer center. 4th World Congress of the International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine, Seoul, Korea, June, 2007.
- Shin K. Challenging Lymphedema Patient. Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer 17th International Symposium, Geneva, Switzerland, June 30-July 2. Support Care Cancer 13:480, 2005.
- Shin KY, Zhang T, Kaur G. Acute Inpatient Cancer Rehabilitation Outcomes after Initial and Repeat Surgical Resection for Glioblastoma Multiforma. Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer 16th International Symposium, Miami Beach, Florida, June 24-27, 2004.
- Shin K, Yadav R, Guo Y, Konzen B. Acute Inpatient Cancer Rehabilitation Unit (ACRU) Outcomes at an NCI-Comprehensive Cancer Center. American Society of Clinical Oncology 40th Annual Meeting. New Orleans, Louisiana, June 3-4, 2004.
- Strasser F, Palmer JL, Castro M, Shen L, Willey JS, Shin KY, Sivesind D, Beale E, Bruera E. Impact of Physician Sitting (sit) Versus Standing (sta) During Inpatient Oncology Consultations: Patients’ preference and perception of compassion and duration. A randomized controlled trail (RCT). American Society of Clinical Oncology, 39th Annual Meeting. Chicago, Illinois, May, 2003.
- Guo Y Shin K. Unique use of Botulinum Toxin A (Botox) to Decrease Hip Adductor Tone, Allowing Surgical Excision of Vulva Carcinoma: A Case Report. American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 63rd Annual Assembly. Orlando, Florida, 2002.
- Shin KY, Bishop M, Kendall D, Washington C, Yi A. Bleeding Complications after Physical Therapy in the Thrombocytopenic Patient. Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer 14th International Symposium, Boston, Massachusetts, June, 2002.
- Shin KY. Cancer Rehabilitation: Basic Ideas and Principles. In: Cancer: Rehabilitation Medicine Quick Reference. Demos Medical Publishing: New York, 2-3, 2014.
- Shin KY. Rehabilitation at the End of Life. In: Cancer: Rehabilitation Medicine Quick Reference. Demos Medical Publishing: New York, 154-155, 2014.
- Yadav R, Shin KY, Guo Y, Konzen B. Cancer Rehabilitation. In: Medical Care of Cancer Patients. 1. BC Decker: New York, 563-570, 2009.
- Konzen B, Shin KY.. The assessment and management of lymphoedema. In: Palliative Care Consultations in Advanced Breast Cancer. Oxford University Press: Oxford, NY, 51-63, 2006.
- Ramineni N Shin KY. Cancer Rehabilitation. In: M. D. Anderson Manual of Clinical Oncology. McGraw-Hill: New York, 1107-17, 2004.
- Shin K. Rehabilitation. In: World Health Organization, International Agency for Research on Cancer, World Cancer Report. IARC Press, 292-6, 2003.
- Shin KY, Gillis TA, Garden FH. Cancer Rehabilitation: General Principles. In: PM&R Secrets. Hanley & Belfus, 325-33, 2002.
- Shin K. Principles of Cancer Rehabilitation. In: Cambridge Handbook of Advanced Cancer. Cambridge University Press, 45-50, 2000.
- Hwang A, Shin KY. Applying physical medicine and rehabilitation principles. In: Cancer Pain Management. McGraw-Hill: New York.
Books (edited and written)
- Shin KY, Editor. Cancer: Rehabilitation Medicine Reference. Demos Medical Publishing: New York, 2014.