Meet Lauren Cobb, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Gynecologic Oncology and Reproductive Medicine, Division of Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2010||Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA, MD, Medicine|
|2004||Duke University, Durham, NC, USA, BA, Public Policy|
|2014-2017||Clinical Fellowship, Gynecologic Oncology, Duke University Medical Center, Duham, NC|
|2010-2014||Clinical Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD|
|2018||American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology|
Fellow, Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, 2014 - 2017
Resident, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, 2010 - 2014
|2017||Charles B. Hammond Research Day Fellow Prize, Duke University Medical Center|
|2016||Outstanding Fellow Student Teaching Award, Duke University Medical Center|
|2010||Society for Gynecologic Investigation President's Presenter Award, Society for Gynecologic Investigation|
|2010||Glasgow-Rubin Certificate of Commendation for Academic Achievement, American Medical Women's Association|
|2010||Houston Gyecological & Obstetrical Society Award, Houston Gynecological & Obstetrical Society|
|2009||Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, Alpha Omega Honor Society|
- Schwartz AR, Lim S, Broadwater G, Cobb L, Valea F, Marosky Thacker J, Habib A, Havrilesky L. Reduction in opioid use and postoperative pain scores after elective laparotomy with implementation of enhanced recovery after surgery protocol on a gynecologic oncology service. Int J Gynecol Cancer 29(5):935-943, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31155518.
- Cobb LP, Gershenson DM. Treatment of Rare Epithelial Ovarian Tumors. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 32(6):1011 - 1024, 2018. PMID: 30390757.
- Moulton LJ, Michener CM, Levinson K, Cobb L, Tseng J, Jernigan A. Compliance with research standards within gynecologic oncology fellowship: A Gynecologic Oncology Fellowship Research Network (GOFRN) study. Gynecol Oncol 146(3):647-652, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28698010.
- Wu ES, Oduyebo T, Cobb LP, Cholakian D, Kong X, Fader AN, Levinson KL, Tanner EJ, Stone RL, Piotrowski A, Grossman S, Roche KL. Lymphopenia and its association with survival in patients with locally advanced cervical cancer. Gynecol Oncol 140(1):76-82, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26571200.
- Cobb L., Secord A.. Association between Obesity and Clinical Outcomes in Gynecologic Cancer. Current Obstetrics and Gynecology Reports 4((4)):1-9, 2015.
- Cobb LP, Gaillard S, Wang Y, Shih IeM, Secord AA. Adenocarcinoma of Mullerian origin: review of pathogenesis, molecular biology, and emerging treatment paradigms. Gynecol Oncol Res Pract 2:1, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 27231561.
- Diaz-Montes TP, Cobb L, Ibeanu OA, Njoku P, Gerardi MA. Introduction of checklists at daily progress notes improves patient care among the gynecological oncology service. J Patient Saf 8(4):189-93, 2012. PMID: 23007241.
- Suter M, Ma J, Harris A, Patterson L, Brown KA, Shope C, Showalter L, Abramovici A, Aagaard-Tillery KM. Maternal tobacco use modestly alters correlated epigenome-wide placental DNA methylation and gene expression. Epigenetics 6(11):1284-94, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21937876.
- Sbrana E, Suter MA, Abramovici AR, Hawkins HK, Moss JE, Patterson L, Shope C, Aagaard-Tillery K. Maternal tobacco use is associated with increased markers of oxidative stress in the placenta. Am J Obstet Gynecol 205(3):246.e1-7, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21803321.
- Durgan DJ, Trexler NA, Egbejimi O, McElfresh TA, Suk HY, Petterson LE, Shaw CA, Hardin PE, Bray MS, Chandler MP, Chow CW, Young ME. The circadian clock within the cardiomyocyte is essential for responsiveness of the heart to fatty acids. J Biol Chem 281(34):24254-69, 2006. e-Pub 2006. PMID: 16798731.
- Schwartz AR, Lim S, Broadwater G, Cobb L, Valea F, Marosky Thacker J, Habib A, Havrilesky L. Enhanced Recovery After Surgery protocol implementation was associated with decreased narcotic use, lower maximum pain scores, and expedited return of baseline functions among medically complex gynecologic oncology patients. Int J Gynecol Cancer. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31053660.
- Cobb LP, Giuntoli RL.. Gestational Trophoblastic Disease. In: Johns Hopkins Manual of Gynecology and Obstetrics. 5. LWW, 2015.
- Cobb LP, Giuntli RL. Palliative Care. In: Johns Hopkins Manual of Gynecology and Obstetrics. 5. LLW, 2015.
|Title:||The Charles B. Hammond Research Fund|
|Funding Source:||Duke University Medical Center|