Meet Lauren Cobb, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Gynecologic Oncology and Reproductive Medicine, Division of Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2010||Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA, MD, Medicine|
|2004||Duke University, Durham, NC, USA, BA, Public Policy|
|2014-2017||Clinical Fellowship, Gynecologic Oncology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC|
|2010-2014||Clinical Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD|
|2019||American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology|
|2018||American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology|
Fellow, Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, 2014 - 2017
Resident, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, 2010 - 2014
|2019||Top Performer Award, Top 1%, MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2019||GOG Foundation New Investigator Award, GOG Foundation|
|2018||Top Performer Award, Top 10%, MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2017||Charles B. Hammond Research Day Fellow Prize, Duke University Medical Center|
|2016||Outstanding Fellow Student Teaching Award, Duke University Medical Center|
|2010||Society for Gynecologic Investigation President's Presenter Award, Society for Gynecologic Investigation|
|2010||Glasgow-Rubin Certificate of Commendation for Academic Achievement, American Medical Women's Association|
|2010||Houston Gynecological & Obstetrical Society Award, Houston Gynecological & Obstetrical Society|
|2009||Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, Alpha Omega Honor Society|
- Fleming ND, Westin SN, Meyer LA, Shafer A, Rauh-Hain JA, Onstad M, Cobb L, Bevers M, Fellman BM, Burzawa J, Bhosale P, Zand B, Jazaeri A, Levenback C, Coleman RL, Soliman PT, Sood AK. Correlation of surgeon radiology assessment with laparoscopic disease site scoring in patients with advanced ovarian cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer 31(1):92-97, 2021. e-Pub 2020.
- Gershenson DM, Cobb LP, Sun CC. Endocrine therapy in the management of low-grade serous ovarian/peritoneal carcinoma: Mounting evidence for the relative efficacy of tamoxifen and aromatase inhibitors. Gynecol Oncol 159(3):601-603, 2020. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 33019983.
- Cobb LP, Sun CC, Iyer R, Nick AM, Fleming ND, Westin SN, Sood AK, Wong KK, Silva EG, Gershenson DM. The role of neoadjuvant chemotherapy in the management of low-grade serous carcinoma of the ovary and peritoneum: Further evidence of relative chemoresistance. Gynecol Oncol 158(3):653-658, 2020. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32709538.
- Siamakpour-Reihani S, Cobb LP, Jiang C, Zhang D, Previs RA, Owzar K, Nixon AB, Alvarez Secord A. Differential expression of immune related genes in high-grade ovarian serous carcinoma. Gynecol Oncol 156(3):662-668, 2020. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 31918995.
- Schwartz AR, Lim S, Broadwater G, Cobb L, Valea F, Marosky Thacker J, Habib A, Havrilesky L. Reduction in opioid use and postoperative pain scores after elective laparotomy with implementation of enhanced recovery after surgery protocol on a gynecologic oncology service. Int J Gynecol Cancer 29(5):935-943, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31155518.
- Moulton LJ, Michener CM, Levinson K, Cobb L, Tseng J, Jernigan A. Compliance with research standards within gynecologic oncology fellowship: A Gynecologic Oncology Fellowship Research Network (GOFRN) study. Gynecol Oncol 146(3):647-652, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28698010.
- Wu ES, Oduyebo T, Cobb LP, Cholakian D, Kong X, Fader AN, Levinson KL, Tanner EJ, Stone RL, Piotrowski A, Grossman S, Roche KL. Lymphopenia and its association with survival in patients with locally advanced cervical cancer. Gynecol Oncol 140(1):76-82, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26571200.
- Diaz-Montes TP, Cobb L, Ibeanu OA, Njoku P, Gerardi MA. Introduction of checklists at daily progress notes improves patient care among the gynecological oncology service. J Patient Saf 8(4):189-93, 2012. PMID: 23007241.
- Suter M, Ma J, Harris A, Patterson L, Brown KA, Shope C, Showalter L, Abramovici A, Aagaard-Tillery KM. Maternal tobacco use modestly alters correlated epigenome-wide placental DNA methylation and gene expression. Epigenetics 6(11):1284-94, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21937876.
- Sbrana E, Suter MA, Abramovici AR, Hawkins HK, Moss JE, Patterson L, Shope C, Aagaard-Tillery K. Maternal tobacco use is associated with increased markers of oxidative stress in the placenta. Am J Obstet Gynecol 205(3):246.e1-7, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21803321.
- Durgan DJ, Trexler NA, Egbejimi O, McElfresh TA, Suk HY, Petterson LE, Shaw CA, Hardin PE, Bray MS, Chandler MP, Chow CW, Young ME. The circadian clock within the cardiomyocyte is essential for responsiveness of the heart to fatty acids. J Biol Chem 281(34):24254-69, 2006. e-Pub 2006. PMID: 16798731.
- Cobb LP, Gershenson DM. Treatment of Rare Epithelial Ovarian Tumors. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 32(6):1011 - 1024, 2018. PMID: 30390757.
- Cobb L., Secord A.. Association between Obesity and Clinical Outcomes in Gynecologic Cancer. Current Obstetrics and Gynecology Reports 4((4)):1-9, 2015.
- Cobb LP, Gaillard S, Wang Y, Shih IeM, Secord AA. Adenocarcinoma of Mullerian origin: review of pathogenesis, molecular biology, and emerging treatment paradigms. Gynecol Oncol Res Pract 2:1, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 27231561.
- Cobb LP, Giuntoli RL.. Gestational Trophoblastic Disease. In: Johns Hopkins Manual of Gynecology and Obstetrics. 5. LWW, 2015.
- Cobb LP, Giuntoli RL. Palliative Care. In: Johns Hopkins Manual of Gynecology and Obstetrics. 5. LLW, 2015.