About Dr. Li
Dr. Liang Li is a Professor at the Department of Biostatistics, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
More about Dr. Li's research can be found at https://sites.google.com/site/lianglibiostatistician/home
Present Title & Affiliation
Professor, Department of Biostatistics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Statistical methodology research: Joint modeling of longitudinal and survival data; Dynamic prediction models; Propensity score analysis; Observational studies; Electronic health records; Medical costs modeling; Early phase biomarker studies
Collaborative research in clinical sciences: Chronic pancreatitis; Pancreatic cancer; Hepatocellular carcinoma; Chronic kidney disease; Health services research; Population health; Clinical epidemiology
Education & Training
|2003||University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI, USA, PHD, Statistics|
|1998||Peking University, Beijing, CHN, BS, Genetics and Cell Biology|
Experience & Service
Director, Division of Quantitative Sciences, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center UTHealth Graduate School of Biomedical Science (GSBS), Houston, TX, 2020 - 2022
Honors & Awards
|2020||Fellow of the American Statistical Association|
- Mao H, Li L, Greene T. Propensity score weighting analysis and treatment effect discovery. Stat Methods Med Res 28(8):2439-2454, 2019. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29921162.
- Zhu Y, Li L, Huang X. Landmark linear transformation model for dynamic prediction with application to a longitudinal cohort study of chronic disease. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C, 68(3):771-791, 2019. e-Pub 2019.
- Li L, Greene T, Hu B. A simple method to estimate the time-dependent receiver operating characteristic curve and the area under the curve with right censored data. Stat Methods Med Res 27(8):2264-2278. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 27895266.
- Mao H, Li L, Yang W, Shen Y. On the propensity score weighting analysis with survival outcome: Estimands, estimation, and inference. Stat Med 37:3745-3763. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29855060.
- Li L, Greene T. A weighting analogue to pair matching in propensity score analysis. Int J Biostat 9(2):1-20, 2013. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 23902694.
- Li L, Astor BC, Lewis J, Hu B, Appel LJ, Lipkowitz MS, Toto RD, Wang X, Wright JT, Greene TH. Longitudinal progression trajectory of GFR among patients with CKD. Am J Kidney Dis 59(4):504-12, 2012. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22284441.
- Li L, Hu B, Greene T. A semiparametric joint model for longitudinal and survival data with application to hemodialysis study. Biometrics 65(3):737-745, 2009. e-Pub 2009. PMID: 19173700.
- Li L, Greene T. Varying coefficients model with measurement error. Biometrics 64(2):519-526, 2008. e-Pub 2007. PMID: 17970822.
- Li L, Shao J, Palta M. A longitudinal measurement error model with a semicontinuous covariate. Biometrics 61(3):824-30, 2005. PMID: 16135034.
Grant & Contract Support
|Title:||Cancer Center Support Grant (CCSG) - Biostatistics Resource Group (BRG)|
|Title:||Mechanism-based Approach to Pain in Chronic Pancreatitis (MAP-CP)|
|Funding Source:||NIH/NIDDK subaward via University Of Pittsburgh|
|Title:||Multimodal Imaging and Therapy of Ovarian Cancer|