Lois Ramondetta, M.D., discusses prevention and cancer treatment related to cancer of the cervix.
About Dr. Ramondetta
Dr. Lois Ramondetta is a Full Professor at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Department of Gynecologic Oncology and Reproductive Medicine where she provides surgical and chemotherapy directed patient care as well as resident and fellow training for all types of gynecologic cancers. Dr. Ramondetta also specializes in minimally invasive laparoscopic surgeries.
Dr. Ramondetta is passionate about building a network that will eliminate and eradicate HPV related disease in Texas and beyond. In this effort, she has been a co-lead for MD Anderson Cancer Center HPV Cancer Prevention effort as well as serving on the American Cancer Society (ACS) HPV Roundtable and chairs the Texas HPV Provider Education Work Group.
Dr. Ramondetta has co-authored over 130 peer-reviewed journal articles and book chapters. Her research interests include cancer prevention, HPV vaccination, yoga therapy, clinical trials, supportive care, and the effect of psychological coping style and stress on cancer and quality of life. In 2008, she co-wrote " THE LIGHT WITHIN " with Deborah Sills, PhD published by William Morrow that explores the sanctity of the doctor patient relationship. To better care for patients, she became boarded in Hospice and Palliative Care in 2010. Uniting these interests, she initiated clinical trials targeting the adrenergic pathway, yoga and stress responses in gynecologic cancer patients. Importantly, she incorporates stress reduction/lifestyle wellness techniques into her patient’s lives. In 2019 she became a 500hr RYS certified Yoga Teacher and is exploring new methods to further enhance her patient-centered holistic practice.
Professor, Department of Gynecologic Oncology and Reproductive Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|1993||Robert Wood Johnson Medical Center, Piscataway, NJ, USA, MD, Medical School|
|1989||Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA, BA, Religion|
|1989||Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA, BS, Biology|
|1988||Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA, BA, Lay Chaplaincy Program|
|1997-2000||Fellowship, Gynecologic Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|1993-1997||Resident, OB/GYN, Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA|
|2010||American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Diplomate, Hospice and Palliative Medicine|
|2005||American College of Surgeons - Fellow|
|2003||American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Diplomate, Gynecologic Oncology|
|2001||American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Diplomate, Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|1994||National Board of Medical Examiners of the United States - Diplomate|
Member, ACS HPV Vaccination Roundtable Provider Education Task Group, N/A, 2018 - Present
Member, Council of Science and Public Health, TMA Committee, Houston, TX, 2017 - Present
Chair, Provider education work group, ACS Texas HPV Coalition, Austin, TX, 2017 - Present
Member, TMA HPV working group, Houston, TX, 2016 - Present
Member, Texas HPV Coalition steering committee, Houston, TX, 2016 - Present
Member, ASCO Vaccine Work Group - Under the purview Cancer Prevention Committee, Alexandria, VA, 2016 - Present
Member, Consultant, Immunize Advisory Panel, Texas Medical Association, Austin, TX, 2015 - Present
Member, SGO Palliative Care working group Taskforce Committee, New Orleans, LA, 2010 - Present
Member, Cancer Committee, Texas Medical Association, Austin, TX, 2008 - Present
Chairman, District Cancer Committee, Harris County Hospital District, Houston, TX, 2006 - 2009
Institutional Committee Activities
Member, Credentialing Committee, 2018 - Present
Co-Program Leader, MDACC HPV Cancer Related Moon Shot, 2014 - 2018
Member, PROSPR Advisory Committee, 2011 - 2018
Chair, MDACC Comprehensive Cancer Center Initiative - Cervix Work Group, 2010 - 2014
Advisory Board, GAP Sister Institution KHCC, 2010 - 2014
Chair, Endometrial Working Group, 2006 - 2009
Member, The University of Texas M.D. Cancer Center Uncompensated Care Advisory Committee, 2005 - 2012
Member, Clinical Ethics Committee, 2003 - 2006
Member, Task Force, Spirituality in the Workplace, Office of Institutional Diversity, 2003 - 2005
Member, Cervix Working Group, 2003 - 2008
|2017||John B. Boettiger, Jr. Award for Community Partnership to MDACC for HPV outreach from The Immunization Partnership, TIP, Awarded to HPV Moonshot|
|2017||Adult Safety Net Program Innovation Certificate, The Harris Health System|
|2017||Post-Operative family consultation room built and dedicated to Dr. Ramondetta "The Ramondetta Room", LBJ Hospital|
|2014||Honoree for Hearts of Gold Gala Honoring Women in Health & Medical Science, The Health Museum, Houston TX|
|2014||Top Doctors in Cancer/Oncology, Houstonia Magazine|
|2013||The Kathryn S. Stream Award for Excellence in Women's Health, Texas Medical Center Women's Health Network|
|2012||APGO Excellence in Teaching Award, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center|
|2011||Top Doctors in Cervical Cancer, U.S. News and World Report|
|2010||Shawnee High School Alumni Hall of Fame Inductee, Shawnee High School Alumni|
|2009||Excellence in Patient Care Award Nominee, Katherine Stream Foundation|
|2009||Julie and Ben Rogers Award for Excellence in Patient Care, Julie and Ben Rogers Foundation|
|2008||National Minority Cancer Awareness Week Community Award, MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2008||Who's Who of Executive and Professional Women, Brittmore|
|2005||Educator of the Month, UT M. D. Anderson Cancer Center|
|2003||Outstanding Educator, The Education Week Committee, UT M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2003||Nursing Professional Development & Education Award, UT M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
- Wiley R, Shelal Z, Bernard C, Urbauer D, Toy E, Ramondetta L. Team Based Learning Module for Undergraduate Medical Education: A Module focused on the Human Papilloma Virus to Increase Willingness to Vaccinate. J Cancer Educ 34(2):357-362, 2019. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 29280059.
- Gunther JR, Christensen EN, Allen PK, Ramondetta LM, Jhingran A, Fleming ND, Euscher ED, Lu KH, Eifel PJ, Klopp AH. Role of Radiation Therapy in the Multidisciplinary Management of Uterine Carcinosarcoma. Int J Gynecol Cancer 28(1):114-121, 2018. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28930812.
- Pal N, Broaddus RR, Urbauer DL, Balakrishnan N, Milbourne A, Schmeler KM, Meyer LA, Soliman PT, Lu KH, Ramirez PT, Ramondetta L, Bodurka DC, Westin SN. Treatment of Low-Risk Endometrial Cancer and Complex Atypical Hyperplasia With the Levonorgestrel-Releasing Intrauterine Device. Obstet Gynecol 131(1):109-116, 2018. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 29215513.
- Lairson DR, Fu S, Chan W, Xu L, Shelal Z, Ramondetta L. Mean direct medical care costs associated with cervical cancer for commercially insured patients in Texas. Gynecol Oncol 145(1):108-113, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28196673.
- Prinsloo S, Novy D, Driver L, Ramondetta L, Eng C, Lopez G, Lee R, Lyle R, Cohen L. (552) Neurofeedback to treat chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy (CIPN). J Pain 17(4S):S112-S113, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 28162360.
- Taylor JS, Brown AJ, Prescott LS, Sun CC, Ramondetta LM, Bodurka DC. Dying well: How equal is end of life care among gynecologic oncology patients?. Gynecol Oncol 140(2):295-300, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26706661.
- Kim YJ, Munsell MF, Park JC, Meyer LA, Sun CC, Brown AJ, Bodurka DC, Williams JL, Chase DM, Bruera E, Ramondetta LM. Retrospective review of symptoms and palliative care interventions in women with advanced cervical cancer. Gynecol Oncol 139(3):553-8, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26432043.
- Ramondetta LM, Meyer LA, Schmeler KM, Daheri ME, Gallegos J, Scheurer M, Montealegre JR, Milbourne A, Anderson ML, Sun CC. Avoidable tragedies: Disparities in healthcare access among medically underserved women diagnosed with cervical cancer. Gynecol Oncol 139(3):500-5, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26498912.
- Watkins JL, Thaker PH, Nick AM, Ramondetta LM, Kumar S, Urbauer DL, Matsuo K, Squires KC, Coleman RL, Lutgendorf SK, Ramirez PT, Sood AK. Clinical impact of selective and nonselective beta-blockers on survival in patients with ovarian cancer. Cancer 121(19):3444-51, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26301456.
- Bradford A, Fellman B, Urbauer D, Gallegos J, Meaders K, Tung C, Ramondetta L. Assessment of sexual activity and dysfunction in medically underserved women with gynecologic cancers. Gynecol Oncol 139(1):134-40, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26325527.
- Brown AJ, Sun CC, Urbauer DL, Bodurka DC, Thaker PH, Ramondetta LM. Feeling Powerless: Locus of control as a potential target for supportive care interventions to increase quality of life and decrease anxiety in ovarian cancer patients. Gynecol Oncol 138(2):388-93, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25988961.
- Montealegre JR, Landgren RM, Anderson ML, Hoxhaj S, Williams S, Robinson DJ, Scheurer ME, Ramondetta LM. Acceptability of self-sample papillomavirus testing among medically underserved women visiting the Emergency Department. Gynecol Oncol 138(2):317-22, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26026733.
- Brown AJ, Sun CC, Urbauer D, Zhukovsky DS, Levenback C, Frumovitz M, Thaker PH, Bodurka DC, Ramondetta LM. Targeting those with decreased meaning and peace: a supportive care opportunity. Support Care Cancer 23(7):2025-32, 2015. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 25519758.
- Penson RT, Huang HQ, Wenzel LB, Monk BJ, Stockman S, Long HJ, Ramondetta LM, Landrum LM, Oaknin A, Reid TJ, Leitao MM, Method M, Michael H, Tewari KS. Bevacizumab for advanced cervical cancer: patient-reported outcomes of a randomised, phase 3 trial (NRG Oncology-Gynecologic Oncology Group protocol 240). Lancet Oncol 16(3):301-11, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25638326.
- Armbruster SD, Sun CC, Westin SN, Bodurka DC, Ramondetta L, Meyer LA, Soliman PT. Prospective assessment of patient-reported outcomes in gynecologic cancer patients before and after pelvic exenteration. Gynecol Oncol. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29622276.
- Prinsloo S, Novy D, Driver L, Lyle R, Ramondetta L, Eng C, Lopez G, Li Y, Cohen L. The Long-Term Impact of Neurofeedback on Symptom Burden and Interference in Patients with Chronic Chemotherapy-Induced Neuropathy: Analysis of a Randomized Controlled Trial. J Pain Symptom Manage. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29421164.
- Hwang JP, Ahmed S, Ariza-Heredia EJ, Duan Z, Zhao H, Schmeler KM, Ramondetta L, Parker SL, Suarez-Almazor ME, Ferrajoli A, Shih YT, Giordano SH, Chiao EY. Low Rate of Cervical Cancer Screening among Women with Hematologic Malignancies after Stem Cell Transplant. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29378304.
- Fu S, Lairson DR, Chan W, Wu CF, Ramondetta L. Mean medical costs associated with vaginal and vulvar cancers for commercially insured patients in the United States and Texas. Gynecol Oncol. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 29274828.
- Tewari KS, Sill MW, Penson RT, Huang H, Ramondetta LM, Landrum LM, Oaknin A, Reid TJ, Leitao MM, Michael HE, DiSaia PJ, Copeland LJ, Creasman WT, Stehman FB, Brady MF, Burger RA, Thigpen JT, Birrer MJ, Waggoner SE, Moore DH, Look KY, Koh WJ, Monk BJ. Bevacizumab for advanced cervical cancer: final overall survival and adverse event analysis of a randomised, controlled, open-label, phase 3 trial (Gynecologic Oncology Group 240). Lancet. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28756902.
- Suidan RS, He W, Sun CC, Zhao H, Ramondetta LM, Badgwell BD, Bodurka DC, Lu KH, Giordano SH, Meyer LA. Treatment Patterns, Outcomes, and Costs for Bowel Obstruction in Ovarian Cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28574929.
- Essel KG, Bruegl A, Gershenson DM, Ramondetta LM, Naumann RW, Brown J. Salvage chemotherapy for gestational trophoblastic neoplasia: Utility or futility?. Gynecol Oncol. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28473205.
- Brown AJ, Shen MJ, Urbauer D, Taylor J, Parker PA, Carmack C, Prescott L, Rosemore C, Kolawole E, Sun C, Ramondetta L, Bodurka DC. The Advance Care Planning Readiness Scale: Development and Validation of a Measure of Willingness to Discuss and Acceptance of End-of-Life Care in Gynecologic Cancer Patients. Int J Gynecol Cancer. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28399031.
- Taylor JS, Rajan SS, Zhang N, Meyer LA, Ramondetta LM, Bodurka DC, Lairson DR, Giordano SH. End-of-Life Racial and Ethnic Disparities Among Patients With Ovarian Cancer. J Clin Oncol:JCO2016702894. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28388292.
- Prinsloo S, Novy D, Driver L, Lyle R, Ramondetta L, Eng C, McQuade J, Lopez G, Cohen L. Randomized controlled trial of neurofeedback on chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy: A pilot study. Cancer. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28257146.
- Brown AJ, Thaker PH, Sun CC, Urbauer DL, Bruera E, Bodurka DC, Ramondetta LM. Nothing left to chance? The impact of locus of control on physical and mental quality of life in terminal cancer patients. Support Care Cancer. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28175997.
- Wang Z, Shi N, Naing A, Janku F, Subbiah V, Araujo DM, Patel SR, Ludwig JA, Ramondetta LM, Levenback CF, Ramirez PT, Piha-Paul SA, Hong D, Karp DD, Tsimberidou AM, Meric-Bernstam F, Fu S. Survival of patients with metastatic leiomyosarcoma: the MD Anderson Clinical Center for targeted therapy experience. Cancer Med. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27882721.
- Soliman PT, Zhang Q, Broaddus RR, Westin SN, Iglesias D, Munsell MF, Schmandt R, Yates M, Ramondetta L, Lu KH. Prospective evaluation of the molecular effects of metformin on the endometrium in women with newly diagnosed endometrial cancer: A window of opportunity study. Gynecol Oncol. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27745917.
- Bui TC, Thai TN, Tran LT, Shete SS, Ramondetta LM, Basen-Engquist KM. Association between vaginal douching and genital human papillomavirus infection among women in the United States. J Infec Dis. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27553042.
- Javaid M, Ashrawi D, Landgren R, Stevens L, Bello R, Foxhall L, Mims M, Ramondetta L. Human papillomavirus vaccine uptake in Texas pediatric care settings: a statewide survey of healthcare professionals. J Community Health. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27473752.
- Brown AJ, Shen MJ, Urbauer D, Taylor J, Parker PA, Carmack C, Prescott L, Kolawole E, Rosemore C, Sun C, Ramondetta L, Bodurka DC. Room for improvement: An examination of advance care planning documentation among gynecologic oncology patients. Gynecol Oncol. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27439968.
- Ramondetta LM. The importance of hope during treatment. Coping Magazine(Jan/Feb 2012):20-21, 2012.
- Diekem DS, Fallat ME, Antommaria AH, Holzman IR, Katz AL, Leuthner SR, Ross LF, Webb SA, Weise KL, Ralston SJ, Lyerly AD, Bernstein J, Brincat CA, Burda ML, Childress JF, Farrell RM, Frederickson HL, Kroncke FG, Marshall MF, Minkoff HL, Ramondetta LM, Spillman MA, Werden JJ. Maternal-fetal Intervention and fetal care centers. Pediatrics 128(2):473-478, 2011. PMID: 21788223.
- Ramondetta LM. End of life issues. Obstetrics and Gynecology: ACOG Ethics Committee-Opinion, 2008.
- Ramondetta L. Lymphatic anatomy and physiology. Op Tech Gyn Surg 6:7-12, 2001.
Manuals, Teaching Aids, Other Teaching Publications
- Ramondetta, LM. Patient Education Information (Update). Cervical Cancer Module for US News & World Report website, 2009.
- Ramondetta LM. Patient Education Information. Cervical Cancer Module for US News & World Report website, 2007.
- Ramondetta, LM. Resident and student responsibilities of the gynecologic oncology and colposcopy service handbook, 2001.
- Ramondetta LM HPV inoculations gaining acceptance. Cover story, Section K, 2013.
- Ramondetta LM The Time Is Now, First Cervical Cancer Summit review article, A patchwork of partners, Annual Report:43, 2011.
- Hosemann S, Jhingran A, Ramondetta LM Researchers seek to understand the mysteries of uterine cancer and to find better treatments. OncoLog. MD Anderson OncoLog 49((10)), 2004.
- Ramondetta L Gott I The cancer that sends out an early warning. The University of Health Science Center, Houston publication, Health Leader, 2002.
- Ramondetta L Gott I CA-125: Not the "Ah-HAH" for diagnosing ovarian cancer. Part I. The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston publication, Health Leader, 2002.
- Ramondetta L Gott I CA-125 and ovarian cancer. It may not be the "Ah-HAH", but it might be the Hmmm Part II. The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston publication, Health Leader, 2002.
- Burke T, Jhingran A, Ramondetta L Guidelines for endometrial cancer. Clinical Discussion: Endometrial cancer. MD Anderson OncoLog 47((12)), 2002.
- Aga I, Ramondetta LM, Kilpatrick CC, Orejuela FJ Intra-operative Anaphylaxis-Undiagnosed Latex Allergy. The Female Patient.
- Ramondetta LM, Jhingran A. Eleven Years: The Long and Winding Road. Gynecol Oncol 107(2)(2):166-168, 2007. PMID: 17950382.
- Ramondetta L, Kang Y, Hu W, Sun C, Kott M, Deavers M, Klopp A, Thaker P, Smith J, Sood A. The clinical significance of beta adrenergic receptor expression in cervical cancer tissue. SGO 2013 Annual Meeting on Women's Cancer, Los Angeles, CA(0604), 2013.
- Bradford A, Ramondetta LM, Soliman PT, Westin SN. Symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorder in women who have undergone exenterative pelvic surgery for treatment of gynecologic malignancy. SGO 2013 Annual Meeting on Women's Cancer, Los Angeles, CA(0549), 2013.
- Silvas EV, Ramondetta LR. 2012 Cervical Cancer Summit: Raising awareness, identifying barriers. 2012 CPRIT Conference, Cervical Cancer Summit(69), 2012.
- Bradford A, Urbauer D, Palencia J, Panto C, Nogueras-Gonzalez G, Bodurka D, Sun C, Ramondetta L. Assessment of sexual dysfunction in medically underserved patients with gynecologic cancers. 2012 World Meeting on Sexual Medicine, Chicago, IL(425), 2012.
- Ramondetta LM, Urbauer D, Zhukovsky DS, Bevers MW, Brown J, Bodurka DC, Thaker PH, Sun CC. Longitudinal study of hope, meaning/peace (M/P) and quality of life (QOL) in patients (pts) with ovarian cancer (OC). 2012 ASCO Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL(100101), 2012.
- Ramondetta L, Sun C, Konishi T, Baider L, Ripamonti C, Olver I, Johnson J, Surbone A. Surprising results regarding MASCC members and beliefs about spiritual care. MASCC/ISOO 2012 International Symposium on Supportive Care in Cancer, New York, NY 20(Suppl 1):S136-137, 2012.
- Frumovitz M, Macapinlac H, Ramondetta L, Klopp A. Anatomic location of PET positive paraaortic nodes in patients with locally advanced cervcal cancer. 17th International Meeting of the European Society of Gynaecological Oncology, Milan, Italy(A-373-0004-01327), 2011.
- Ramondetta LR, Sun, CC. Protective effects of spirituality and religiosity in underserved women with cervical cancer (CxCa). Suppportive Care in Cancer, MASCC/ISOO 2011 International Symposium, Athens, Greece 19(2 - June 2011):S316, #723, 2011.
- Euscher E, Wei C, Ramondetta L, Broaddus R.. Reverse-phase protein lysate array identified popential therapeutic targets in uterine carcinosarcoma. 42nd Annual Meeting of the Society of Gynecologic Oncologists, Orlando, Florida 120(212), 2011.
- Bodurka D, Sun C, Jhingran A, Urbauer D, Levenback C, Eifel P, Ramondetta L, Ramirez P, Frumovitz M. Schover L.. A longitudinal evaluation of sexual functioning and quality of life in cervical cancer survirors. 42nd Annual Meeting of the Society of Gynecologic Oncologists, Orlando, Florida 120(187), 2011.
- Ramondetta LM, Zhukovsky D, Urbauer DL, Basen-Enquist K, Levenback C, Bevers M, Thacker P, Sun C. Factors Contributing to Anxiety, Depression in Newly Diagnosed Ovarian Cancer Patients. MASCC 2010 Supportive Care in Cancer. Vancouver, BC Canada, 2010.
- Bodurka DC, Jhingran A, Ramondetta LM, Eifel PJ, Crane CH, Phan AT, Urbauer DL, Frumovitz MM, Elting LS, Sun CC. Visual analog scale (VAS) and time trade-off (TTO) preferences for side effects (SE) of chemoradiation (chemoXRT): A comparison of patients (pts) and caregivers (CG). ASCO 2010 Annual Meeting; Chicago, IL, June 4, 2010, 2010.
- Ramondetta LM. Barriers to Cervical Cancer Screening in Medically Underserved Women: Still more to be done. Society of Gynecologic Oncologists 41st Annual Meeting on Women's Cancer, 2010.
- Ramondetta LM, Sun C,. The Effects of Hope and Spirituality on Quality of Life (QOL) in Newly Diagnosed Ovarian Cancer Patients. IGCS Annual 2010 Meeting, Prague, Czech Republic, 2010.
- Burzawa JJ, Schmeler KM, Soliman PT, Lacour RA, Meyer LA, Bevers MW, Frumovitz MM, Pustlnik TN. Brown J, Anderson ML, Ramondetta LM, Tortolero-Luna G, Gershenson DM, Lu K. Prospective, population-based evaluation of insulin resistance, polycystic ovary syndrome and metabolic syndrome in a cohort of patients with endometrial cancer. Gynecol Oncol 112, Suppl 1(2):S85, 2009.
- Gano JB, Palencia JI, Folloder JK, Hughes MK and Ramondetta LM. Assessment of the prevalence of sexual dysfunction, depression and anxiety in underserved and minority patients with gynecologic cancers. Onc Nurs Forum, 10th Annual Conference on Cancer Nursing Research, 36(1):Abstract 67, 2009.
- Ramondetta LM, Johnson AJ, Urbauer DL, Achanta LM, Thaker PH, Kavanagh JJ, Koenig HG, Sun CC. Religion and Spiritual Beliefs in Gynecologic Oncologist. IGCS 2008 12th Biennial Meeting, International Gynecologic Cancer Society, 2008.
- Johnson AJ, Urbauer DL, Achanta LM, Thaker PH, Kavanagh JJ, Koenig HG, Ramondetta LM. Gynecologic Oncologists Have a High Internal Locus of Control. IGCS 2008 12th Biennial Meeting, International Gynecologic Cancer Society, 2008.
- Ramondetta LM, Johnson AJ, Urbauer DL, Achanta LM, Thaker PH, Kavanagh JJ, Koenig HG, Sun CC. Religion and Spirituality: How Gynecologic Oncologist Ask. IGCS 2008 12th Biennial Meeting, International Gynecologic Cancer Society, 2008.
- Ramondetta LM, Johnson AJ, Sun CC, Achanta L, Kavanagh J, Koenig H. A Survey on the Role of Religion and Spirituality in Gynecologic Oncologist. MASCC/ISOO 2008 International Symposium, 2008.
- Gano J, Haun L, Palenica J, Urbauer D, Folloder J, Ramondetta LM,. Assessment of the Prevalence of Sexual Dysfunction, Depression and Anxiety in Underserved and Minority Patients with Gynecologic Cancers. MASCC/ISOO 2008 International Symposium, 2008.
- Sun CC, Aguilliard J, Jhingran A, Eifel P, Crane CH, Phan A, Ramondetta LM, Frumovitz MF, Elting L, Bodurka DC. Preferences for Side Effects of Chemoradiation: Focus on Nausea and Vomiting. 2008 Annual Meeting of the Multinational Association for Supportive Care in Cancer, 2008.
- Slomovitz BM, Lu KH, Johnston T, Munsell M, Ramondetta LM, Broaddus RR, Coleman RL, Walker C, Gershenson DM, Burke TW, Wolf J. A Phase II study of oral mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) inhibitor, RAD001 (everolimus), in patients with recurrent endometrial carcinoma (EC). ASCO Annual Meeting, 2008.
- Wenzel LB, Huang H, Cella D, Monk BJ, Sill MW, Mckeekin SD, Cohn DE, Ramondetta LM, Boardman CH, Benda J.. Quality of Life results of a randomized phase III trial of four cisplatin (CIS) containing doublet combinations instage IVB cervical carcinoma: A Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG) study. ASCO Annual Meeting, 2008.
- Thaker P, Sun CC, Bodurka D, Palmer JL, Pei BL, Willey J, Bruera E, Ramondetta LM,. Quality of Life, Spirituality, and Locus of Control in a Palliative Care Setting. MASCC/ISOO 2008 International Symposium, 2008.
- Monk BJ, Sill M, McMeekin DS, Cohn DE, Ramondetta LM, Boardman CH, Benda J. A randomized phase III trial of four cisplatin (CIS) containing doublet combinations in stage IVB, recurrent or persistent cervical carcinoma: A Gynecologic Oncology (GOG) study. ASCO Annual Meeting 2008, 2008.
- Burke TW, Navo MA, Smith JA, Jung MS, Broaddus R, Iyer RB, Lu KH, Sun CC, Atkinson EN, Ramondetta LM. Phase II trial of Mifepristone (RU-486) in advanced or recurrent endometrioid adenocarcinoma or low-grade endometrial stromal sarcoma (LGESS). ASCO Annual Meeting, 2007.
- Ramondetta LM, Lacour RA, Euscher ED, Iyer RB, Atkinson EN, Gano JB, Milam MR, Ramirez PT, Levenback CF, Burke, TW. A Phase II Multicenter Trial of Paclitaxel and Carboplatin in Women with Advanced or Recurrent Malignant Mixed Mullerian Tumors (MMMT) of the Uterus. ASCO Annual Meeting, 2007.
- Gaikwad A, Yu J, Ramirez P, Ramondetta L, Smith JA. Characterization of Hormone Receptor Expression in Gynecologic Cancer cell lines. Presentation at the AACR Annual Meeting, Los Angeles, CA, 2007.
- Milam MR, Gano J, Ramondetta LM, Brown J, Jhingran A, Deavers M, Ramirez PT. Laparoscopic Extraperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection in Patients with Locally Advanced Cervical Cancer: A Pilot Study. Poster selected for 38th Annual Society of Gynecologic Oncologists Meeting, 2007.
- Thaker PH, Sun C, Bodurka DC, Palmer JL, Pei B, Willey J, Breuera E, Ramondetta LM. Spirituality, quality of life, and locus of control in a palliative care setting. Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, 2006.
- Thaker PH, Sun C, Bodurka DC, Palmer JL, Pei BL, Willey J, Bruera E, Ramondetta LM. Spirituality and locus of control in a palliative care setting. Proceedings of the 37th Annual Meeting of the Society of Gynecologic Oncologists:S107, 2006.
- Slomovitz B, Lu K, Burke TW, Soliman PT, Schmeler K, Munsell M, Johnston T, Coleman R, Ramondetta L, Gershenson DM, Wolf J. mTOR is a rational target for the treatment of endometrial cancer: Preliminary results of a phase II study of RAD001 for patients with recurrent endometrial cancer. Proceedings of the 37th Annual Meeting of the Society of Gynecologic Oncologists:S110, 2006.
- Milam MR, Slomovitz BM, Schmeler KM, Soliman PT, Ramirez PT, Sun C, Eifel PJ, Ramondetta LM, Lu KH. Management and patterns of recurrence of women with occult stage II endometrioid endometrial cancer. Proceedings of the 37th Annual Meeting of the Society of Gynecologic Oncologists:S177, 2006.
- Lee, CM, Slomovitz BM, Greer M, Sharma S, Burke T, Gershenson DM, Lu KH, Ramondetta LM (Mentoring Author). Practice patterns of SGO members for stage IIIA endometrial cancers. Proceedings Society of Gynecologic Oncologists Annual Meeting on Women's Cancer, Fountainebleau Hilton Resort, Miami Beach, FL, 2005.
- Slomovitz BM, Burke TW, Soliman PT, Ramondetta LM, Eifel PJ, Jhingran A, Wolf J, Sun CC, Gershenson DM, Lu KH. Patterns of recurrence of uterine papillary serous carcinoma. Gynecol Oncol 96:909-1020, 2005.
- Slomovitz BM, Ramondetta LM, Crotzer D, Soliman P, Schmeler K, Broaddus RR, Sun CC, Gershenson DM, Burke TW, Lu KH. Clinical and pathologic review of clear cell carcinoma of the endometrium: A single institution study of 81 patients. Gynecol Oncol 96:903-1020, 2005.
- Slomovitz BM, Coleman R, Soliman PT, Ramondetta LM, Wolf J, Sun CC, Gershenson DM, Burke TW, Lu KH. Is there a survival difference between clear cell and serous carcinoma of the endometrium? A stage and age-matched cohort study of high-risk endometrial carcinoma: Is there a difference between clear cell and serous carcinoma?. Proceedings of the American Society of Clinical Oncology 41st Annual Meeting 23:5081, 2005.
- Jarrett L, Brown J, Hollier L, Sun C, Hughes A, Jhingran A, Ramondetta L (Mentoring Author). Analysis of cervical cancer treatment in an indigent population: How are we using hospital resources?. Update in Obstetrics and Gynecology 2004, The St. Regis Hotel, Houston, TX, 2004.
- Basen-Engquist K, Scruggs S, Taylor CC, Jhingran A, Bodurka DC, Lu KH, Ramondetta LM, Shinn EH. Obesity and physical functioning in endometrial cancer survivors. Proceedings of the 25th Annual Meeting and Scientific Sessions of the Society of Behavioral Medicine, Marriott Waterfront Hotel, Baltimore, MD, 2004.
- Jenkins AD, Ramondetta LM (Mentoring Author), Johnston T, Sun CC, Wolf JK, Bodurka DC, Atkinson EN, Levenback CF. A phase II study of capecitabine in recurrent squamous cell carcinoma of the cervix. Proceedings of the 35th Annual Meeting of the Society of Gynecologic Oncologists, San Diego Marriott Hotel & Marina, San Diego, CA, 2004.
- Ramondetta LM, Slomovitz B, Caudell JJ, Lu KH, Broaddus RR, Gershenson DM, Deavers MT. Imatinib mesylate (Gleevec)-targeted kinases are expressed in uterine sarcomas. Proceedings of the 35th Annual Meeting of the Society of Gynecologic Oncologists, San Diego Marriott Hotel & Marina, San Diego, CA, 2004.
- Brown J, Shvartsman H, Deavers MT, Ramondetta LM, Burke TW, Munsell MF, Gershenson DM. Taxane-based chemotherapy compared with bleomycin, etoposide, and cisplatin for the treatment of sex cord-stromal ovarian tumors. Proceedings of the 35th Annual Meeting of the Society of Gynecologic Oncologists, San Diego Marriott Hotel & Marina, San Diego, CA, February 7-11, 2004. Gynecol Oncol 92:402, 2004.
- Orejuela FJ, Ramondetta LM (Mentoring Author), Hollier L, Li Y, Lemos L, Broaddus R. Estrogen and progesterone receptors and cyclooxygenase-2 expression in normal endometrium, endometrial hyperplasia and endometrial adenocarcinoma. Updates in Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2003, Presented by the University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Sciences and Memorial Hermann Hospital, The St. Regis Hotel, Houston, TX, 2003.
- Ramondetta LM, Robinson JB, Li Y, Burke TW, Broaddus R. Effect of mifepristone on endometrial cancer cell lines. Proceedings of the 39th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, McCormick Place Hotel, Chicago, IL, 2003.
- Pothuri B, Ramondetta LM, Deavers MT, Barakat RR Soslow R. p53 immunoreactivity in endometrial cancers developing after radiation treatment for cervical cancer. Proceedings of the United States of Canadian Academy of Pathology 92nd Annual Meeting, Marriott Wardman Park, Washington, DC, 2003.
- Caudell JJ, Deavers MT, Slomovitz BM, Lu KH, Broaddus RR, Gershenson DM, Ramondetta LM. Gleevec (imatinib mesylate) targeted kinases are activated in uterine sarcomas. Proceedings of the 44th Annual Clinical Conference: Molecular Therapeutics for Cancer Metastasis. The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, J. W. Marriott Hotel, 2003.
- Slomovitz BM, Ramondetta LM, Oh J, Lee C, Jhingran A, Eifel PJ, Burke TW, Gershenson DM, Lu KH. Heterogeneity of stage IIIA endometrial carcinomas: implications for adjuvant treatment. Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the American Radium Society, 2003.
- Ramondetta LM, Broaddus R, Wolf J, Levenback C, Bevers M, Burke TW. A phase II trial of cisplatin and ifosfamide/mesna in patients with advanced or recurrent uterine mixed mullerian tumors. Proceedings of the American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting, Session title: Gynecologic Cancer: Advances in therapy, 2002.
- Pothuri B, Ramondetta LM (Mentoring Author), Martino M, Alektiar K, Eifel PJ, Deavers MT, Venkatraman E, Soslow RA, Barakat RR. Development of endometrial cancer after radiation treatment for cervical carcinoma. Proceedings of the American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting, Orlando, FL, 2002.
- Schimp VL, Ramondetta LM, Jenkins AW, Modesitt SC, Zu Z, Burke TW, Wolf JK. In vivo adenovirus-mediated p53, p21, and p16 tumor suppressor therapy in uterine papillary serous adenocarcinoma. Proceedings of the American Association of Cancer Research Annual Meeting 43:83, 2002.
- Oh Jonathan, Ramondetta LM (Mentoring Author), Fritsche HA, Bast RC, Mills GB, Wolf JK. Serum IGF-1, IGFBP-2, and IGFBP-3 in advanced ovarian cancer. Proceedings of the American Association for Cancer Research Annual meeting, Poster Session Cell and Tumor Biology 10 43:189, 2002.
- Holtz D, Ramondetta LM (Mentoring Author), Burke TW, Palazzo JP, Dunton CJ, Atkinson EN, Broaddus R. PTEN expression in tamoxifen-associated endometrial cancers. Proceedings of the American Association of Cancer Research Annual Meeting, Poster Session Cell and Tumor Biology (10)43:455, 2002.
- Broaddus RR Ramondetta LM. Estrogen receptor (ER), progesterone receptor (PR), KIT (CD117), and HER-2/neu immunohistochemical expression in uterine malignant mixed mullerian tumors. Mod Pathol 15:192A, 2002.
- Callister M, Jhingran A, Ramondetta LM, Burke TW, Eifel P. Malignant mixed mullerian tumors of the uterus: Analysis of patterns of failure, prognostic factors, and treatment outcomes. Proceedings of the American Radium Society 83rd Annual Meeting, 2001.
- Ramirez P, Gershenson DM, Ramondetta L, Fightmaster D, Wharton JT, Wolf JK. Expression of the cell cycle mediators Bax, bcl-2, mdm-2, and Rb in ovarian cancer cells after transduction with p16, p21 and p53. Cancer Res 40:221, 1999.
- Wolf JK, Fightmaster D, Ramondetta L, Ramirez P, Mills G, Gershenson DM. Chemotherapy plus adenovirus-p53 gene therapy: The effect of combination therapy on cell growth, arrest, and apoptosis. Gynecol Oncol 72:457, 1999.
- Ramondetta LM, Fields MM, Fisch MJ. Supportive Care: Chapter 14. In: Ovarian Cancer: State of the Art. Remecia Medical Education and Publishing: London, UK, 185-227, 2009.
- Ramondetta LM, Sills D. Spirituality and Religion in the "Art of Dying". In: Annual Editions: Dying, Death, and Bereavement, Unit 3. The Dying Process. Contemporary Learning Series: Dubuque, IA, 89-91, 2007.
- Euscher E, Lacour R, Ramondetta L. Predictors of Outcome in Malignant Mixed Mullerian Tumors of the Uterus (Chapter 15). In: In Prognostic and Predictive Factors in Gynecologic Cancers. Informa HealthcareUK Ltd, London: London, England, 2007.
- Ramondetta LM, Bodurka DC, Deavers M, Jhingran A. The treatment of uterine sarcomas. In: Eifel PJ, Gershenson DM, Kavanagh JJ, Silva EG (eds.) M. D. Anderson Cancer Care Series, Gynecologic Cancer, 125-147, 2006.
- Ramondetta LM, Burke TW, Broaddus R, Jhingran A.. Treatment of endometrial cancer. In: Eifel PJ, Gershenson DM, Kavanagh JJ, Silva EG (eds.) M. D. Anderson Cancer Care Series, Gynecologic Cancer, 148-174, 2006.
- Ramondetta LM, Jenkins D.. Spiritual Suffering of the Cancer Pain Patient. In: Practical Aspects of Cancer Pain Management. McGraw-Hill Publishers: Columbus, OH, 2006.
- Ramondetta LM Lu KH. Controversies in endometrial cancer screening, diagnosis, and staging. Chapter 17. In: Gynecologic Cancer: Controversies in Management. Churchill Livingstone, The Curtis Center, 241-247, 2004.
Books (edited and written)
- Lois M. Ramondetta, MD and Deborah Rose Sills, Ph.D.. The Light Within; If not now, when?. William Morrow, Harper Collins, 2008.