Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, Division of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Gastroenterology, Hepat,& Nutr, Division of Internal Medicine, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2005||University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA, MBA, Master of Business Administration|
|1993||Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA, USA, MD, Medicine|
|1986||The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA, BSN, Bachelor of Science Nursing|
|1997-1998||Clinical Fellowship, Regional Anesthesia and Acute Pain, Virginia Mason Clinic, Seattle, WA|
|1993-1997||Clinical Residency, Anesthesiology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL|
|1999||American Board of Anesthesiology-Life Certificate|
|1994||National Board of Medical Examiners|
Department of Anesthesiology Chair Search Advisory Committee Member, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2019 - Present
Faculty Recruitment Advisory Committee Member, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2019 - Present
Facilitator Task Force/Lead of Leads Focus Groups, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2014 - Present
Committee Chair, Departmental Policy and Procedures Committee, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2012 - Present
Section Chief, Department of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Management, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 2005 - 2006
Institutional Committee Activities
Member, PRS Executive Council, 2020 - Present
Ex-Officio Member, Diversity Council, 2019 - Present
Member, CME Advisory Committee, 2018 - Present
Member, PRS Budget and Finance Committee, 2017 - 2019
Member, PRS Retirement Board, 2015 - 2017
Member, Faculty Senate, 2015 - Present
Member, Diversity Council, 2014 - 2019
Member, Project Reviewer, Quality Improvement Assessment Board, 2009 - Present
|2020||Fellow of the American Society of Anesthesiologists (FASA), American Society of Anesthesiology|
|2019||American College of Healthcare Executive Status, American College of Healthcare Executives|
|2019||Faculty Excellence Educational and Mentorship Advancement Honoree, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer CenterMD Anderson|
|2019||Diversity Champion Award, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2006||Beta Kappa Sigma, University of South Florida|
|2006||Phi Kappa Phi, University of South Florida|
|1996||Alpha Omega Alpha, Medical College of Georgia|
|1989||Z.W. Gramling Award for Excellence in Anesthesia, Medical College of Georgia|
- Short TG, Campbell D, Frampton C, Chan MTV, Myles PS, Corcoran TB, Sessler DI, Mills GH, Cata JP, Painter T, Byrne K, Han R, Chu MHM, McAllister DJ, Leslie K; Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists Clinical Trials Network; Balanced Anaesthesia Study Group. Anaesthetic depth and complications after major surgery: an international, randomised controlled trial. Lancet 394(10212):1907-1914, 2019.
- Cata JP, Owusu-Agyeang P, Nguyen LT, Ifeanyi-Pillette IC, Van Meter A, Dangler LA, Feng L. An Assessment of the Survival Impact of Multimodal Anesthesia/Analgesia Technique in Adults Undergoing Cytoreductive Surgery with Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy: A Propensity Score Matched Analysis. International Journal of Hyperthermia 36(2019-Issue 1), 2019. e-Pub 2019.
- Dangler LA. Bees, Puffballs and Richardson. J Anest Hist 4(January 2018), 2018.
- Dangler LA. Methoxyflurane: Like a Phoenix Rising From the Ashes. J Anesth Hist 1(3):90-1, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26930091.
- Wang RD, Dangler LA, Radson E, Howe BL, Greengrass R. Foundation and early history of the international association for ambulatory surgery: 1995-2001. Ambulatory Surgery 13(2), 2007.
- Wang RD, Dangler LA. Management of peripheral nerve catheters at home. Ambulatory Surg 13(2):7-50, 2007.
- Dangler LA, Wilku H, Mace J, Good M, Mahla M. Transition to practice (TTP): A pilot PGY-4 private practice clinical simulation designed to refine and assess ACGME core competencies, abstracted. Anesthesiology 103:A1216, 2005.
- Wang RD, Dangler LA. Update on Ropivacaine. Expert Opinion Pharmacother 2:2051-2063, 2001.
- Dangler LA, Rahlfs T. Recruiting for Diversity. ASA Monitor: The Newsletter of the American society of Anesthesiologists 84(7):30-31, 2020.
- Dangler LA. A Diverse Perioperative Physician Workforce Includes Those With Disabilities. ASA Monitor: The Newsletter of the American society of Anesthesiologists 83(6):20, 2019.
- Dangler LA. Hyponatremia. In: Morgan and Mikhail's Clinical Anesthesiology Case Study Textbook. McGraw- Hill, 2020.
- Dangler LA. Oliguria. In: Morgan and Mikhail's Clinical Anesthesiology Case Study Textbook. McGraw- Hill, 2020.
- Robinson A, Dangler LA. Chapter 15. Open Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair. In: Acute Pain Medicine (American Academy of Pain Medicine). Oxford, 2019.
- Dangler LA. Bone Marrow Harvest Transplantation. In: Five-Minute Anesthesia Consults, 2012.