|2005||University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA, MBA, Master of Business Administration|
|1993||Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA, USA, MD, Medicine|
|1986||The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA, BSN, Bachelor of Science Nursing|
|1997-1998||Clinical Fellowship, Regional Anesthesia and Acute Pain, Virginia Mason Clinic, Seattle, WA|
|1993-1997||Clinical Residency, Anesthesiology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL|
|1999||American Board of Anesthesiology-No Expiration|
|1994||National Board of Medical Examiners|
Clinical Professor, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, Division of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2021 - Present
Clinical Professor, Department of Gastroenterology, Hepat,& Nutr, Division of Internal Medicine, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2021 - Present
Department of Anesthesiology Chair Search Advisory Committee Member, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2019 - Present
Faculty Recruitment Advisory Committee Member, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2019 - Present
Facilitator Task Force/Lead of Leads Focus Groups, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2014 - Present
Committee Chair, Departmental Policy and Procedures Committee, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2012 - Present
Section Chief, Department of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Management, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 2005 - 2006
Institutional Committee Activities
Member, PRS Executive Council, 2020 - Present
Ex-Officio Member, Diversity Council, 2019 - Present
Member, CME Advisory Committee, 2018 - Present
Member, PRS Budget and Finance Committee, 2017 - 2019
Member, PRS Retirement Board, 2015 - 2017
Member, Faculty Senate, 2015 - Present
Member, Diversity Council, 2014 - 2019
Member, Project Reviewer, Quality Improvement Assessment Board, 2009 - Present
|2020||Fellow of the American Society of Anesthesiologists (FASA), American Society of Anesthesiology|
|2019||American College of Healthcare Executive Status, American College of Healthcare Executives|
|2019||Faculty Excellence Educational and Mentorship Advancement Honoree, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer CenterMD Anderson|
|2019||Diversity Champion Award, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2006||Beta Kappa Sigma, University of South Florida|
|2006||Phi Kappa Phi, University of South Florida|
|1996||Alpha Omega Alpha, Medical College of Georgia|
|1989||Z.W. Gramling Award for Excellence in Anesthesia, Medical College of Georgia|
- Short TG, Campbell D, Frampton C, Chan MTV, Myles PS, Corcoran TB, Sessler DI, Mills GH, Cata JP, Painter T, Byrne K, Han R, Chu MHM, McAllister DJ, Leslie K; Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists Clinical Trials Network; Balanced Anaesthesia Study Group. Anaesthetic depth and complications after major surgery: an international, randomised controlled trial. Lancet 394(10212):1907-1914, 2019.
- Cata JP, Owusu-Agyeang P, Nguyen LT, Ifeanyi-Pillette IC, Van Meter A, Dangler LA, Feng L. An Assessment of the Survival Impact of Multimodal Anesthesia/Analgesia Technique in Adults Undergoing Cytoreductive Surgery with Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy: A Propensity Score Matched Analysis. International Journal of Hyperthermia 36(2019-Issue 1), 2019. e-Pub 2019.
- Dangler LA. Bees, Puffballs and Richardson. J Anest Hist 4(January 2018), 2018.
- Dangler LA. Methoxyflurane: Like a Phoenix Rising From the Ashes. J Anesth Hist 1(3):90-1, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26930091.
- Wang RD, Dangler LA, Radson E, Howe BL, Greengrass R. Foundation and early history of the international association for ambulatory surgery: 1995-2001. Ambulatory Surgery 13(2), 2007.
- Wang RD, Dangler LA. Management of peripheral nerve catheters at home. Ambulatory Surg 13(2):7-50, 2007.
- Dangler LA, Wilku H, Mace J, Good M, Mahla M. Transition to practice (TTP): A pilot PGY-4 private practice clinical simulation designed to refine and assess ACGME core competencies, abstracted. Anesthesiology 103:A1216, 2005.
- Wang RD, Dangler LA. Update on Ropivacaine. Expert Opinion Pharmacother 2:2051-2063, 2001.
- Dangler LA, Rahlfs T. Recruiting for Diversity. ASA Monitor: The Newsletter of the American society of Anesthesiologists 84(7):30-31, 2020.
- Dangler LA. A Diverse Perioperative Physician Workforce Includes Those With Disabilities. ASA Monitor: The Newsletter of the American society of Anesthesiologists 83(6):20, 2019.
- Dangler LA. Hyponatremia. In: Morgan and Mikhail's Clinical Anesthesiology Case Study Textbook. McGraw- Hill, 2020.
- Dangler LA. Oliguria. In: Morgan and Mikhail's Clinical Anesthesiology Case Study Textbook. McGraw- Hill, 2020.
- Robinson A, Dangler LA. Chapter 15. Open Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair. In: Acute Pain Medicine (American Academy of Pain Medicine). Oxford, 2019.
- Dangler LA. Bone Marrow Harvest Transplantation. In: Five-Minute Anesthesia Consults, 2012.