Present Title & Affiliation
Assistant Professor, Department of Endocrine Neoplasia and Hormonal Disorders, Division of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics Patient Care, Division of Pediatrics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Education & Training
|2015||The University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX, USA, MD, Medicine|
|2010||The University of Texas, Austin, TX, USA, BS, Human Biology|
|2010||The University of Texas, Austin, TX, USA, BA, Sociology|
|2022-2023||Clinical Fellowship, The University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2019-2022||Research Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital, Diabetes Research Center, Boston, MA|
|2018-2021||Clinical Internship, Pediatric Endocrinology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA|
|2015-2018||Clinical Residency, Pediatrics, Dell Children's Hospital, Austin, TX|
|2021||American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatric Endocrinology|
|2018||American Board of Pediatrics, General Pediatrics|
Experience & Service
Instructor, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, 2021 - 2022
Assistant Pediatrician, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, 2021 - 2022
- Castellanos L, Iorgulescu J. Comparative analysis of encapsulated angioinvasive and minimally invasive subtypes of follicular thyroid carcinoma in the United States,. American Thyroid Association Annual Meeting, 2022.
- Castellanos L, Balliro C, Sherwood J, Hillard M, Selagamsetty R, El-Khatib F, Zheng H, Damiano E, Russell S. A random-order, double-blinded, placebo-controlled study of the bionic pancreas in the bihormonal vs. the insulin-only configuration using 2 different glucose targets in adults with type 1 diabetes in a standardized exercise setting. American Diabetes Association Annual Meeting, 2022.
- Castellanos L, Gutierrez C, Smith T, Laws E, Iorgulescu J. Epidemiology of adult pituitary tumors in the U.S. according to the 2017 WHO Classification of Endocrinology Tumours. Society for Neuro-Oncology Conference, 2021.
- Castellanos L, Zheng H, Balliro C, Sherwood J, Magnus Ekelund M, El-Khatib F, Damiano E, Russell S. Individual glycemic response to faster aspart delivered by the Ilet bionic pancreas with non-default vs. default Tmax settings. American Diabetes Association Annual Meeting, 2020.
- Castellanos L, Sherwood J, Stanley T, Savgan-Gurol E. 20-month old girl with tall stature and hyperpigmentation: a case of familial glucocorticoid deficiency. Horm Res Pediatr 93((Suppl.1)):1-185, 2020.
- Castellanos L, Gibson S, Nieto K. 9-year-old with hyponatremia: some side effects actually happen,. Pediatric Hospitalist Medicine National Conference, 2017.
Grant & Contract Support
|Title:||Clinical studies of a bionic pancreas for automated glucose management in cystic fibrosis-related diabetes mellitus|
|Title:||The Insulin-Only Bionic Pancreas Pivotal Trial: Testing the iLet in Adults and Children with Type 1 Diabetes|