About Dr. Nader
Dr. Marc-Elie Nader received his medical degree from McGill University in 2007. He subsequently completed his residency in Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Montreal, Canada in 2012. In 2014, he completed a two-year fellowship training in Otology, Neurotology and Skull Base Surgery at the Baylor College of Medicine and at the MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Currently, Dr. Nader is an Assistant Professor of Otology and Neurotology in the Department of Head and Neck Surgery at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. Previously, he was an Assistant Professor in the Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Montreal. He is member of numerous professional societies including the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery and the American Neurotology Society.
Dr. Nader specializes in the treatment of tumors of the ear and temporal bone. His clinical interests include the surgical management of complex otologic diseases and lateral skull base lesions, such as vestibular schwannomas (acoustic neuromas). He also treats hearing loss, dizziness, vertigo, ear infections, cholesteatoma and other benign ear pathologies. He was trained in the full spectrum of surgical techniques for hearing rehabilitation, including bone-anchored hearing aids and cochlear implants. His research interests include the study of benign and malignant tumors of the ear, temporal bone and lateral skull base.
Assistant Professor, Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Division of Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2007||McGill University, Montreal, CAN, MD, Medicine|
|2012-2014||Clinical Fellowship, Neurotology, Baylor College of Medicine/University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2008-2011||Post Graduate Masters in Sciences, University of Montreal, Montreal|
|2008-2012||Residency Training, Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery FRCSC, University of Montreal, Montreal|
|2007-2008||General Surgery Internship, University of Montreal, Montreal|
|2012||Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery|
|2011||United States Medical Licensing Examination|
|2008||Medical Council of Canada|
Residency Program Director, Department of Head and Neck Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2018 - Present
- Nader ME, Ginsberg LE, Bell D, Roberts DB, Gidley PW. Evaluating Perineural Spread to the Intratemporal Facial Nerve on Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 160(6):1087-1094, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 30717625.
- Gosselin E, Elblidi A, Alhabib SF, Nader ME, Wanna G, Saliba I. Predictable prosthesis length on a high-resolution CT scan before a stapedotomy. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 275(9):2219-2226, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30054728.
- Berania I, Awad M, Saliba I, Dufour JJ, Nader ME. Delayed facial nerve decompression for severe refractory cases of Bell's palsy: a 25-year experience. J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 4(47):1, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29301560.
- Maheu M, Alhabib SF, Landry SP, Nader ME, Champoux F, Saliba I. Ear Fullness as a Symptom of Endolymphatic Hydrops in non-Ménière's Patient. J Int Adv Otol 13(3):379-384, 2017. PMID: 29360091.
- Belhassen S, Alzahrani M, Nader ME, Gaboury L, Saliba I. Study of Methylene Blue Ototoxicity in the Guinea Pig. J Clin Med Res 9(11):900-906, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 29038666.
- Nader ME, Bell D, Ginsberg L, DeMonte F, Gunn GB, Gidley PW. The First Reported Case of Primary Intestinal-type Adenocarcinoma of the Middle Ear and Review of the Literature. Otol Neurotol 38(9):e364-e368, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28796082.
- Nader ME, Myers JN, Gidley PW. Sudden hearing loss in a melanoma patient on pembrolizumab: an etiology not to be omitted in the differential diagnosis. J Immunother Cancer 5:24, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28331614.
- Nader ME, Beadle BM, Roberts DB, Gidley PW. Outcomes and complications of osseointegrated hearing aids in irradiated temporal bones. Laryngoscope 126(5):1187-92, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26371776.
- Nader ME, Bell D, Sturgis EM, Ginsberg LE, Gidley PW. Facial nerve paralysis due to a pleomorphic adenoma with the imaging characteristics of a facial nerve schwannoma. J Neurol Surg Rep 75(1):e84-8, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 25083397.
- Nader ME, Saliba I. Ototoxicity of intratympanic docusate sodium and mineral oil in the guinea pig. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 146(3):455-60, 2012. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 22101097.
- Saliba I, Nader ME, El Fata F, Leroux T. Bone anchored hearing aid in single sided deafness: outcome in right-handed patients. Auris Nasus Larynx 38(5):570-6, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21316882.
- Nader ME, Théorêt Y, Saliba I. The role of intratympanic lactate injection in the prevention of cisplatin-induced ototoxicity. Laryngoscope 120(6):1208-13, 2010. PMID: 20513041.
- Nader ME, Abou-Jaoude P, Cabaluna M, Desrosiers M. Using response to a standardized treatment to identify phenotypes for genetic studies of chronic rhinosinusitis. J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 39(1):69-75, 2010. PMID: 20122348.
- Nader ME, Kourelis M, Daniel SJ. Hydrogen peroxide ototoxicity in unblocking ventilation tubes: a chinchilla pilot study. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 136(2):216-20, 2007. PMID: 17275542.
- Abou-Jaoude PM, Manoukian JJ, Daniel SJ, Balys R, Abou-Chacra Z, Nader ME, Tewfik TL, Schloss MD. Complications of adenotonsillectomy revisited in a large pediatric case series. J Otolaryngol 35(3):180-5, 2006. PMID: 16929994.
- Nader ME, Gidley PW, Weber RS. Squamous cell carcinoma of the temporal bone. ENT Masterclass 6(1):82-86, 2013.
- Nader R, Nader ME, Gragnaniello, C Lumbar Facetectomy. eMedicine, 2014.
- Christopoulos A, Moubayed SP, Nader ME, Ghannoum J, Ayad T Anatomy of the Mouth. eMedicine, 2011.
- Berania I, Awad M, Dufour JJ, Saliba I, Nader ME. Delayed Facial Nerve Decompression for Severe Refractory Cases of Bell’s Palsy: A 25-year Experience. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 155(1):suppl P109, 2016.
- Saliba I, Asmar MH, Nader ME, Alhabib S. Endolymphatic Duct Blockage vs IT Steroids on Ménière’s Disease. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 155(1):suppl P112, 2014.
- Nader ME, Beadle B, Roberts D, Gidley PW. Outcome and Complications after Implantation of the Bone-Anchored Hearing Aid in Patients Treated with Radiotherapy to the Temporal Bone. Journal of Neurological Surgery 75(S1):S53, 2014.
- Sweeney AD, Nader ME, Sevy A, Williamson AS, Vrabec JT. Management of the Fallopian Canal Meningocele: A Case Series and Literature Review. J Neurol Surg B:75-A272, 2014. e-Pub 2014.
- Gidley PW, Fowler N, Nader ME. Hematologic Malignancies Affecting the Temporal Bone. In: Temporal Bone Cancer. Springer, Cham, 161-178, 2018.
- Gidley PW, Nader ME. Metastatic Lesions to the Temporal Bone. In: Temporal Bone Cancer. Springer, Cham, 205-220, 2018.
- Ibrahim B, Woods O, Saliba I, Nader ME.. Auditory Rehabilitation for Temporal Bone Cancer. In: Temporal Bone Cancer. Springer, Cham, 2018.
- Simmons JC, Sweeney AD, Nader ME, Williamson RA. Temporal Bone Trauma. In: Sataloff’s Comprehensive Textbook of Otolaryngology: Head and Neck Surgery: Otology/Neurotology/Skull Base Surgery. 1st. Jaypee Health Sciences Publisher, 2015.
- Vrabec JT, Nader ME. Peripheral Vertigo. In: Sataloff RT and Lalwani AK. Sataloff’s Comprehensive Textbook of Otolaryngology: Head and Neck Surgery: Otology/Neurotology/Skull Base Surgery. 1st. Jaypee Health Sciences Publisher, 2015.
- Lasio G, Gragnaniello C, Cardia A, Costa A, Nader R, Fornari M, Nader ME and Laws E. Approaches to Sellar and Parasellar Tumors. In: Nader R, Gragnaniello C et al. Neurosurgery Tricks of the Trade. Thieme Medical Publishers, 2013.
- Nader R, Nader ME. Chapter 12: Pituitary Adenoma. In: Neurosurgery Case Review: Questions and Answers. 1. Thieme Medical Publishers, 2009.
Letters to the Editor
- Gidley P, Nader ME, Sturgis E. Re: "Effect of Piecemeal vs En Bloc Approaches to the Lateral Temporal Bone on Survival Outcomes". Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 159: 595, 2018.