Assistant Professor, Department of Sarcoma Medical Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
I serve as a Master Clinician within my department and my focus is on patient care and expertise in treating patients with sarcoma. I am not the lead on any active research projects within my division. I do not have any ongoing research projects at this time. I am a collaborator on all open protocols within my department. When my schedule allows, I do look forward to investing time in a project that will impact the care of sarcomas. I have training in Clinical Safety and Effectiveness and hope to one day incorporate this into a meaningful project for patient care.
|2006||University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, USA, MD, Internal Medicine|
|2000||Rice University, Houston, TX, USA, BS, Biology|
|2010-2013||Clinical Fellowship, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2009-2010||Chief Resident, Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, TX|
|2006-2009||Clinical Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, TX|
|2010||American Board of Internal Medicine|
Clinical Specialist, Department of General Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2010 - Present
Instructor, Department of Gynecologic Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2009 - 2010
|2010||Herbert L. Fred Award|
|2007||Outstanding Intern of the Year Award, Department of Internal Medicine, UT Medical School at Houston|
- Sajja KC, Sweid A, Al Saiegh F, Chalouhi N, Avery MB, Schmidt RF, Tjoumakaris SI, Gooch MR, Herial N, Abbas R, Zarzour H, Romo V, Rosenwasser R, Jabbour P. Endovascular robotic: feasibility and proof of principle for diagnostic cerebral angiography and carotid artery stenting. J Neurointerv Surg 12(4):345-349, 2020. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32115436.
- Bishop AJ, Zarzour MA, Ratan R, Torres KE, Feig BW, Wang WL, Lazar AJ, Moon BS, Roland CL, Guadagnolo BA. Long-term outcomes for patients with desmoid fibromatosis treated with radiation therapy: a 10-year update and re-evaluation of the role of radiation therapy for younger patients. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 103(5):1167-1174, 2019. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30552963.
- Wagner MJ, Gopalakrishnan V, Ravi V, Livingston JA, Conley AP, Araujo D, Somaiah N, Zarzour MA, Ratan R, Wang WL, Patel SR, Lazar A, Ludwig JA, Benjamin RS. Vincristine, Ifosfamide, and Doxorubicin for Initial Treatment of Ewing Sarcoma in Adults. Oncologist 22(10):1271-1277, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28710342.
- Bishop AJ, Landry JP, Roland CL, Ratan R, Feig BW, Moon BS, Zarzour MA, Wang WL, Lazar AJ, Lewis VO, Torres KE, Guadagnolo BA. Certain risk factors for patients with desmoid tumors warrant reconsideration of local therapy strategies. Cancer. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32343846.
- Weinberg JH, Sweid A, Asada A, Abbas R, Joffe D, El Naamani K, Gooch MR, Herial N, Tjoumakaris S, Rosenwasser RH, Jabbour P, Zarzour H. Coil embolization of wide neck bifurcation aneurysms via 'shouldering' and 'framing': a safe alternative to conventional techniques. World Neurosurg. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32344137.
- Al-Dulaimi DW, Shah Abdul Majid A, M Baharetha H, Ahamed MBK, Faisal SF, Al Zarzour RH, Ein Oon C, Abdul Majid AMS, Ahmed Hassan LE. Anticlastogenic, antimutagenic, and cytoprotective properties of Orthosiphon stamineus ethanolic leaves extract. Drug Chem Toxicol:1-10. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32321321.
- Sweid A, Weinberg JH, Abbas R, El Naamani K, Tjoumakaris S, Wamsley C, Mann EJ, Neely C, Head J, Nauheim D, Hauge J, Gooch MR, Herial N, Zarzour H, Alexander TD, Missios S, Hasan D, Chalouhi N, Harrop J, Rosenwasser RH, Jabbour P. Predictors of ventriculostomy infection in a large single-center cohort. J Neurosurg:1-8. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32276249.
- Groisberg R, Roszik J, Conley AP, Lazar AJ, Portal DE, Hong DS, Naing A, Herzog CE, Somaiah N, Zarzour MA, Patel S, Brown RE, Subbiah V. Genomics, morphoproteomics, and treatment patterns of alveolar soft part sarcoma patients and response to multiple experimental therapies. Mol Cancer Ther. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32127467.