Associate Professor, Department of Sarcoma Medical Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
I serve as a Master Clinician within my department and my focus is on patient care and expertise in treating patients with sarcoma. I am not the lead on any active research projects within my division. I do not have any ongoing research projects at this time. I am a collaborator on all open protocols within my department. When my schedule allows, I do look forward to investing time in a project that will impact the care of sarcomas. I have training in Clinical Safety and Effectiveness and hope to one day incorporate this into a meaningful project for patient care.
|2006||University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, USA, MD, Internal Medicine|
|2000||Rice University, Houston, TX, USA, BS, Biology|
|2010-2013||Clinical Fellowship, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2009-2010||Chief Resident, Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, TX|
|2006-2009||Clinical Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, TX|
Assistant Professor, Department of Sarcoma Medical Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2013 - 2020
Clinical Specialist, Department of General Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2010 - 2013
Instructor, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2009 - 2010
|2010||Herbert L. Fred Award|
|2007||Outstanding Intern of the Year Award, Department of Internal Medicine, UT Medical School at Houston|
- Nassif EF, Cope B, Traweek R, Witt RG, Erstad DJ, Scally CP, Thirasastr P, Zarzour MA, Ludwig J, Benjamin R, Bishop AJ, Guadagnolo BA, Ingram D, Wani K, Wang WL, Lazar AJ, Torres KE, Hunt KK, Feig BW, Roland CL, Somaiah N, Keung EZ. Real-World Use of Palbociclib Monotherapy in Retroperitoneal Liposarcomas at a Large Volume Sarcoma Center. Int J Cancer 150(12):2012-2024, 2022. e-Pub 2022. PMID: 35128664.
- Parkes A, Wang WL, Patel S, Leung CH, Lin H, Conley AP, Somaiah N, Araujo DM, Zarzour M, Livingston JA, Ludwig J, Roland CL, Ravi V, Benjamin RS, Ratan R. Outcomes of systemic therapy in metastatic phyllodes tumor of the breast. Breast Cancer Res Treat 186(3):871-882, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33575859.
- Bishop AJ, Landry JP, Roland CL, Ratan R, Feig BW, Moon BS, Zarzour MA, Wang WL, Lazar AJ, Lewis VO, Torres KE, Guadagnolo BA. Certain risk factors for patients with desmoid tumors warrant reconsideration of local therapy strategies. Cancer 126(14):3265-3273, 2020. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32343846.
- Groisberg R, Roszik J, Conley AP, Lazar AJ, Portal DE, Hong DS, Naing A, Herzog CE, Somaiah N, Zarzour MA, Patel S, Brown RE, Subbiah V. Genomics, morphoproteomics, and treatment patterns of alveolar soft part sarcoma patients and response to multiple experimental therapies. Mol Cancer Ther 19(5):1165-1172, 2020. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32127467.
- Parkes A, Urquiola E, Bhosale P, Lin H, Watson K, Wang WL, Feig B, Torres K, Roland CL, Conley AP, Zarzour M, Livingston JA, Ratan R, Ludwig J, Araujo DM, Ravi V, Benjamin RS, Patel S, Somaiah N. PET/CT Imaging as a Diagnostic Tool in Distinguishing Well-Differentiated versus Dedifferentiated Liposarcoma. Sarcoma 2020:8363986, 2020. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32565716.
- Bishop AJ, Zarzour MA, Ratan R, Torres KE, Feig BW, Wang WL, Lazar AJ, Moon BS, Roland CL, Guadagnolo BA. Long-term outcomes for patients with desmoid fibromatosis treated with radiation therapy: a 10-year update and re-evaluation of the role of radiation therapy for younger patients. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 103(5):1167-1174, 2019. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30552963.
- Wagner MJ, Gopalakrishnan V, Ravi V, Livingston JA, Conley AP, Araujo D, Somaiah N, Zarzour MA, Ratan R, Wang WL, Patel SR, Lazar A, Ludwig JA, Benjamin RS. Vincristine, Ifosfamide, and Doxorubicin for Initial Treatment of Ewing Sarcoma in Adults. Oncologist 22(10):1271-1277, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28710342.
- Schvartsman G, Wagner MJ, Amini B, Zobniw CM, Trinh VA, Barbo AG, Lin HY, Wang WL, Conley AP, Ravi V, Araujo DM, Zarzour MA, Benjamin RS, Patel S, Somaiah N. Treatment patterns, efficacy and toxicity of regorafenib in gastrointestinal stromal tumour patients. Sci Rep 7(1):9519, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28842575.