About Dr. Bradshaw
Mariana Bradshaw, PhD, is a board certified clinical neuropsychologist and assistant professor in the Section of Neuropsychology, Department of Neuro-Oncology. She earned her PhD in clinical psychology from the University of Houston with a specialty in neuropsychology. After completing a two-year neuropsychology fellowship at MD Anderson Cancer Center, she joined the faculty in 2008. She is dedicated to patient care, providing comprehensive assessments of cancer patients who experience cognitive changes secondary to cancer, cancer treatment, and/or unrelated neurological processes, as well as mood disturbances. She also serves as the section’s Director of Training.
Associate Professor, Department of Neuro-Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2006||University of Houston, Houston, TX, USA, PHD, Clinical Psychology|
|2003||University of Houston, Houston, TX, USA, MA, Psychology|
|2001||The University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA, BA, Psychology|
|2006-2008||Clinical Fellowship, Neuropsychology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Neuro-Oncology, Houston, TX|
|2005-2006||Clinical Internship, Clinical Psychology/Neuropsychology, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Department of Psychiatry, Tucson, AZ|
|2011||American Board of Professional Psychology, Board Certified in Clinical Neuropsychology|
Assistant Professor, Department of Department of Neuro-Oncology, Section of Neuropsychology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2010 - 2017
Instructor, Department of Department of Neuro-Oncology, Section of Neuropsychology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2008 - 2010
Director of Neuropsychology Fellowship Training, Department of Neuro-Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2015 - Present
Institutional Committee Activities
Member, Faculty Senate, 2011 - 2012
Member, Psychosocial Behavioral & Health Services Research Committee, 2009 - 2012
- Noll KR, Bradshaw ME, Weinberg JS, Wefel JS. Neurocognitive functioning is associated with functional independence in newly diagnosed patients with temporal lobe glioma. Neurooncol Pract 5(3):184-193, 2018. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 30094046.
- Noll KR, Bradshaw ME, Weinberg JS, Wefel JS. Relationships between neurocognitive functioning, mood, and quality of life in patients with temporal lobe glioma. Psychooncology 26(5):617-624, 2017. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26677053.
- Wu AS, Witgert ME, Lang FF, Xiao L, Bekele BN, Meyers CA, Ferson D, Wefel JS. Neurocognitive function before and after surgery for insular gliomas. J Neurosurg 115(6):1115-25, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21905800.
- Witgert M, Salamone AR, Strutt AM, Jawaid A, Massman PJ, Bradshaw M, Mosnik D, Appel SH, Schulz PE. Frontal-Lobe Mediated Behavioral Dysfunction in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. Eur J Neurol 17(1):103-10, 2010. e-Pub 2009. PMID: 19874396.
- Davis RN, Andresen EN, Witgert ME, Breier JI. Is basic memory structure invariant across epilepsy patient subgroups?. J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 28(6):987-997, 2006. PMID: 16822737.
- Witgert ME, Wheless JW, Breier JI. Frequency of panic symptoms in psychogenic nonepileptic seizures. Epilepsy Behav 6(2):174-178, 2005. PMID: 15710300.
- Witgert ME, Meyers CA. Neurocognitive and Quality of Life Measures in Patients with Metastatic Brain Disease. Neurosurg Clin N Am 22(1):79-85, 2011. PMID: 21109152.
- Witgert ME, Veramonti T, Hanna E. Instruments for estimation of health related quality of life in patients with skull base neoplasms. Skull Base 20(1):5-10, 2010. PMID: 20592851.
- Wefel JS, Witgert ME, Meyers CA. Neuropsychological sequelae of non-central nervous system cancer and cancer therapy. Neuropsychol Rev 18(2):121-131, 2008. e-Pub 2008. PMID: 18415683.
- Bradshaw ME, Wefel JS. The Neuropsychology of Oncology. In: Clinical Neuropsychology: A Pocket Handbook for Assessment. 3rd. APA: Washington DC, 313-337, 2014.
- Witgert M, Wefel JS. Neuropsychological Assessment of Older Adults with a History of Cancer. In: Handbook on the Neuropsychology of Aging and Dementia. Springer: New York, 443-454, 2013.
- Witgert M, Wefel JS. Neurobehavioral Side Effects of Cancer and Cancer Therapy. In: MD Anderson Manual of Psychosocial Oncology. McGraw-Hill: New York, 179-188, 2011.
- Witgert ME, Meyers CA. Neurocognitive function and quality of life measures in patients with metastatic brain tumors. In: Neurosurgery Clinics of North America: Management of Brain Metastases. W. B. Saunders Company: Philadelphia, PA, 2011.
- Witgert M, Veramonti T. Neurocognitive assessment of patients with tumors of the skull base. In: Comprehensive Management of Tumors of the Skull Base. Informa Healthcare: New York, 2009.
|Title:||A Brain Plasticity Based Computerized Intervention to Treat Attention and Memory Problems in Adult Brain Tumor Survivors|
|Funding Source:||UTMDACC Cancer Survivorship Research Seed Money Grants|