About Dr. Vidal
Dr. Marieberta Vidal is an assistant professor of Palliative, Rehabilitation & Integrative Medicine. She obtained her medical degree from the University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, completed internal medicine residency at the University of Houston, and palliative care fellowship at MD Anderson Cancer Center. Vidal has been a member of the MD Anderson community since 2006, earning her post as assistant professor in 2012. She is an active clinician who specializes in quality end-of-life care, focusing on palliative care interventions and symptom management in patients with solid and hematologic malignancies.
Assistant Professor, Department of Palliative Care and Rehabilitation Medicine, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2002||University of Puerto Rico, School of Medicine, San Juan, PR, USA, MD, Medicine|
|1998||University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus, Rio Piedras, PR, USA, BS, Biology|
|2011-2012||Clinical Fellowship, Hospice and Palliative Care Fellowship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2002-2005||Clinical Residency, University of Texas, Houston, TX|
|2005||American Board of Internal Medicine|
Instructor, Department of General Internal Medicine, Division of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2006 - 2012
- Vidal M, Hui D, Williams J, Bruera E. A Prospective Study of Hypodermoclysis Performed by Caregivers in the Home Setting. J Pain Symptom Manage 52(4):570-574.e9, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27640727.
- de la Cruz M, Reddy A, Vidal M, Tanco K, Azhar A, Silvestre J, Liu DD, Wu J, Bruera E. Impact of a Palliative Care Checklist on Clinical Documentation. J Oncol Pract 12(2):e241-7, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 26733626.
- Reddy A, Tayjasanant S, Haider A, Heung Y, Wu J, Liu D, Yennurajalingam S, Reddy S, de la Cruz M, Rodriguez EM, Waletich J, Vidal M, Arthur J, Holmes C, Tallie K, Wong A, Dev R, Williams J, Bruera E. The opioid rotation ratio of strong opioids to transdermal fentanyl in cancer patients. Cancer 122(1):149-56, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26451687.
- Pimentel LE, Yennurajalingam S, Chisholm G, Edwards T, Guerra-Sanchez M, De La Cruz M, Tanco K, Vidal M, Bruera E. The Frequency and Factors Associated with the Use of a Dedicated Supportive Care Center Telephone Triaging Program in Patients with Advanced Cancer at a Comprehensive Cancer Center. J Pain Symptom Manage 49(5):939-44, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25666520.
- Reddy A, Yennurajalingam S, Desai H, Reddy S, de la Cruz M, Wu J, Liu D, Rodriguez EM, Waletich J, Shin SH, Gayle V, Patel P, Dalal S, Vidal M, Tanco K, Arthur J, Tallie K, Williams J, Silvestre J, Bruera E.. The opioid rotation ratio of hydrocodone to strong opioids in cancer patients. J Pain Symptom Manage, 2014.
- Hui D, Didwaniya N, Vidal M, Shin SH, Chisholm G, Roquemore J, Bruera E.. Quality of end-of-life care in patients with hematologic malignancies: A retrospective cohort study. Cancer, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24549743.
- Hui D, Morgado M, Vidal M, Withers L, Nguyen Q, Chisholm G, Finch C, Bruera E. Dyspnea in hospitalized advanced cancer patients: subjective and physiologic correlates. Journal of Palliative Medicine, 2013. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 23398052.
- Bekele L, Vidal M, Adjei AA Systemic Chemotherapy in Patients with Renal Failure. American Journal of Clinical Oncology 24:382-384.
- Vidal M, Kantarjian H, O'Brien S, Rios MB, Verstovsek S, Cortes J. Sudden Blastic Transformation (SBT) in Patients (PTS) with Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML) Treated with Imatinib Mesylate.
- Vidal M. Bleeding Disorders. In: Internal Medicine Issues in Palliative Cancer Care. Oxford University Press.