Associate Professor, Department of Plastic Surgery, Division of Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2001||University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA, MD, Doctor of Medicine|
|1997||Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT, USA, BA, Biochemistry and Music|
Assistant Professor, Department of Plastic Surgery, Division of Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2008 - 2014
Clinical Specialist, Department of Plastic Surgery, Division of Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2007 - 2008
Faculty Liaison for Physician Assistants, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2011 - Present
Institutional Committee Activities
Member, Credentials Committee of the Medical Staff (CCMS), 2013 - Present
Reviewer, Grants & Protocols, Office of Protocol Research, 2009 - Present
Member, Faculty Senate, 2008 - 2011
|2008||Selected as one of "America's Top Plastic Surgeons", Consumer's Research Council|
|2007||Senior Residents Competition, Fourth Place, Chicago Society of Plastic Surgeons|
|2006||Outstanding Resident Clinical Presentation, Midwestern Association of Plastic Surgeons|
|2001||Merck Manual Award|
|2000||Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society|
|1997||The American Institute of Chemists Best Senior Biochemist Award|
- Viola GM, Selber JC, Crosby M, Raad II, Butler CE, Villa MT, Kronowitz SJ, Clemens MW, Garvey P, Yang W, Baumann DP. Salvaging the Infected Breast Tissue Expander: A Standardized Multidisciplinary Approach. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 4(6):e732, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27482480.
- Tong WM, Baumann DP, Villa MT, Mittendorf EA, Liu J, Robb GL, Kronowitz SJ, Garvey PB. Obese Women Experience Fewer Complications after Oncoplastic Breast Repair following Partial Mastectomy Than after Immediate Total Breast Reconstruction. Plast Reconstr Surg 137(3):777-91, 2016. PMID: 26910658.
- Gangopadhyay N, Villa MT, Chang EI, Selber JC, Liu J, Garvey PB. Combining Preoperative CTA Mapping of the Peroneal Artery and Its Perforators with Virtual Planning for Free Fibula Flap Reconstruction of Mandibulectomy Defects. Plast Reconstr Surg 136(4 Suppl):8-9, 2015. PMID: 26397491.
- Tong W, Baumann DP, Villa MT, Mittendorf EA, Crosby MA, Liu J, Robb GL, Garvey PB. Obese Women Experience Fewer Complications after Oncoplastic Breast Reconstruction Following Segmental Mastectomy Versus Immediate Breast Reconstruction Following Skin-Sparing Mastectomy. Plast Reconstr Surg 134(4 Suppl 1):78-9, 2014.
- Crosby MA, Chike-Obi CJ, Baumann DP, Sacks JM, Villa MT, Garvey PB, Selber JC, Feig BW. Reconstructive Outcomes in Patients with Sarcoma of the Breast. Plast Reconstr Surg 126(6):1805-14, 2010. PMID: 20697311.
- Villa MT. Commentary: Canadian breast implant cohort: Extended follow-up of cancer incidence [Int J Cancer 131:E1148 - E1157, 2012]. Breast Diseases: A Yearbook Quarterly 24(2):192-193, 2013.
- Sacks JM, Hanasono MM, Baumann DP, Villa MT, Crosby MA, Robb GL. Reconstructive Surgery in Cancer Patients, Chapter 24. In: The MD Anderson Surgical Oncology Handbook. 5th. Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, 635-649, 2013.
- Eldor L, Villa MT, Chevray PM. Breast Reconstruction in the Obese Patient. In: Advanced Therapy of Breast Disease. 3rd. People’s Medical Publishing House: USA, 711-720, 2012.
|Title:||2015 Flap Dissection Course|