Associate Professor, Department of Clinical Psychologist, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Department of Pediatrics, Houston, TX
|1994||University of North Texas, Denton, TX, USA, PHD, Counseling Psychology|
|1990||University of North Texas, Denton, TX, USA, MA, Counseling Psychology|
|1988||The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA, BA, Psychology|
|1994-1996||Postdoctoral Fellow, Pediatric Psychology, The University Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Pediatrics, Houston, TX|
Assistant Professor, Clinical Psychologist, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Department of Pediatrics, Houston, TX, 2005 - 2012
- Iobst EA, Alderfer MA, Sahler OJ, Askins MA, Fairclough DL, Katz ER, Butler RW, Dolgin MJ, Noll RB. Problem solving and maternal distress at the time of a child's diagnosis of cancer in two-parent versus lone-parent households. J Pediatr Psychol 34(8):817-821, 2009. e-Pub 2009. PMID: 19129268.
- Askins MA, Sahler OJ, Sherman SA, Fairclough DL, Butler RW, Katz ER, Dolgin MJ, Varni JW, Noll RB, Phipps S. Report from a multi-institutional randomized clinical trial examining computer-assisted problem-solving skills training for English- and Spanish-speaking mothers of children with newly diagnosed cancer. J Pediatr Psychol 34(5):551-63, 2009. e-Pub 2008. PMID: 19091804.
- Johns AL, Oland AA, Katz ER, Sahler OJ, Askins MA, Butler RW, Dolgin MJ. Qualitative analysis of the role of culture in coping themes of Latina and European American mothers of children with cancer. J Pediatr Oncol Nurs 26(3):167-175, 2009. e-Pub 2009. PMID: 19398713.
- Askins MA, Moore BD. Psychosocial support of the pediatric cancer patient: Lessons learned over the past 50 years. Curr Oncol Rep 14(3):251-258, 2008. PMID: 18928661.
- Askins MA, Moore BD. Preventing neurocognitive late effects in childhood cancer survivors. J Child Neurol 23(10):1160-1171, 2008. PMID: 18952582.
- Butler RW, Sahler OJ, Askins MA, Alderfer MA, Katz ER, Phipps S, Noll RB. Interventions to improve neuropsychological functioning in childhood cancer survivors. Dev Disabil Res Rev 10(6):469-476, 2008. PMID: 18924157.
- Dolgin MJ, Phipps S, Fairclough DL, Sahler OJ, Askins M, Noll RB, Butler RW, Varni JW, Katz ER. Trajectories of adjustment in mothers of children with newly diagnosed cancer: a natural history investigation. J Pediatr Psychol 32(7):771-82, 2007. e-Pub 2007. PMID: 17403910.
- Wolff JE, Hüttermann U, Askins MA. Quantifying health status outcomes in pediatric medulloblastoma patients. Anticancer Res 27(1B):523-9, 2007. PMID: 17348436.