About Dr. Mary Guirguis
Dr. Guirguis joined MD Anderson as a faculty member in the department of breast imaging in 2019. She is passionate about her clinical service and trainee education. Her clinical and research interests include breast conservation therapy, preoperative localization, digital breast tomosynthesis, and breast MRI.
Assistant Professor, Department of Breast Imaging, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Breast Conservation Therapy
Triple Negative Breast Cancer
Resident and fellow education
Digital Breast Tomosynthesis
|2013||University of Texas Medical School at Houston (McGovern Medical School), Houston, TX, USA, MD, Medicine|
|2009||University of Houston, Houston, TX, USA, BA, German|
|2009||University of Houston, Houston, TX, USA, BS, Biology|
|2018-2019||Clinical Fellowship, Breast and Body Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2014-2018||Clinical Residency, Diagnostic Radiology, University of Texas Medical School at Houston (McGovern Medical School), Houston, TX|
|2013-2014||Clinical Internship, Internal Medicine, Presbyterian Hospital Dallas, Dallas, TX|
|2019||American Board of Radiology|
- Riascos R, Bonfante E, Cotes C, Guirguis M, Hakimelahi R, West C. Imaging of atlanto-occipital and atlantoaxial traumatic injuries: What the radiologist needs to know. Radiographics 35(7):2121-34, 2015. PMID: 26562241.
- Guirguis MS, Shroff GS. Cement pulmonary embolism. Am J Med Sci 349(5):e5, 2015. PMID: 24534786.
- Shroff GS, Guirguis MS, Ocazionez D, Oldham SA, Restrepo CS, Chiles C. Beyond metastatic disease: A pictorial review of multinodular lung disease with computed tomographic pathologic correlation. Can Assoc Radiol J 66(1):16-23, 2015. PMID: 25623007.
- Shroff GS, Guirguis MS, Ferguson EC, Oldham SA, Kantharia BK. CT imaging of complications of catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation. Clin Radiol 69(1):96-102, 2014. PMID: 24268510.
- Lindsey JW1, Khan U, Ansari W, Powell T, Wang YH, Guirguis MS. The antibody response to Epstein-Barr virions is altered in multiple sclerosis. J Neuroimmunol 15(254):146-53, 2013.
- Teichgraeber DC, Perez F, Guirguis MS, Kapoor MM, Whitman GJ. Ultrasound evaluation of the axilla in the breast imaging setting. Ultrasound Q. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33464028.
- Teichgraeber DC, Guirguis MS, Whitman GJ. Breast cancer staging: Updates in the AJCC Cancer Staging Manual 8th Edition and Current Challenges for Radiologists, From the AJR Special Series on Cancer Staging. AJR Am J Roentgenol. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33594908.
- Guirguis MS, Adrada BE, Surasi DS, Dryden MJ. 68Ga-DOTATATE uptake in primary breast cancer. Clin Nucl Med. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 33234932.
- Guirguis MS, Adrada BE, Dryden M, Le-Petross HC, Sun J, Rauch G, Checka C, Whitman G, Moseley T. The feasibility of breast conservation therapy in multifocal/multicentric breast cancer using multiple radioactive seeds: A paradigm shift. Radiological Society of North America 105th Annual Meeting, 2019.
- Guirguis MS, Adrada B, Santiago L, Candelaria R, Arribas E. Benign mimickers of breast malignancy. American Roentgen Ray Society 119th Annual Meeting, 2019.
- Guirguis MS, Santiago L, Adrada B, Rauch G, Arribas E. Beyond invasive ductal carcinoma: A review of unusual breast malignancies. American Roentgen Ray Society 119th Annual Meeting, 2019.
- Guirguis MS, He H, Zhang S, Whitman G, Moseley T. Invasive lobular carcinoma of the male breast. American Roentgen Ray Society 119th Annual Meeting, 2019.
- Guirguis MS. Traumatic scapula fractures: A review of classifications and management. American Society of Emergency Radiology 29th Annual Meeting, 2017.
- Hermann S, Ortiz-Romero S, Bih E, Guirguis MS, Ditzler M, Divito D, Eldaya R, Matta E, Kirschner K. Finding the fetus: A multi-modality overview of the ectopic pregnancy spectrum, mimickers, and clinical management. Radiological Society of North America 102nd Annual Meeting, 2016.
- Supsupin E, Guirguis MS, Bingham B, Choi J, Mallery M, Bonfante E. Vascular complications of head and neck infections. American Society of Neuroradiology Annual Meeting, 2016.
- Guirguis MS, Ko A, Chinapuvvula NR. Imaging of acute pelvic pain in the premenopausal female: How to ensure timely surgical management. American Society of Emergency Radiology 2015 Annual Scientific Meeting, 2015.
- Shroff G, Guirguis MS, Konopka K, Oldham S, Chiles C. Multinodular lung disease: Pattern recognition and differential diagnosis with CT and pathologic correlation. American Roentgen Ray Society 113th Annual Meeting, 2013.
- Oldham S, Ferguson E, Shroff G, Guriguis MS, Hariharan R, Kntharia BK. CT imaging of complications associated with pulmonary vein ablation for atrial fibrillation. Radiological Society of North America 98th Annual Meeting, 2012.
Letters to the Editor
- Shroff G, Guirguis M, Ferguson E, Oldham S, Kantharia B. Re: CT imaging of complications of catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation. A reply. Clin Radiol 69: 369, 2014.